Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

... Sorties and Fissure are easy. What now?

Cyandana

2 hours ago, Cyandana said:

Thank you for taking the time to formulate a reply with some actual weight to it. 

Not sure where you got the idea that I was claiming some great achievement for having amazing gear - I wasn't, I do believe that every Veteran is *guilty* for gearing up in the past using broken systems. But that was what we were given, so we played with what we were given - and now we're bored out of our skulls because there is nothing to do with the items that we obtained with the systems and content we were previously given to play with. 

I was asking " what do I do now? " HOPING that maybe there was something I had missed, because the game seems hollow to me now. You (and many others, it seems) ASSUMED that I came here to either complain, or gloat, or reach out for entitled treatment, or...something else.

No, I was bored - wanted to know if I had missed something, and that's it. I've gotten my answers. Thank you for your opinions on Forma and their flaws, that was actually kind of an interesting read.

Mastering all the different frames is a good one. Three years in and there's still frames I don't exactly feel I'm able to use to their full potential (hi Limbo) or some that I have/had ignored due to not being too fond of them while I was ranking them up ('sup Hydroid) and some that DE changed and I haven't really gotten around to giving another look (hello Mag). I also didn't really play Valkyr until the premium skin came out because I wasn't all that fond of her looks (she's grown on me since though).

You could also start doing the Mastery tests (I notice you stopped at the point where basically all weaponry is unlocked), some of them are actually a pain and might point to parts of the game you didn't master exactly as well as you thought... Of course, that is assuming you don't cheese them as most have some exploitable flaws that make them trivial...

Then you can start doing silly stuff, like I've started working on my "Retro" setup: Excalibur, Braton, Lato & Cronus which I intend to use mostly to help newbies (to show that this gear is not just "beginner gear" and can be made to actually perform reasonably well with some effort), though I'll surely take it into some harder missions and see how that goes.

I mean, killing the hardest stuff you're supposed to be able to kill (which I guess would be Sortie level enemies) is a point you can reach pretty darn fast if you aim for it, after that you can get creative with *how* you kill them.

Of course if none of that is your cup of tea then yeah, there might not be too much left to do for you as things currently stand...

Edited by marelooke

On 18.9.2016 at 11:38 PM, Cyandana said:

T4 void gave me something to do before it was changed.

What do I do now with all of these 6 Forma Weapons and Rank 10 prime mods? No content warrants the power of the gear that I have. 

Fight the real enemy that came with SOTR, boredom. The final "end-game" boss. And it's a real challenge because no amount of forma or gear is gonna help you with that fight^^

I'm in the same boat as you. Each time I'm thinking about playing Warframe, the thought about running more of those boring zero challenge fissure missions immediately makes me lose the will to start up the game.

And here we are the aftermath of talking them into destroying the new fissure system by insisting that it be turned into what it now is now.  So now we complain it's boring and to easy right? "DE it's to much work give it to us without all that messy effort you wrote it As" "DE your game is boring because everything's so easy now that you did what we asked" ...WTF 

Some people really tick me off. You spend countless hours making profiles and complaining in forums demanding these changes, attack people who don't agree, do anything to silence the opinions of people who really want this game to be fun then once they give you what you want you bombard the forums again complaining about how bloody bored you are.... Tough! Be bored! You did it to yourselves. 

Edited by Babellon

basically DE has no clue either

they've created a non-stop power-creep progression-quest monster and they dont know what to do with it afterwards... =/

WF has been in a perpetual state of being un-finished both theoretically as well as functionally for several years now, and i dont see this changing anytime soon unfortunately =/

part of the major reason i have not spent any $ past the original founders pack is that while i do not regret supporting the game in its infancy, i refuse to give DE any more $ until the game is officially out of BETA, and the prime access money-machine has clearly enabled DE to just drag out this 'beta' product for FAR too long =[

bottom-line? DE needs to either completely rebalance WF and undo 3+ years of powercreep and normalize players vs NPCs for challenging content  ; OR conversely, they could enact a new iterative progressive difficultly setting into the game, wherein a specific node gets harder and the enemies go up in lvl every successive time that you run that mission, possibly reseting once a month or maybe only reseting if you take some kind of specific measures ingame 

ie for example : say the iterative succession was planetary-system based, so each individual planetary sub-system was a seperate unit, ie every time u run a mission on saturn, every mission in saturn's system would go up in rank/diff/lvl [say +1 lvl or something], and then it would only go down by 1 lvl per day [or maybe +1 per day faster for every week that you didnt play any missions on saturn]

in this way, the solar system would/could be a dynamically changing system for each tenno with the enemies building their defenses vs specific aggressions 

