Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Artarrwen's Workshop (Mirage Morgaine on the Workshop)

I'm loving that Atlas helmet. Since it looks much more primal and unrefined compared to his normal helmets, I have a few suggestions for a name based on the origin of Atlas the mythological figure:

• Titan (Atlas was a Titan tasked with holding up the world. Appropriate as the Tartarus helmet Atlas already has is named for the prison of the Titans)
  • Iapetus (father of Atlas)
  • Gaia (mother of Atlas*, commonly associated with the Earth much like Atlas)
  • Durus ("hard, enduring" adjective that potentially contributed to Atlas's name)
  • Telamon (second portion of Atlas's name used to describe him after his punishment, Atlas Telamon means Enduring Atlas)
  • Ladon (Dragon that guarded the golden apples of Hera's garden, which Atlas retrieved on Heracles' behalf)

*Gaia is not considered Iapetus' wife, however. Those come from two different interpretations of Atlas's parentage. Iapetus is paired with Asia, while the author Hyginus states he comes from Aether and Gaia. Neither Asia nor Aether sound like good names for helmets for Atlas.

Edited by BlaineKodos

5 hours ago, Omni_Omega said:

The shoulder spikes are fantastic, especially how they fit so nice into the grooves of his shoulders.

Hopefully it ends up rigged so that they don't flex with the rest of the helmet.

The Tartarus helmet seems to have a fairly rigid collar piece, I even added the small band that connects the bigger pieces on the back to hide the bending of his back "muscles" in-between the rigid pieces to follow the general shape of that collar.

8 hours ago, BlaineKodos said:

I'm loving that Atlas helmet. Since it looks much more primal and unrefined compared to his normal helmets, I have a few suggestions for a name based on the origin of Atlas the mythological figure:

• Titan (Atlas was a Titan tasked with holding up the world. Appropriate as the Tartarus helmet Atlas already has is named for the prison of the Titans)
  • Iapetus (father of Atlas)
  • Gaia (mother of Atlas*, commonly associated with the Earth much like Atlas)
  • Durus ("hard, enduring" adjective that potentially contributed to Atlas's name)
  • Telamon (second portion of Atlas's name used to describe him after his punishment, Atlas Telamon means Enduring Atlas)
  • Ladon (Dragon that guarded the golden apples of Hera's garden, which Atlas retrieved on Heracles' behalf)

*Gaia is not considered Iapetus' wife, however. Those come from two different interpretations of Atlas's parentage. Iapetus is paired with Asia, while the author Hyginus states he comes from Aether and Gaia. Neither Asia nor Aether sound like good names for helmets for Atlas.

Nice, thank you. Durus and Telamon in particular seem fitting. Titan is kind of an obvious one, kind of like calling a Chroma helmet "Dragon"... actually wait, that's a thing isn't it.

Your Inaros helm already seems to be following a Sobek theme. Maybe connect the bottom of the back flaps to the neck and close it off to form a hood? Possibly extend out the helmet's front piece to look more snake like?

Sobek is already taken as a name, but of course, we could always use one of his alternate names such as Suchos, or Sobki.

Oh. And I'd definitely buy that Atlas helm in a heartbeat.

Edited by WingedCrusade
I can never complete a thought in one go. .

1 hour ago, Artarrwen said:

Now to figure out the Inaros one. Might go all the way with the snake head idea, seems like a popular suggestion.

Go full-on cobra with that sh*t, dude.

Edited by Kyotra

36 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

OMG does this really somehow remove his "meat flaps/bacon strips"?

Because I'm not a fan of them and seeing him here without them looks pretty nice!

**Atlas Intensifies**

oh no sorry that's just the model we're provided, it lacks his waist cloth but the helmet itself does not affect that in any way.

edit: removed that particular image to avoid any confusion, once I get a hold of the full model I'll update the screenshots

Edited by Artarrwen