Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #81 Overview.

[DE]Taylor

Are you ready for the most asset-filled Devstream ever?

For Devstream 81, we made reveals into a Non-Copyrighted Sporting Event. If you want to see everything that was showcased live, you can watch it over on our Youtube channel. As always, for those looking for the GIF-filled, TL;DW version, I’ve got you covered.

https://warframe.com/news/devstream-81-overview

Forcing the VW change down players' collective throat, just to change Carrier/Carrier P usage from Almost Everybody (78%) to Well Over Half (63%) seems like an awful lotta work for very little return.  It almost HINT seems like HINTHINT players want to HINT choose the Sentinel they want to play HIIIIINT!, rather than play with them all, the direction DE is forcefully pushing them. 

I don't mind the new ways to play, but I also didn't see any problem with it the way it was.  And I don't like being told how I have to play the game.

45 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

Forcing the VW change down players' collective throat, just to change Carrier/Carrier P usage from Almost Everybody (78%) to Well Over Half (63%) seems like an awful lotta work for very little return.  It almost HINT seems like HINTHINT players want to HINT choose the Sentinel they want to play HIIIIINT!, rather than play with them all, the direction DE is forcefully pushing them. 

I don't mind the new ways to play, but I also didn't see any problem with it the way it was.  And I don't like being told how I have to play the game.

I think I can guess why the sentinel choices are the way they are

Before: Grabbing all that loot for less stress when farming resources

After: Carrier Prime has the highest EHP of all sentinels and is packing a mod that almost powercreeps on the ammo mutation mods if they didn't stack

i really dont like this bladestorm rework, the problem with it is with the attack, not the targeting, before, you just target a random enemy, and watch, the rework only change how you target the enemy, yet you still watch the animation in the end, the interaction should be with the attack and not the targeting, cause in the end, it still feels the same

9 minutes ago, Varacal said:

i really dont like this bladestorm rework, the problem with it is with the attack, not the targeting, before, you just target a random enemy, and watch, the rework only change how you target the enemy, yet you still watch the animation in the end, the interaction should be with the attack and not the targeting, cause in the end, it still feels the same

Honestly, a lot of people that have complained about the radiation sortie will disagree and say that the targeting was more of a problem, then the attack itself. What I mean is that both the targeting and the attack are a problem. With the rework they are adressing one of them, opening up the way to adress the other, besides, in a way you can determine yourself how long the attack animation lasts, kinda like with an automatic rifle, you can choose to go full auto, or to deliver just short bursts.

Holding 4 for blade storm is really a bad idea... :(

I prefer this:

You press 4 and enter "scan" mode to mark enemy, drain energy with each target marked.

When you press 4 again, blade storm starts.

As for "You can attack each target only once."
Pro: This no longer prevents other players from damaging the targets during the blade storm consecutive animations.
Con: The max attack time of a target is reduced from 17 times to 1, greatly reduces the effectiveness on tanky enemies, and it's harder to build melee combo.

-

Also please consider tweak some of Ash's utility skills.

1.Currently, Ash's Shuriken fails to hit target often, even with clean LoS.

2.Fatal teleport bug:
 -If the targeted enemy is moving fast enough (such as a running Charger), the finisher will fail.
 -Some melee classes may fail to trigger Finishers on the target. This is currently present with the Nikana series.
 -Teleporting while sliding will fail to trigger a finisher on the target.

3. Maybe make Smoke Screen can be cast while moving? It's so short anyway.

Then Ash is no longer an always "4" frame.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Currently, smoke screen + telos boltace outperforms blade storm already.

It can be used by Loki or Excalibur as well.

Even without the stealth multiplier, everyone has free blade storm from telos boltace already if you can mod it properly.

Edited by aerosoul1337

On 2016-10-07 at 6:27 PM, SPARTANXG117 said:

So, what's this "Mission Customizer" I see in the overview? Sounds quite interesting... Anyone care to explain what that is, or does anyone have a timestamp of where it is in the devstream?

Sorry about the delay, but it's turkey weekend over here for us. Here's the customizer in action. :)

On 10/7/2016 at 6:27 PM, SPARTANXG117 said:

So, what's this "Mission Customizer" I see in the overview? Sounds quite interesting... Anyone care to explain what that is, or does anyone have a timestamp of where it is in the devstream?

It's basically using the Simulacrum UI to create a mission of any mission type. You can select the enemies, VIPs, and friendlies. You can also customize the enemies' levels and the tileset of the mission.

