Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need a Saryn Prime Build and Why don't people play Saryn?

(PSN)TertulSee

Question

I just got Saryn Prime and I'm not quite sure on how to build her. I'm not sure if I should focus on Power Strength or Power Duration. I've seen builds with lots of Power Range and either full power or full duration.

Also, Saryn looks very powerful compared to other Warframes yet I see almost none of them in action. Is it because she's not played in public much? Is she supposed to be solo?

well i dont have a build to spare, but the reasonwhy many dont like to play saryn,is simple because she needs more work then others to do damage.

on most warframes xou press one buton and  something powerfull hapens, on saryn you have to combine 2-4 powers to make high damage..

i wish i could remember how mine was built or i would show you. i do believe i went max Range/high Str, and let Dur and Eff suffer some, but i have Zen focus school to make up for the bad Eff. also, Regenerative Molt (Molt augment) is a life saver and gives her a ton more survivability. 

there is a really good build by a guy name Maelstrom. use the search function to try and find the thread.

as for why people don't play her, she just has a bit more mechanics than people are used to/want to deal with.

she is a hell of a Debuff/crowd damage dealer, but that is where she really shines, in a crowd. against a small group of targets, her powers aren't as good. 

Don't let anyone fool you, saryn is crazy good, spreading viral bare minimum across the entire map? yeah, sounds pretty good to me, also can stunlock with miasma and aggro enemies to her molt. The reason why people don't play her is because they can't clear rooms by pressing 4, instead they have to press 2, 1 then 4, and they just cant handle that apparently. Here are 2 of my builds: 

toxic lash:

D242598150D07F4B6A4672487B77B9EFF64AD3C7

Spores:

06F47A62E347FC6B7DB15AC54F9CBCC63E41E82B

Edited by Glitch_Kitten

I think people don't play Saryn as much is because she needs to use all her abilities to unleash her true potentional and that takes time to setup. I see her in organized groups like for beryhinia. But in random pubs she isn't popular.

The reason why people don't play as her much is because she is no longer press 4 to win, but honestly I didn't use her until the work.

I use her mainly to farm focus, but with that bit, I started to like her, the actual need to cast spores, pop them and then do miasma is entertaining.

Sadly I can't open WF Nexus App right now since the conectivity with SA has been poor lately, to show you my build atm.. but if I remember correctly:

Aura: Corrosive Projection

Exilus: Power Drift

Overextend (5); Stretch (5); Cunning Drift (5); Primed Flow (10); Primed Cont (10); Trans Fort (10); Blind Rage (10); Intensify (5).

Since casting spores on your own molt divides the actual energy needed for them is good, and with primed cont you got like 50 sec duration molt

1 minute ago, kubbi said:

I think people don't play Saryn as much is because she needs to use all her abilities to unleash her true potentional and that takes time to setup. I see her in organized groups like for beryhinia. But in random pubs she isn't popular.

sadly the same is with titania, i noticed many players dont like it when i use here and dont stay in flightmode forever.... but the buffs and cc is great....

i like saryn, i like saryn prime, she's one of the first frames i actually put time into forma-ing a full build, but the reason why i dont use her? i like using rhino more, simple as that, doesnt mean i dont like her though, and im pretty sure im not the only one who thinks that way

I dont see any complexity in Saryns kit - get high status weapon with Gas, get a proc on Spored target (Molt doesnt count) - enjoy the numbers flying all over your screen.

Low on hp? Tap 2 and roll out. Capped on energy? Tap 4. Want to go melee for some reason (usually on armoured target)? Tap 3.

Setting up a Miasma combo is as simple as getting a Gas proc on a target infected with Spore, or hitting it with a Lash. Its always set up for me.

Simulor Mirage is killing enemies before you can Spore them (just like with Mag`s bubble)? Spore a Molt and do a slam with melee weapon.

Solo farming/survival until reasonble levels:

Spoiler

xXzqG6C.jpg

Whenever I feel like using Lash:

Spoiler

arodk8h.jpg

Full on Spore, Corpus sorties/Hieracon:

Spoiler

ekgv7ux.jpg

Main reason people dont play saryn is because she needs too much set up, since warframe is fast paced game, I am not saying her abilities are bad, its just that she is only very useful against very high level enemies and with changes to void there is no real reason to go for long runs. At lower levels I can kill all enemies with other frames before saryn finishes setting up, for example once while playing with saryn I didnt realize it was setting up its abilities so I killed EVERYTHING  in the area before saryn finished, then I realized what saryn was doing and felt awkward about the fact that I ruined all his effort...

My build is sort of a placeholder but i think it works well.

3 forma build

Energy Syphon +14

Power Drift -9

Primed Flow -7

Transient Fortitude -7

Blind Rage -8

Intensify -6

Overextended -11

Stretch -9

Redirection -7

Vitality -12

I use Vitality and Redirection on all my builds (Valkyr and Inaros are an exception) so if you want you can swap those with anything you want.

Ppl don't play saryn cuz she doesnt have instant room clearers, very minimal CC, and her survivability is relatively meh, molt aggro wont save u if enemies come from multiple directions, and while she can be built to take quite a few hits, doing so completely nerfs all her abilities to S#&$.

However, she is actually the best (and popular) frame for stationary killing type gameplay, like defense and xp farms.

Edited by Kutsus

Saryn is amazing for Interception or Defense missions, but not so much on the rest since there a lot of frames that can clear rooms much faster than her, and because usually enemies are spread way more than they are in the mission types mentioned above. 

Also, the fact that you have to suffer through the Arena and then farm Kela De Thaym for her parts makes people even more reluctant to even think about building her. 

