Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Mission failure imminent, eliminate all remaining targets" -BUG?

MAIK377

So i was doing a solo crossfire extermination in Plato, Lua. killed all targets, even got 2 sentient drones and the shadow stalker at the same time wich was lovely. Went to try the trial puzzle for mod thingy for the first time.

Then after a while out of nowhere i get a message "Mission failure imminent, eliminate all remaining targets." There were no more targets i already killed all of them, ofc i didnt make it to the finish line in 60 sec cos of the massive map.

So is this a bug or a feature because if it is suppose to be like this, thats just asinine, wasted like 30+ mins, 4x neurodes, ayatan sculpture, few ayatan stars etc. How should i know there is some hidden timer that fails the whole mission for no apparent reason? I wasnt even afking if this is suppose to combat that, was trying to solve the puzzle room AND i was playing solo, so i dont see any reason for this mechanic. 

if you don't Kill an Enemy atleast once every 15 minutes, Missions will auto fail.

is it stupid? yes. does it actually prevent some abusive things it's trying to stop? unlikely - i'm sure it hurts Players not trying to be abusive more than the ones that are.

9 minutes ago, MAIK377 said:

Then after a while out of nowhere i get a message "Mission failure imminent, eliminate all remaining targets."

Just now, taiiat said:

if you don't Kill an Enemy atleast once every 15 minutes, Missions will auto fail.

Huh. I have never seen this message, and never heard of such a timer.

I gotta agree, though, that's pretty stupid.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

is it stupid? yes. does it actually prevent some abusive things it's trying to stop? unlikely - i'm sure it hurts Players not trying to be abusive more than the ones that are.

I really wonder if DE ever removes this failure of a mechanic. It's not like it helps anything but adding unnecessary pressure on players.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

And what would be the abusive thing that this is trying to stop? Players on solo mode afking for 15min? Killing every mob and then going back to search every corner for loot?

Just now, MAIK377 said:

And what would be the abusive thing that this is trying to stop? Players on solo mode afking for 15min? Killing every mob and then going back to search every corner for loot?

it's probably a zombie process killer intended to close connections that ended abnormally.

in other words - how do you tell if there is a client at the other end of the connection?

1 minute ago, Meliq said:

it's probably a zombie process killer intended to close connections that ended abnormally.

in other words - how do you tell if there is a client at the other end of the connection?

But i am jumping and shooting the puzzle buttons etc. Only way to tell that is if you are killing a mob every 15min or not? Seems unreasonable to me.

Just now, MAIK377 said:

But i am jumping and shooting the puzzle buttons etc. Only way to tell that is if you are killing a mob every 15min or not? Seems unreasonable to me.

The game is peer to peer, so in solo mode it is running locally and reporting results.  Is it the best way it could be done? Probably not.. but it works.

18 minutes ago, MAIK377 said:

There were no more targets i already killed all of them

As per U18.5 patchnotes,

Exterminate Missions now require a players to earn a kill every 15 minutes.  A 20 second warning will be given before the end of the 15 minute period, at which point players that have not killed an enemy will automatically fail the Mission.  *Please note: This timer is cancelled when an Exterminate Objective has been completed, allowing players to roam a level for as long as they like!

If you killed them all, this is a bug.

1 minute ago, shadowfire380 said:

Its made to make people kill during an exterminate but the timer is supposed to be disabled after after is dead is yes this is a bug.

Ok that makes sense, a crossfire extermination.... you could just wait for the factions to kill each other. That is a kind of abusing mechanic i guess.

22 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Been playing for years, didnt know that. Learn something new everyday! I could almost swear i've gone afk in one of those focus farm sabotages (The old focus farm) up in a corner for like 45m+ before, but i must be mistaken.

Atleast inform people about this lovely "feature" before they go on a mission and waste 45min plus resources. This game is terrible at giving information to players on even the most basic things, its literally impossible to do anything without wiki.

I really enjoy the game, mostly because of the enjoyable combat system but this game could atleast even try to give some basic info to new players starting the game. 

25 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Been playing for years, didnt know that. Learn something new everyday! I could almost swear i've gone afk in one of those focus farm sabotages (The old focus farm) up in a corner for like 45m+ before, but i must be mistaken.

it's only been around for less than 6 months.
was introduced due to some Exploits (that got fixed anyways) to prevent being able to be as abusive with them.

20 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Yeah, but it's supposed to go away once you've killed all enemies in Exterminate missions

and the User Interface is supposed to always be clear, concise, providing all necessary information, and not breaking.

50 minutes ago, MAIK377 said:

Atleast inform people about this lovely "feature" before they go on a mission and waste 45min plus resources. This game is terrible at giving information to players on even the most basic things, its literally impossible to do anything without wiki.

I really enjoy the game, mostly because of the enjoyable combat system but this game could atleast even try to give some basic info to new players starting the game. 

Yeah the new player experience can be really rough around here. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...