Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno vs. Guardian (who would win)

(PSN)bddacres

Read through the whole posted destiny vs warframe thread.

Pretty much guardians only win when guardians fight tenno that can't fight like tenno.  All arguments for guardians were to 'just shoot them' or 'hide in a bubble'.  Which to say any tenno would laugh at the notion of this.

Tenno are simply too fast to be hit by guardians in the context of a game vs game lineup.  And if it came down to camping in a bubble, tenno have mastered the art of dispatching such enemies.

5 minutes ago, zehne said:

Read through the whole posted destiny vs warframe thread.

Pretty much guardians only win when guardians fight tenno that can't fight like tenno.  All arguments for guardians were to 'just shoot them' or 'hide in a bubble'.  Which to say any tenno would laugh at the notion of this.

Tenno are simply too fast to be hit by guardians in the context of a game vs game lineup.  And if it came down to camping in a bubble, tenno have mastered the art of dispatching such enemies.

Well some of us.... Just look at all the river of tears over Nullifiers there are..

Well, let's look at the facts.

Guardians and Tenno are both essentially unkillable by normal means. However, Guardians can revive each other faster, can Self-Rez fairly easily, and only permanently die in Dark Zones. While Tenno have a limited amount of Revives, they can fight while on the ground, and still have their abilities active when downed (and can Self-Rez too, being able to grapple any enemy and sap away their health, but an enemy needs to be supplied.) 

It seems Guardians can die permanently, however, if their Ghost dies, and their Ghost follows them everywhere. Warframes only die if their Tenno is killed, yet their Tenno is nowhere near the battlefield, at least in a physical form.

Both appear to be immune to mind control and infestation of any kind, yet Warframes need to be connected to the Tenno, otherwise, they can be mind-controlled, albeit by very overly specific means.

The Lotus can talk with all Tenno at once, and can immediately access danger or events even moments before they occur. Ghosts, on the other hand, only speak to their Guardian (no universal chat), and they have to scan enemies or objects that aren't moving to access such info.

There are only three types of Guardians, with nine subclasses, yet there are over thirty Warframes, with many different "builds"and synergies, that Guardians do not have. Their armor and abilities can have slightly different effects as well, but nothing truly game changing, I'd personally say, in comparison to Warframes. 

Guardians are slow, and lack the mobility of Warframes. They don't have much armor or damage reduction abilities, yet the amount they do have doesn't even compare to our Warframes level of tankiness, especially when Warframes can get 75% damage reduction and nearly complete damage mitigation to projectiles.

Guardians do have defensive abilities, yet they can be bypassed by enemy abilities, just like Warframes and their defensive abilities. However, Warframes have defenses and abilities on a far shorter cooldown. However, their abilities are based on Energy, not on Cooldowns. Despite this, Energy can be resupplied far easier than Guardians and their Cooldowns, which mainly rely on Kills to get reduced to a reasonable level.

Guardians have little to no CC, and most of theirs is incredibly predictable and limited to one specific class. Warframes have much better CC and damage (being able to scale infinitely with Mods, Defense Reduction and Damage Multipliers, as well as Auras), while Guardians are truly limited in the damage they can take and dish out.

Guardians are also not immune to CC in any way, while Warframes can be. Guardians also can't reduce the amountof time they get CC'd to the same level of Warframes, which can get up immediately after being knocked down, or grappled.

All in all, I'd say Guardians simply couldn't win due to their limitations, especially since "Dark Zones" are places not touched by the Travelers light, which is every place in Warframe, period. Even on their home turf, they can easily be disabled by abilities like Limbo's Banish or Banshee's Soundquake, or slowed to a crawl by Frost's Snowglobe or even Nova's Molecular Prime. After being killed, the Lotus would immediately recognize the Ghost as a weakpoint, and it would be demolished with extreme prejudice. Warframes simply have too much control, tankiness, mobility and synergy to be stopped. 

