The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does everyone else feel about the fact Guides of the Lotus now have an "exclusive" armor set?

Eldnacpeek

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

1) Well you have posted nothing but rather negative things.

There is nothing positive about SOME people getting stuff for free and other cant even get it with money...so how can i mention a postive thing ? also the OP asked how we feel about it...

They are fully responsible for anything they say and do, not being above reproach

everyone is....so where is everyone's special armor stuff for free?

you would have applied to be a guide.

I would have but I work 40+ hours a week  and can't dedicate the time unlike the guides we have now. Will it stop me from helping newbies? Nope because it's merely the void thing to do and I'm not worried or threatened by Officially sponsored guides getting a few visual keys.

no, i don't want a badge.. i don't even want the armor myself...
i just think no one should get special items while other don't...(( but both do basically the same thing )

also so far i only seen 1 of the guides myself on a relay just standing and showing off like everyone else there...
you also see/read people asking about the armor and then they are dissapointed that they cant get it themselves because "exclusive".

then there is those purple text dudes on chat.. honestly reading chat isn't that hard.. and referering to "google it" or "use codex"  isn't that hard.. no idea why that needs to be rewarded at all...

further more i only mention it ( that i also help people ) because i do it and never asked for a reward.

If DE would ever ask me to help i would not want any special item for it since i don't agree with elitism...
If they would give me XYZ item i would rather ask them to give everyone the same...they all play the game .. they all socialize and talk.. they all trade and help others...

1 hour ago, Vyra said:

i just think no one should get special items while other don't...(( but both do basically the same thing )

Then you are really, really playing the wrong game. Exclusivity has been a part of Warframe since literally day one. It's not going to change, because it forms a fairly substantial part of DE's business model.

12 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Then you are really, really playing the wrong game. Exclusivity has been a part of Warframe since literally day one. It's not going to change, because it forms a fairly substantial part of DE's business model.

I don't think that Exclusivity itself is the problem.

It's DE's lack of any solid stance regarding Exclusivity that seems to create the most friction within the community. Now, if they were to come out and say "we feel X way about item exclusivity, and all our decisions will reflect that," it might actually be even worse. In the end, it's not an ideal situation, but it may be the best one we've got for now.

Having said that, I don't see the purpose of this GotL-exclusive stuff. People are saying that the Guides deserve some recognition for their service, but they aren't doing anything that ordinary players don't do every day. My initial reason for wanting to join was for the structure. Having a quasi-official support structure makes the job of "being helpful" easier to do, and it was always my understanding that this was the entire point of GotL in the first place.

I'm also seeing the argument that these items will make them easier to spot within the game, and I don't agree with that either. GotL has been in place for more than long enough for internal policies to be hammered out that would have already solved this problem, if indeed it was a problem. In busy, crowded relays, this armor isn't going to do anything to make them more visible. In less crowded environments, the "visibility" factor isn't necessary.

They could have gone about this a better way, and I think it's the wrong direction to be taking GotL.

3 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

3) Now you have spoke of elitism before, but you are the one acting entitled as if you should have it too because you randomly help players, now if you truly did this then you would have applied to be a guide.

I would have but I work 40+ hours a week  and can't dedicate the time unlike the guides we have now. Will it stop me from helping newbies? Nope because it's merely the right thing to do and I'm not worried or threatened by Officially sponsored guides getting a few visual keys.

This.

Please, @Vyra Don't attempt to deny the glory of Lord Vauban Prime

2 hours ago, notlamprey said:

I don't think that Exclusivity itself is the problem.

It's DE's lack of any solid stance regarding Exclusivity that seems to create the most friction within the community.

Totally this.

Introducing pseudo-exclusive content while trying to get rid of exclusivity, knowing that there's certain exclusives that can't be brought back doesn't feel like a smart step if we keep in mind how split is the community about it.

5 minutes ago, Naftal said:

I'm a little salty about anything the guides get as I've been doing their "job" for over three years "for free".

Were you doing it to receive an armor set? Or because you wanted to help people? Just thought I'd ask...  :)

Just now, Naftal said:

Obviously to help because you don't get anything for it.

Well there you go then!  :)

Seriously though, I don't see a problem with one or two exclusive cosmetics. Now, if they kept making more of them, then it might get annoying. But one sigil and one armor set isn't such a big deal imo. Granted, it probably helps that I don't care for it too much...

Just now, Naftal said:

I don't get your point.

I.... uh.... don't have one. Not really. I was just saying that you did it so you could help people, so mission accomplished! No regrets! .....right?

I was just joking, really.

what is sad is when I started this game, I never even heard about guides of lotus. My first relay visit was MR 8 to pluto for Baro Kitears. Guides of Lotus are cool for new players, but in all honesty any other player in clan/region/relay chat or a quick google search is all you need. Exclusive armors for these people is kind of pushing it as NONE of anyone I know has ever talked to a guides of lotus, or never needed one (youtube, google, warframe builder, forums, reddit, wiki)

They receive no other compensation because they are offering to volunteer their time to help new players.

It's more of an identifier than anything.

Perhaps you should apply the next time recruitment is open just as they did.

Edited by (PS4)Xurokhan

This thread and discussion has run its course.

The armor and the sigil is used as an identifier to help players better identify the GOTL, especially the juniors. There are many great suggestions on other ways to help improve visibility and they have been taken note of. Like everything else there are only so many resources that can be used so implementing stuff takes time.

If you do not like the GOTL program thats fine, the great thing about it is it doesnt affect you in anyway, shape or form.

Thank you to those who stayed on topic.