Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Caches just as useless as lockers now?

Xekrin

Question

I just ran several fissure missions that were in void sabotage missions.  Of all the runs only I even bothered looking, nay not just look but open them, as I saw at least 1 cache in a few of them that were right in the open.  Even though it was right there in plain sight along the route to the objective, only I stopped to open it.  

2 missions I only managed to find 2 caches before everyone else was done and at extraction. In one mission I found none because I loaded in the middle of the map and didn't have time to backtrack.  In all of them I struggled to find enough reactant each time to fulfil my quota before everyone else impatiently started the extraction timer.  

So my question is simple, are they worthless now?  Unless it is an intentional cache farm how many bother even getting them.  So far I found nothing in them but useless mods, a few random "rare" (gallium) resources and of course that pointless 1500 credits.

I know there are supposed to be cache only unique items such as mods and ship parts and whatever else but I've yet to find those ever.  Are the drop rates just too low for people to even take a moment and try to get them?  Are the current cache rewards, now that Prime Parts are gone from them, no longer worth the time or effort to actually seek them out?

17 answers to this question

You hit the nail on the head with your first sentence: Void Fissures. When you run Fissure missions, everything else is ignored. The goal is to get in and out asap and see what your reward is so you can either try again or move on to a new item.

Edited by Ceryk

13 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

It's not the caches themselves, it's the "FAST FAST FAST!!1!1" mindset of the players involved.

So f#cking true.

Have you ever taken a step back, and just walked around, looking at the scenery? DE makes these beautiful tilesets, and we just speed through them at Mach 10 most of the time.

Every now and then, it's really nice to just slow down, and take it all in.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

Landing Craft BPs have particular drop locations, depending on which one you're looking for :

Mantis - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mantis

Scimitar - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Scimitar

Xiphos - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Xiphos

Gold mods and relics, are the best I've looted from caches. 

As for running fissure missions with a group, unless you're looking to increase your prime pick chance, it's best not to.

Personally, yes i see them as being pointless because they only hold useless items, nothing too special is in them anymore so whats the point in searching for them? I mean it's all down to personal opinion and your gameplay style, i sometimes hunt them simply because i enjoyed hunting them before SoTR but in my opinion, its rather unnecessary

8 hours ago, DeltaPhantom said:

So f#cking true.

Have you ever taken a step back, and just walked around, looking at the scenery? DE makes these beautiful tilesets, and we just speed through them at Mach 10 most of the time.

Every now and then, it's really nice to just slow down, and take it all in.

I love the orokin tilesets and their design and many other tilesets the detail the design team put into tilesets for us and most of us don't have the decency to just walk through a mission and observe what you're surrounded by, it really is a beautiful thing 

So far caches have a chance for some decent stuff, like nitain or xiphos parts but those are the really rare moments.

For void, those caches have a chance to give bullet dance.

For Eris Hive missions, the caches have a chance of giving some of the dual status electric mods.

11 hours ago, TheScytale said:

It's not the caches themselves, it's the "FAST FAST FAST!!1!1" mindset of the players involved.

is it suprising? That's the only thing that gets rewarded on a limited time mission.

This whole void fisure thing has been nothing but one big mess so far >.> talk about improvement

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

14 hours ago, Xekrin said:

So my question is simple, are they worthless now?  Unless it is an intentional cache farm how many bother even getting them.  So far I found nothing in them but useless mods, a few random "rare" (gallium) resources and of course that pointless 1500 credits.

The first two caches do not contain things that are worth hunting for caches. You need to find all three of them because the third cache contains the rare stuff. I tend to solo sabotage missions when I need argon. This way I have a reason to run into each and every room anyway. The rare stuff is very rewarding. There are great mods, landing craft parts and even alertium/nitain (got one at the weekend).