Now, in an all out fist-fight, with no abilities or weapons aside from one's fist, I'd still say Warframes would win, as, again, they are much faster and pack more of a punch, especially when you consider the fact that Warframes can rip enemies apart in a seamless motion and have killed immortal enemies before.

13 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Well some of us.... Just look at all the river of tears over Nullifiers there are..

most people know how to deal with nullifiers, they are just annoying to the point of tears to most, since they nullify abilities.

from what I know about guardians (not that much) they cannot survive getting primed, disarmed and shot at. 

It will fall to the qualities and weaknes of each.
They wont fight in a conventional way that is like to metapod using harden

Vulnurabilities
Tenno  operator based so the best way to disable a tenno is to disable the operator. since Landing craft is always on the move it will be hard. however if the landing craft is attacked while the warframe is on a mission he is dead.

Guardians are light based and their weakness is the darkness, also the source of their power is the Traveler that is already on its weakened state and very exposed. There is a joke that why not just nuke the traveller and the guardian problem is done, which is a gaping story plot.

I say an all out attack on the Traveller can give a win for them. but if Guardian started hunting down the operators it will give them the win.

Skills / Abilities
Tenno wins by far on this as they have more classes and more synergy with each other crowd controllers can defeat a lot ( Im looking at you Slova ). Tenno by far are faster and more agile. Supposed to be indestructible if pitted against a Guardian.
Guardian skills are meh.... but as per lore they can be revived infinitely.
So it is a battle of indestructible/unkillable against indestructible.

Technology
Tenno Technology comes from the orokin from the height of their power. Archwings will give them space and underwater superiority
Guardians seems to use scraps from the old technology once lost . but they have tanks!!! hover bike and more vehicles.
However Tenno as being operator based weaponry will go down if Guardians will find a way to severe the link.
Tenno is more high tech but classic is gold on this one.

Looking Cool
Fashion Frame wins in all aspect.

Please not that spacebattles garbage.. ... not here.

This is like... Digimon vs. Pokemon on a different lvl. Outcome is the same:

It makes no sense.

Why would you compare 2 different universes?

Why would you even ask that question on the warframe forums? It's obvious what people here would vote on.

Reminds me of the ....person ...who tried to proove to me that the MLP pony ...creatures could take down a space-marine from WH40k.

My reply.... tl;dr ... Some people..srsly.

Edited by WEREsandrock

2 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

I mean Hunter class has Ult called "Shadow Shot" that can make it target immobile, cancels abiloty and remove all light (or energy in Warframe terms) from the affected target and to top it off it makes the target more vulnerable to damage. If Hunter can land that shot and Titan followed it up with Sunbreakers when active their Ult they become more durable and summon a flamming hammer that does insane damage with good splash damage. Assuming the Titan ain't S#&$ at throwing, it would be a wombo combo would destroy the Tenno in mere seconds. I mean they would be effected by ShadowShot making them weak and defenceless and Sunbreaker would destroy thme completely.

Anyway, OP I think this depends if the Warframe are heavily modded or not, or if the Guardians have their Ult ready and what kinda weapon they have equipped. In Destiny they're are all types Exotics that do insane S#&$. I think we need to add some rules to make it.

2 hours ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

Vulnurabilities
Tenno  operator based so the best way to disable a tenno is to disable the operator. since Landing craft is always on the move it will be hard. however if the landing craft is attacked while the warframe is on a mission he is dead.

That is impossible since Ordis is piloting the landing craft/orbiter, which most times remain in the void which guardians wouldn't be able to enter.

Something i would love to see is a battle between neural sentry controlled enemies, or the taken.

6 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

That is impossible since Ordis is piloting the landing craft/orbiter, which most times remain in the void which guardians wouldn't be able to enter.

Something i would love to see is a battle between neural sentry controlled enemies, or the taken.

Ya I keep seeing people say that. But the Operator stays in the Orbitors which in turn hides within the Void... Which even if they could get there some how they would end up like almost anything else... Lost or nothing left of them.