in groups the the lvls/diff could just average out for 'fairness' [or default to the host], in that running a mission with a tenno who has plagued the infested in eris for weeks on end non-stop could be potentially very hazardous since they might be going up against rank 200-300+ enemies [ie be careful who you group with]

of course this would require better/smarter PUGs settings, such as an 'always host' option for someone to have the ability to control their own mission lvls

things like giving the player the option to 'always host' and control their group encounter lvls, and then possibly unlock the option to 'always average' for the higher MR or more veteran player to be able to always just go for whatever could be out there

and even with all of the above ideas, there still lies the issue of reward, becuz atm the reward in WF is to get more things to rank up, and if you have everything at max rank, then WF provides little to no incentive to do anything else ingame [since obviously to achieve said goal you would have clearly already 'just played' for quite some time]

basically atm max MR ingame is not 'endgame' it is quite literally the end of the game, as in, there is nothing else left to do, since the progression has ended

fashionframe and other semi or repetitive task aside [and of course the only true endgame, discussions on the forums/reddit]

I think the best thing DE could do for warframe is stop listening to the players on all fronts so much and write their game... To many chiefs not enough Indians. This forum explodes with complaints of difficulty and to many enemies,  to much grind,  not enough rewards.... Then they try to appease the masses and that same mass then complains about having nothing to do.  To me the players are the biggest threat to the fun of this game and we all collectively need to get out of the way. DE hasn't failed to write a good game.... To many players have failed to give honest serious feedback on the game... So you're bored now and don't want to log in? Good now maybe the rest of us can finally talk to them about fixing what you talked them into breaking.

7 hours ago, Babellon said:

And here we are the aftermath of talking them into destroying the new fissure system by insisting that it be turned into what it now is now.  So now we complain it's boring and to easy right? "DE it's to much work give it to us without all that messy effort you wrote it As" "DE your game is boring because everything's so easy now that you did what we asked" ...WTF 

Some people really tick me off. You spend countless hours making profiles and complaining in forums demanding these changes, attack people who don't agree, do anything to silence the opinions of people who really want this game to be fun then once they give you what you want you bombard the forums again complaining about how bloody bored you are.... Tough! Be bored! You did it to yourselves. 

Still glad I don't need to run Void Defense for anything any more.

Remember when you used to beat a game and the title was simply "You Win"?

Naw... Now we have to ramp up difficulty for everyone so that if you aren't the No-lifer Try-hard that can beat the game by sleepwalking through it then "You Lose"- or as the cool kids say "Git Gude"- then the cool kids will still complain it's too easy and F*** it up for everyone else.

*sigh* DE Steve already promised more "challenging" content. So rest assured, there will be more ramparts in narrow corridors, stunlock missiles that will track you to hell itself, power nullification, damage mitigation, damage immunity, and staggar mechanics to invalidate even the most meticulously crafted builds. Work won't end when we leave the office in the afternoon and we'll all have to clock in at our lisets and grind so we can grind some more...

I don't get this community anymore.

Edited by (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco

1 hour ago, (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco said:

*sigh* DE Steve already promised more "challenging" content. So rest assured, there will be more ramparts in narrow corridors, stunlock missiles that will track you to hell itself, power nullification, damage mitigation, damage immunity, and staggar mechanics to invalidate even the most meticulously crafted builds.

Followed immediately by the people who asked for it complaining that it invalidates their builds and demanding it be nerfed.

You want a challenge?  Take an MR3 to Mot to get Argon Crystals and make sure they don't die.  Host a nightmare alert with MR4s.  

But seriously, if you're bored then finding new players and helping them out is a good way to stay in the game, show off how awesome you are, and strengthen the player base at the same time.  I disagree with the premise that there's nothing for veterans to do, but if someone can't even noob-sit then I have no sympathy for them.

Edited by Buff00n

52 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

noob-sit

Nekros using only Desecrate and running around with fresh mk-1 weapons is a fun way to help out newer players on lower leveled nodes. You don't destroy everything and you also help them get more loot. They learn and get more. Win/win!

The people above has the right ideas on the situation.

Instead of complaining try doing something else productive or creative and be more open minded? 

As for your complaint about the challenge,  t4 endless is still there. Everything is bound to be easier if your initial aim was to make yourself stronger specially in small amout of time, it applies to every game out there.

Move on to another games if you find your recent game boring, it applies to every thing in life. Dont force yourself and rant on the changes made in the game like it's is the worst thing happened to your life.

Im just glad that im not forced to stay on a mission for hours just to try to get an specific reward and and get nothing worthwhile in the end.

Oh and dont forget about the complaints about some warframes being worthless in the so called "end game" creating a bunch of confusing threads on whether to buff or to nerf those frames.

Edited by CrystalRibbon