Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possibly Dumb and Off-Topic, but Should I Buy Equinox?

(PSN)Chrf8t

Question

Hello. I've recently decided to start playing Warframe and have gotten hooked. I've been looking ahead to other Warframes, and have taken an interest in Equinox. However, the amount of blueprints you must grind for (3 for each form and 1 to combine) and how expensive and time consuming and far off it is (I'm on Phobos right now), I've started to consider just buying her with platinum. Is it worth buying her, or is she just not good enough to do so?

18 answers to this question

Honestly, I wouldn't - I have Equinox, but hardly use her because of how finicky she is.  Uranus may be far off, but once you are properly geared, Tyl Regor's not really a hard fight.  The Manics he summons are tougher than he is - he's just a teleporting melee-machine, easily killed by a Hek to the face, and by the time you fight him, you should be used to dealing with that.

Shame you're on PS4, or I'd offer to help you get to and farm her.

If you find Equinox to be harsh grind, then plat is justified. It also takes about a week to craft considering you have to craft both the Day and Night Aspects like regular Warframe and then combine them to make Equinox. Imho, the ETC Equinox along with the grind to farm her parts is a long and strenuous process.

The only Warframe that comes to mind which has a unique methology to craft is Chroma, and imho he's far easier and takes less time to craft than Equinox. 

Equinox is very hit-or-miss. You either like using her, or you don't. She can get complex sometimes, so if you decide you don't actually like her, then you wasted plat. 

Honestly, I would suggest never buying a Frame from the market unless it's heavily discounted, like during the recent Darvo event. Farming may be a b!tch, but it's always better than spending a copious amount of plat on something you could very well not like using. 

27 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

Honestly, I wouldn't - I have Equinox, but hardly use her because of how finicky she is.  Uranus may be far off, but once you are properly geared, Tyl Regor's not really a hard fight.  The Manics he summons are tougher than he is - he's just a teleporting melee-machine, easily killed by a Hek to the face, and by the time you fight him, you should be used to dealing with that.

Shame you're on PS4, or I'd offer to help you get to and farm her.

I'm not actually on PS4, but my account is because I tried it out on PS4 I think sometime around launch. I have and play Warframe on steam though. Is there any Warframe worth buying with platinum?

Equinox has possibilities.

I personally love melee-striking everyone with Rest and the Augment. You basically kill everyone while they're sleeping. Or just Maim's nuke. That's pretty easy to use, though Energy management is key.

Farming is not that bad, or at least it wasn't for me. Yes, it's one of the more annoying ones but at least you can run the node over and over again without wasting energy, time and resources on crafting a key. But you can always buy her for plat if you want to skip the process.

Just now, (PS4)Chrf8t said:

I'm not actually on PS4, but my account is because I tried it out on PS4 I think sometime around launch. I have and play Warframe on steam though. Is there any Warframe worth buying with platinum?

Normal Warframes?  Vehemently no.  Get them and use them, but either craft them from blueprints or from quests.

Prime Warframes?  Possibly - if you buy the parts from other players and carefully monitor the market to ensure you're not getting blindsided on prices.  Any Warframe can eventually be Primed, and you're gonna feel really lame when you put in a lot of work on a normal frame, only for the Prime to come out.  Chances are lower for quest warframes (currently no quest warframe has ever been primed), and higher for boss drops (with the exception of Vauban, all Primed Warframes either are now or have been either starter warframes or boss drops.  Vauban comes from Alert rewards.)

As someone who really start to love her look and abilities and who started using her consistently, no. Don't spend money, just grind for her. It is a chore but your plat is better save for something you cannot grind for. As to whether she is good or not, I like the versatility to being able to choose between offense and defensive mode. That and I love the look of my warframe kicking &#! with a giant sword while in a white kimono.

Equinox is godlike for infested hives, and in general very useful killer frame. Bear in mind, if you can easily faceroll Tyl Regor boss she's pretty trivial to farm.

If you expect it will take you a long time to get to him and be able to smoke him with zero hiccups, sure, buy equinox. Could save a lot of time. I wouldn't recommend buying her per se, simply because eventually you'll be able to get her trivially easy.

Erhm... It's complicated.

Like, she is one of the frames who are the most worth their price... But that doesn't mean she actually is worth it, and it's mostly due how insanely mandening farming for her can be.

As a frame, however, I have to give you several warnings. She is good. But she is not well designed. If you expect constant changing, taking advantage of each frame's role and adapt to each situation-- the things she was supposed to be able to do-- you will be very disappointed. And I say this with 22% of my 1500 in-game hours spent using her.

Her base strengths are her Day form Ultimate, and her Night form 2; the first being ultra-cheesie at low levels and "balanced" at higher, and the second being cheesie CC all the way. Everything else, without augments, is negligible at best and terrible at worst.

With augments (in particular Peaceful Provocation) her 3 becomes quite useable, but don't expect to change forms more than two or three times per mission (regardless of its duration) because the power actively punishes form changing. Also, nullifiers, cliffs and death will become your worst nightmares.

She also isn't going to have any tweak very soon, because apparently you need to have a doctoral degree to understand her chunkiness' isn't born from difficulty, but from poor design-- and the devs are quite to busy making the game to sit down for long enough time to be qualified to get one.

Also, her alt helmet isn't that good. But that's personal taste.

I would say that it would be ok if she was on sale like ivara was at 55% off other wise no. It took me around 2-3 months to get her but I only played Tyl Regor probably 5 times a week average and had bad rng. Just once you unlock uranus play the boss, and get the gallium while you at it.(still got galluim left over)

Edited by Infamystoops
Grammar