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Ya I keep seeing people say that. But the Operator stays in the Orbitors which in turn hides within the Void... Which even if they could get there some how they would end up like almost anything else... Lost or nothing left of them.

Exactly. The tenno aren't even an option to target since there is no way to get in there. and even then, the landing craft/orbiter is always stealthed so they'd be wandering forever in the void if they ever managed to get in and survive.

It would depend on the Tenno (30 of them) and the Guardian (9 of them) that are fighting. For example, if Mesa goes up against a Striker Titan, the Mesa shouldn't have too much trouble defeating him. However, if a Stormcaller Warlock or Gunslinger Hunter goes up against pretty much ANY Tenno, then the Tenno would have some serious problems.

Tenno would win hands down, it wouldn't even be a contest. they have better abilities, mastery of Martial arts, and the power of the Void on their side. Guardians are just gloried space marines. I'll even match some of their powers up for you;

Titan's Shield vs Frost's snow globe: titan's shield doesn't allow you to attack out of it and is fixed duration based. Frost's globes allow outward attacks, can freeze and slow enemies within them and are health based.

Hunter's Golden Gun vs. Mesa's Peacemaker: Hunter gets 3 shots, Mesa gets unlimited shots as long as she has energy and has faster reflexes.

Warlock's Nova Bomb vs. every CC in Warframe: we can extend our power range and damage, Warlocks have fixed stats.

give me the name of any Warframe you like, and I'll tell you how they can easily beat 3 chumps in power armour. go on, make my day.

23 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Exactly. The tenno aren't even an option to target since there is no way to get in there. and even then, the landing craft/orbiter is always stealthed so they'd be wandering forever in the void if they ever managed to get in and survive.

I mean the Operators aren't immune to damage either. Limbo therom and Mirage Quest both of their Operators and Warframes had died from damage. Both these Operators took more pain then they can handle. Hell, even our Operator says "that hurts". When taking too much pain.

Edited by Ibro156

8 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

I mean the Operators aren't immune to damage either. Limbo therom and Mirage Quest both of their Operators and Warframes had died from damage. Both these Operators took more pain then they can handle. 

Though we never knew the true nature of warframes yet, we could say that thier operators moved on to another frame or thier the original non controlled frame like Titania was. More speculations.

We can safely assume that the operators location is hidden from everyone for thier own safety so locating them is almost impossible unless you trick them like what Hunhow did, though it was only possible due to his connection to Natah.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

6 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

I mean the Operators aren't immune to damage either. Limbo therom and Mirage Quest both of their Operators and Warframes had died from damage. Both these Operators took more pain then they can handle. Hell, even our Operator says "that hurts". When taking too much pain.

Both were extreme conditions and we have no idea of the safety systems that were put in place afterwards to prevent the loss of an operator.

2 hours ago, WEREsandrock said:

Reminds me of the ....person ...who tried to proove to me that the MLP pony ...creatures could take down a space-marine from WH40k.

My reply.... tl;dr ... Some people..srsly.

If their reasoning was sound, then surely it would be fair to consider that outcome valid. After all, at least three characters in that setting are capable of moving celestial bodies. Which kind of places them above the average SM in terms of power.

As to why we like to discuss this, it's purely for fun. You know, that thing people like to have. A lot of people enjoy the mental stimulation that comes from debating a hypothetical.

Honestly, the argument doesn't hold well. It's comparing two obviously different and inconsistent levels of power. It's like Star Trek vs Mass Effect, 40k vs Star Wars, it just doesn't work. You can debate it all you want but it simply doesn't hold together because they're too different, too immeasurable  and too incomparable.

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Honestly, the argument doesn't hold well. It's comparing two obviously different and inconsistent levels of power. It's like Star Trek vs Mass Effect, 40k vs Star Wars, it just doesn't work. You can debate it all you want but it simply doesn't hold together because they're too different, too immeasurable  and too incomparable.

Well, it's quite easy to debate it. It's just a one-sided battle.