The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The solution to the return of excal prime.

Arcturus125

The only thing I think sad about excal prime never coming back, is how some players are using DE's promise to make some profit by account smuggling (which is against EULA) to bypass DE's promise and turn players who weren't there into founders.

As for me, it can stay exclusive as long as Steve wants.

58 minutes ago, Arcturus125 said:

yes, but DE has always prided themselves on the fact that every warframe and weapon that is available for money, is also available for free in game (with farming). why should excal prime be an exception to this 'pride' DE have?

the suggestion doesn't fit within the agreements that DE have made with its founders!

the warframe was made as a timed exclusive to help gain funding so that the game could continue breathing and be popularized. think of it as a kickstarter pledge!

also DE dont pride themselves on having everything available to the general public. otherwise tennogen / prime accessories etc etc would also be available by other means in game. so you've basically just contradicted yourself

out of all the suggestions that i keep reading on this topic they just dont change or have any thought put behind them. a better suggestion that ive seen is

bring back excal prime but make excal umbra prime exclusive soully to founders, but again that conflicts with the chinese version which most likely will result in it never happening!

Edited by DiBBz

The issue isn't that Founders want to keep Excal Prime purchase-only. In fact, I'm willing to bet a lot of Founders (though not all of them) wouldn't feel strongly about Excal Prime being re-released in some form or another. The problem is that Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime are all part of a limited offer DE made to those who purchased Founders packs. Because DE promised to these critical players that they would have access to content that nobody else would ever be able to access, and made a major point about it, they cannot ever go back. What you are effectively asking is for DE to renege on a promise they made to those most responsible for launching their game at the riskiest time in its development, which will never happen. This also saddens the 100% completionist in me, but I think that feeling is by far secondary to DE's reputation, and their relationship with their founding playerbase.

Just give us Mk-1 versions of the founders pack items.  Those who have the founders pack don't get mastery for them and those without do.  DE themselves said they regret locking 6000 mastery to a one time for money only pack.  When they made that decision they expected the game's lifespan to be 18 months.

Edit: Just to be clear I mean Mk-1 skana not Mk-1 skana prime.  

Edited by (PS4)Final_Dragon01

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

Just give us Mk-1 versions of the founders pack items.  Those who have the founders pack don't get mastery for them and those without do.  DE themselves said they regret locking 6000 mastery to a one time for money only pack.  When they made that decision they expected the game's lifespan to be 18 months.

Edit: Just to be clear I mean Mk-1 skana not Mk-1 skana prime.  

I think the simpler version would probably to just decouple mastery from those specific items. Depending on the game's longevity, we're likely either going to have enough mastery to eventually reach rank 30 and have some left to spare, or we're just never going to reach rank 30 at all. I don't think it would make sense for DE to ever calculate rank 30 around having exactly every mastery item in the game, or stop making new content at exactly MR30 with the current set, and even if that somehow happens it would still be somewhat fair, considering it would be an extension of the original promise made to the founders.

First off, this is one of the worst ideas i read about reintroducing excal prime, there were much better ones.

Second, its not going to happen, excalibur prime and his exclusives are founder only because they invested quite a good amount of money in a project, which they didnt know if it would succeed or not, so it could have happened, that they had 6 months of their excal and then the game would have crashed.

and 250€ for the grandmaster access is a lot of money, especially if there is no guarantee if you will be able to keep your stuff

2 hours ago, Cradicias said:

it has NOTHING to do with people who already have Excalibur Prime saying they want it exclusive, but because DE has stated right from the start that it would never be released again.

Didn't DE ask the founders if they would support bringing excal prime back, but the founders said no? All this talk of legality and promises ignores that fact. The founders could sign agreements allowing DE to re-release him, but they won't because they don't want him re-released. At least, that's my current understanding. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Arcturus125 said:

thats the point. DE cant make another version of excal without people getting upset.

• if they bring back excal prime, all the founders get upset because they want to have rare items that no one else has
  • if they make umbra worldwide, the asians get upset because they thought it was 'exclusive' to them
  • if they make any other kind of excal like a 'wraith excalibur' then people wont bother because they just want the primes
  • and if they nothing then people get upset because they want a special version of excal prime so they can feel better about themselves

~Sigh~ I am sorry, but have you missed how often DE said that Umbra Excal is coming to the West AT A LATER DATE, followed by ADDITIONAL UMBRA WARFRAMES?

There has neven been a word that Umbra remains exclusive to Warframe Asia, just like Wukong, Just like Nikana Prime and Spira Prime - yes those primes were released on Warframe Asia first.

Anyways back on topic. Making Excal Prime obtainable again through whatever means is not gonna happen. I don't really care about that, and in fact I am happy about it, because I think he doesn't look that much better than Excal and isn't that much of an Upgrade, but that's just my opinion.

Also stating that because Excal Prime is founder-exclusive, people have to do illegal stuff to get it, is NOT A VALID POINT to bring him back!

It has been official for a very long time that the Founders program rewards will not make a return under any circumstances. It is a legal matter that cannot be undone as stated by the programs rules. 

No loop holes, polls, discussions or alternate programs may alter this situation. Your ideas and opinions have merit, but I'm afraid the situation is tied.

If DE makes an official announcement of such things, which is currently a very unlikely situation, then that will be the time to discuss their return. Until then, this thread must be locked.

My apologies for the inconvenience.