Latron Prime

Normal Attacks
Impact wImpact 8.5
Puncture wPuncture 68.0
Slash wSlash 8.5
Crit Chance 15.0%

Miscellaneous
Introduced Update 8.0

Looking at the critical chance and the looks of the new mods - this bad boy hits crits like crazy giving off an awsome amount of damage at a 7x multiplyer with Hammer shot and Vital sense alone. Adding Bladded rounds on top of this creates a monster of destuction. I love the Latron Prime but, the wraith seems to take its place after a classic 5 Forma. I cant put down the math exactly but, after testing I was getting more damage using the Wrait with the same build on both. 

(V) (V) (V) (V)

( ) (-) (-) ( )

meh, still prefer Latron p. this bae is my first ever prime. the latron was my first crafted weapon and the latron wraith was my first event weapon....the latron family is my firsts :D 

the only reason I'd take the prime is because the color of the wraith doesn't really appeal to me. yes it's good in stats but fashionframe is endgame imo. although I prefer the model of the latron/wraith over the prime 

also, keep in mind that the prime is status-focused and wraith is crit focused

I prefer Latron Prime too. Its a f*cking monster. 36k on crit/headshot. If my Smeeta buffs me with red crits, Every headshot with Point Strike, Bladed Rounds + 2 90% Elemental hits 66k. As I main Rhino, if I use Roar, it goes to 133k per headshot.

I love my Latron Wraith too, is more reliable but its not the same as the Prime. Prime feels like you're shooting 50.cal ammo, while the Latron Wraith sounds like you're shooting an 20mm cannon.

Latron was my first weapon, bought it for 25k credits fully built in U7, Latron Prime was my first prime weapon and Latron Wraith was my first event weapon. Latrons 4 life.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

32 minutes ago, Momaw said:

IMO it really comes down to personal preference, these weapons are approximately equivalent.  Latron Prime has higher peak damage and somewhat nicer status chance but Latron Wraith is far more consistent and shoots somewhat faster.

Yes it is really about personal preference foremost. They are so close and still unique if you know them a bit. I pick them based on my Warframe. If I feel like I have more breathing room for headshoots it is Latron Prime. If I think I am going to be on the move alot Latron Wraith is really nice with hip fire if you have to. 

Argon Scope for Prime, Bladed Rounds for Wraith, which is the main reason why they sort of equal out on my builts. I don`t run both mods.

I think Wraith is slightly better? It is really hard to say, I prefer the better handling Wraith gives. Then again Latron Prime is getting INSANE with reload speed chroma and his damage buff from Vex Armor ^^

12 hours ago, Kenshin98 said:

meh, still prefer Latron p. this bae is my first ever prime. the latron was my first crafted weapon and the latron wraith was my first event weapon....the latron family is my firsts :D 

the only reason I'd take the prime is because the color of the wraith doesn't really appeal to me. yes it's good in stats but fashionframe is endgame imo. although I prefer the model of the latron/wraith over the prime 

I have to agree on the color way of the weapon, and im happy to say that this is a preferance based post after rereading it. I think they are both great weapons in all honestly! They both carry out very well. In my opinion status damage has a fall off while Crit with small status seems to go far for me. Thank you for giving your feeback!

Edited by (XB1)JoeABroke

17 hours ago, Kenshin98 said:

are you me

My 2cents:

Latron P and Latron W are very nearly identical overall.  While Latron W has higher theoretical damage output, it seems to have more recoil.  Because of that I use a recoil mod (nearly a must for Latron W).  Latron P is slower to fire, so it benefits from a fire-rate mod imo.  At the same time it's less crit focused giving Latron P higher ability to wreck object HP (nullies and arctics).

Overall I'd say Latron P takes the cake for damage, but I honestly Prefer the Latron W (it's sound effect is less grating, with the recoil mod it's more stable than the P).

So, I sacrifice some damage for a recoil mod on the W, and take it over the P because I like that super stable pin-point firing.