Warframe is a speed-ninja game and holding down the '4' button being in the midst of hordes and to target/scan them hinders the play style of an assassin or if rushed then B.S wont work as expected as it wont be able to target that many enemies that quickly. Yeah B.S does steal the co-op function as it locks down the enemies for the others and in some cases becomes the reason of mission failure as well. Sortie is a more rush section warframe offers where you need to kill as quick as possible otherwise you are doomed and in this case after the rework, if you take much time targeting then time-life status is in question or if just cover a few enemies to save time then energy-mission status is question. This is why I think something different is in need to develop for Ash's Bladestorm. My mind says,

1. Keeping the B.S as usual removing the invulnerability of the enemies so that others can hit/kill. (Being locked down with an Ancient is really annoying)

1.1. If you don't wanna remove enemy invulnerability (I wonder why not?) then limit the B.S count per enemy to 5 hits only or even both including invulnerability removal if possible. (kill it or leave it)

1.2. A cool down timer of a few seconds and/or a charge up meter which needs to be maxed-up by killing enemies with melee weapon to use B.S again, just like focus recharge meter. (No spamming confirmed)

2. Keeping the sortie radiation hazard in mind, can it be done like automatically B.S won't target enemies those are already actively engaged by a tenno or under hazard (radiation, fire, thunder etc.)

3. Setting the minimum casting energy cost to 75 w/o efficiency mods having any effect to reduce the cost any lower than that. No additional energy cost function is needed here as cool down time & recharging both will discourage players from spamming and spoiling the game.

4. During B.S active Ash won't engage with his clones & will be vulnerable to hit/damage as his movement will be like Nyx-Assimilate and with that slower movement speed (re-considerable) he wont be able to use any weapons accept for his powers (synergy). In this case I suggest-

4.1 Smoke screen will save him from enemy hits for a little duration based on a percentage of the actual smoke screen duration which is effected by duration mods. (No energy cost please as now he is totally invincible but this change will allow players to save themselves for short period of time during B.S, so no energy cost please)

4.2 Shuriken will target more enemies extending the B.S effect (Energy cost has to be lowered a bit to make it balanced)

4.3 Fatal teleport will make ash to engage an enemy to use the B.S by himself. (Energy cost must be lowered)

Overall it shouldn't be something which eats up all the energy and must be a balanced setup which ensure synergy and allow players to remain mobile but of-course using a combo function during B.S.

14 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

-snipped video-

Sorry about the delay, but it's turkey weekend over here for us. Here's the customizer in action. :)

14 hours ago, ZenshadowOfZramx said:

It's basically using the Simulacrum UI to create a mission of any mission type. You can select the enemies, VIPs, and friendlies. You can also customize the enemies' levels and the tileset of the mission.

That looks so cool. And yes, it looks like balancing will definitely be needed. I can see myself (and just about every clan) farming Tempo Royale, Astral Twilight, etc. with this...

Just please don't nerf this into a mission version of the Simulacrum (i.e. we don't keep what we collect) before we even get to use this...

1 hour ago, SPARTANXG117 said:

That looks so cool. And yes, it looks like balancing will definitely be needed. I can see myself (and just about every clan) farming Tempo Royale, Astral Twilight, etc. with this...

Just please don't nerf this into a mission version of the Simulacrum (i.e. we don't keep what we collect) before we even get to use this...

How can DE allow us to keep what we find?  Either they include drops we all are grinding for, and nobody ever plays a 'regular' mission again -OR- DE doesn't include drops players want, in which case....why play this mode? 

I'm sure there will be some players/clans that use this as some kind of 'Championship mode" (which actually sounds like a great idea IMHO). But for the vast majority of players, I'm guessing there would be limited interest in playing user-generated levels just for the screen-shot opportunities (or for moar Rubedo or Nano Spores or Polymer Bundles -*SHUDDER!!*)

I know the situation most likely won't end up quite as simply as I describe.  But I think drops are core concern that must be addressed in some way in order to make this mode viable.

3 hours ago, FierceRadiance said:

How can DE allow us to keep what we find?  Either they include drops we all are grinding for, and nobody ever plays a 'regular' mission again -OR- DE doesn't include drops players want, in which case....why play this mode? 

I'm sure there will be some players/clans that use this as some kind of 'Championship mode" (which actually sounds like a great idea IMHO). But for the vast majority of players, I'm guessing there would be limited interest in playing user-generated levels just for the screen-shot opportunities (or for moar Rubedo or Nano Spores or Polymer Bundles -*SHUDDER!!*)

I know the situation most likely won't end up quite as simply as I describe.  But I think drops are core concern that must be addressed in some way in order to make this mode viable.

Yeah, I certainly wasn't asking for drop rates like what we have now with standard missions, but at least let there be SOME reward for this other than screenshots and intra-clan competition or bragging rights...

On 10/7/2016 at 5:57 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Are you ready for the most asset-filled Devstream ever?

For Devstream 81, we made reveals into a Non-Copyrighted Sporting Event. If you want to see everything that was showcased live, you can watch it over on our Youtube channel. As always, for those looking for the GIF-filled, TL;DW version, I’ve got you covered.

https://warframe.com/news/devstream-81-overview

But your overview said nothing about the cloth physic changes coming to frost that @AM-Bunny had stated in their overview. By far its the most exciting thing I'm looking forward to.

Edited by Rhundis