Edited by aligatorno

I love Saryn, she's so fun to use and her abilities synergize so well. She's so underestimated even though she probably has one of the highest damage potentials as a warframe. One thing you might want to also consider when using Saryn is her weapon setup. It's one thing to mod her right but you also have to use weapons that can compliment her abilities as well.

Saryn build

Spoiler

8nTVYre.jpg

I like using a Vaykor Hek just for the heals, since her survivability is a bit low, and as well just for good dmg. I don't use Torrid because I need something to kill High Level targets with ease. 

I use Pox for the status and build that for corrosive and blast since blast is a good cc with Pox's clouds, and corrosive for armored targets. This is a good replacement for Torrid build since primaries are mostly stronger than secondaries most of the time which makes Pox more for utility. And also Pox does a TON of damage. (using Pistol Ammo Mutation cuz too lazy to forma :p)

Spoiler

6NvJSuv.jpg

I use a Telos Boltace because it pops every spore within it's range making it perfect for Saryn. I have it built for 70% Gas status since with it's slide AOE it procs status pretty much all the time. I also use Growing Power as an Aura because with my setup it's a free 25% power str. (Also don't have Maiming Strike so I'm using Spoiled Strike + Primed fury)

Spoiler

o62KPtn.jpg

I also use Zenurik focus for energy which is why I don't run Energy Siphon. 

One thing I would say is if you decide to use Regen Molt, use it more as an emergency heal and just spam the crap out of it in higher level missions. Simply because it's not a good decoy since it dies really quick. It's better to use it as a quick heal and a way to break away from a heated battle. 

The only missions I don't use her is probably high level Mobile Def, or Def. Simply because I PUG a lot and I rather bring a Frost just in case no one else brings one. However if I'm in a group with friends I'll generally pick Saryn if I can.

Edited by ZeroGenmu
Posted build pics

33 minutes ago, Culaio said:

Main reason people dont play saryn is because she needs too much set up, since warframe is fast paced game, I am not saying her abilities are bad, its just that she is only very useful against very high level enemies and with changes to void there is no real reason to go for long runs. At lower levels I can kill all enemies with other frames before saryn finishes setting up, for example once while playing with saryn I didnt realize it was setting up its abilities so I killed EVERYTHING  in the area before saryn finished, then I realized what saryn was doing and felt awkward about the fact that I ruined all his effort...

I laughed so hard, what efford? You press 1 on a Mob, you shoot the mob with something Gas-Y and the whole Map,Room,Whatever is dead.

Sure you can go the lame way too, like Setting up Molt, putting Spores on that and either shoot that or turn on Leash and Melee it.

By the Time you set THAT up everyone killed the Enemies 9612983623 Times over and is already at extraction ...

I think the Reason why People dont Play her is because the Game is 1: Too Easy 2: Has No More Need for Enduraceruns 3: There is nothing to do anyways except logging in and melting Sorties maybe.4: HER #*!!" SKIRT IS STILL BROKEN!!11

Loadouts:

Saryn 1: tank_melee_roflcopter47snm.png

Rage to get Energy back, Spores for Viral 24/7 and Lash to get Energy back from using Lifestrike 24/7and Default Loadout because Lazy

Saryn 2: buff_roflcopter4ms5x.png

Elemental Buffer for whatever Reason.

-> Can Replace Rage with Intensify for both Builds for even more Burstdamage

Damage Stacking with Ignis:

spreaderevsh9.png

Energy Problems? Pah, use either Zenurik or still the Almighty God:

gammacoruwsyl.png

Or Need to kill a lot of Level 300s? If there are 5000 Enemies in 1 Place better use Ignis because it stacks better.

-> There is Strength in ENEMY Numbers

ultra_high_level9rse5.png

It has to Procc Gas, if only 1 Pellet Proccs Slash the Level wasnt high enough

Pretty much the conclusion is a variation of one form of build which revolves around 1 and 2 mostly

as seen in my build

https://gyazo.com/2e99aa17e7a3770e6636481951f3cf89

Just cause you can't use 4 to win doesn't mean she doesn't do great. In most enemy intensive maps like interception survival and defense she comes out on top in damage and kills outdoing people living by the ash / mirage meta.

Don't be fooled by the people who think the problem is "oh people have to press 3 buttons to do something powerful"
It's because "People have to pay the price of pressing three buttons to do something big."

Saryn is very energy-hungry if you want to do something powerful, while most other frames are very energy efficient when they want to do something big.

12 minutes ago, VocalMagic said:

Saryn is very energy-hungry...

Zenurik.

Once the passive is up and running, you won't typically have energy issues. Of course, you'll want a very large energy pool to make use of all that recovery, especially if you're inclined to spam miasma for some reason.

The reason people don't play Saryn (in pubs) is because very often someone else will have blown everything up by the time you've started to do anything. By the time this "someone else" can no longer do that and your Saryn starts to shine they wimp off to extraction.

Then there's the petty people that feel the need to hunt down spored units just to keep you from DOTting the entire map.

1 hour ago, marelooke said:

The reason people don't play Saryn (in pubs) is because very often someone else will have blown everything up by the time you've started to do anything. By the time this "someone else" can no longer do that and your Saryn starts to shine they wimp off to extraction.

Then there's the petty people that feel the need to hunt down spored units just to keep you from DOTting the entire map.

well I wouldnt say wimp off since currently there is absolutely no reason to do long endurence runs, if at least chance of rare loot increased with time then maybe then people would have reason to stay longer.

I dont go out of my way to kill spored units but I frequently kill all of them by accident.