Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How in the world are you supposed to do the Kepler mission?

Virsalus

Question

This is a mess. The Archwing is not designed to be used in narrow passages with tons of corners and protruding parts that you can get caught it. Lose your orientation just once? Well you can say goodbye to the mission. It absolutely blows my mind how this can be designed so bad when the other parts I have seen of this game so far are so much better.

Wow, now I finally reach the stupid transport just in time and IT IS FREAKING SHIELDED and the small thing keeps flying behind it so I can't hit it and then the transport gets away anyway.

SUCH AWE INSPIRING QUEST DESIGN!

Edited by Virsalus

19 answers to this question

archwing is in a not very good condition atm, the rotation and difficulty in navigating narrow spaces makes it a tedious chore, sure there will always be some who say its great and just tell you to practice but it is just awful for a lot of people at the moment and they regularly say so, my main problem is the rotation, i have no idea why auto rotation was even put in, yes its space but all maps have an original orientation and we should have an easy way to toggle the holding your rotation to the natural up or not so it makes it easier, ive always liked AW even with how bare bones it used to be, it was something different but this has just turned me right off

It's easy after few tries, yet sometimes RNG is a *@##$ and throws you some difficult sharp angle turns or that damned giant fans.

-Fluctus and Grattler makes destroying mines and ship drones much easier

-Mines dont have much range

-Most of the time, just ignore enemies

-Dont use Nezha as base frame, due to his friction reduction turning you into ping pong

- (not confirmed, yet) Since Amesha's Warding Grace makes you immune to status, I think it will make you immune to slow mines too

- Use afterburner only in straight lines

I just managed to do it with a squad of two other people. But just because you can get used to this mess doesn't mean it's well designed. Orientation in this mission is almost hopeless. As I said earlier, if you lose sight of where to fly next just for a moment, you can basically forget the mission. The target markers don't help a lot, sometimes they confuse you even further rather than showing you the way. Pair this with the strict time limit and the fact that you can get caught on corners and stuff and not really navigate out of them very well, this becomes a nightmare very fast and unnecessarily so.

12 minutes ago, Romalic said:

archwing is in a not very good condition atm, the rotation and difficulty in navigating narrow spaces makes it a tedious chore, sure there will always be some who say its great and just tell you to practice but it is just awful for a lot of people at the moment and they regularly say so, my main problem is the rotation, i have no idea why auto rotation was even put in, yes its space but all maps have an original orientation and we should have an easy way to toggle the holding your rotation to the natural up or not so it makes it easier, ive always liked AW even with how bare bones it used to be, it was something different but this has just turned me right off

This

Corpus trench run map was made with the old flight model in mind. Not that the map ever worked well for this tileset as the junctions can easily be missed as the map takes a U turn and you keep going for awhile before hitting the dead end. But its really bad with the new 6D flight. Plus no easy manual Roll keys without screwing around with crouch keys leads to frustration trying to reorient to the tiles natural up and down.

i did it after a bunch of tries, if ur using odonata, keep some energy to shoot the orbiters shielding the transport down with homing missile thingy. and appearently hitscan weapons work best(like imperator) to shoot down the mines.

overall, i love archwing quests when theyre not in cramped places. space battles feel fun.

I also like the Archwing missions in the more open space maps. But this one with all these narrow corridors is really not fun. It would be better if there wasn't such a strict time frame on the mission. If I ever do this again, I'll definitely try the homing missiles for the orbiters, though!

Edited by Virsalus

on consoles archwing is crap. we can not turn the carmera as fast, without sacrificing accuracy or the controls becoming so touchy they are unuseable. flying around is like being a bad drift car racer with bald tires on ice.

open space missions - fine if you can find your target and not lose track of it.

corpus ship maps - with no roll manual roll ability get very disorienting very fast, try to boost on a straightaway and not aimed perfectly in the center you become a pinball.

the ONLY mission that is even worth doing is the higher level mobile def on the corpus ship, you can take you time to get to the def point, and with amesha it becomes a joke, but at least the enemys only come for 2-3 predictable directions and not like the open space mob def map. which again with amesha is a joke.

for those that need to unlock these nodes still (esp the rush mission one) on console, wish ya'll luck   glad i've had the starchart done way before sotr dropped