Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you say if DE put... Arcanes in Sorties?

_Rue_

Before you freak out, please read on.

I'm thinking that the more common Arcanes should be "cycled" as one of those one per season sortie rewards (like the lenses...) because of the following:

1. Remove them from TRIAL (new edit) drop tables so TRIAL players can get a chance at the rare reward they want
  2. it serves as an "intro to Arcanes" for newer players and entice them to get better ones from sorties

I bet there are tons of other ways this can be done, and i think as a community we can flesh it out?

Or this might just be an ill-conceived spur-of-the-moment kind of thing.

What do you think?

Also consider this:

On 10/10/2016 at 8:55 PM, DawnThade said:

Good Idea but lets first convince DE to put nezha in the dojo tenno lab and move lenses to be rare drops on the moon. Then we'll have enough empty space to add arcanes to sorties without any further dilution of the reward table.

EDIT 10/19/16:

A lot of people have provided ascent toward the idea and some even provided added insight as mentioned by dawn above. Here are some key points before you comment:

1) Raids are too tedious, spammy, and needy. Specific frames are required to use CC to control whole maps. On top of the skill and weapon/damage thresholds there are also frame requirements. All these contribute to a very pregame experience that already deters players. The mind numbing tedium of the raid play itself, repetitive and too puzzle-y, too far removed from the action hack n' slash people love Warframe then further adds to the attrition. Only ones left are (mostly) the ones who need certain arcanes or the ones who make arcanes their main source of income. The others who do not care about the arcanes are left to devise their own "excitements" thriving on self proclaimed and highly-localized "best time" achievements.

2) Players have to resort to external means to get raid teams, one of which is the "Raid School Bus." Some people laud the raids for creating interest and communities outside of the game, and others lament the fact that a raid requires external crutches to function correctly. Others point to clans and alliances solely for raids.(I think that not everyone joins a clan or alliance for such utilitarian reasons.)

3) The sorties are okay, but lack incentive aside from the endo that certain individuals enjoy. Lenses, and Nezha, among others are groan-inducing rewards that people wish to remove and place elsewhere to make the sortie rewards more enticing.

4) Sortie arcanes are hoped to be either common/uncommon arcanes or a whole new set of arcanes that will hopefully NOT dilute reward tables further.

5) Arcanes were pointed out as items that have little to no impact on the usual Warframe gameplay. People propose a redo/rework to make these more relevant. (the arcane revive comes to mind especially after the revive rework).

Thanks for all the support. I sincerely hope that this makes this game better. For now I have bought a "new" 3DS to play Pokemon while I wait for things to... improve.

Edited by _Rue_
Sortie into TRIAL

1 minute ago, _Rue_ said:

Before you freak out, please read on.

I'm thinking that the more common Arcanes should be "cycled" as one of those one per season sortie rewards (like the lenses...) because of the following:

1. Remove them from sortie drop tables so sortie players can get a chance at the rare reward they want
  2. it serves as an "intro to Arcanes" for newer players and entice them to get better ones from sorties

I bet there are tons of other ways this can be done, and i think as a community we can flesh it out?

Or this might just be an ill-conceived spur-of-the-moment kind of thing.

What do you think?

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

I agree.  For many people (like me) it's very hard to get 8 players for laws

Too true for me.

1 minute ago, DawnThade said:

Good Idea but lets first convince DE to put nezha in the dojo tenno lab and move lenses to be rare drops on the moon. Then we'll have enough empty space to add arcanes to sorties without any further dilution of the reward table.

Those are amazing ideas. lemme put it up there...

1 minute ago, RugerMK1 said:

Uh, probably one of the better ideas I've seen in these forums.  Raids would need some kind of replacement reward though, or they'll never be done.

Uhm i would like to clarify that the rare (or nice Arcanes will continue to be in TRIALS) and the common ones will be available in sorties.

Yes. Finding party for raid is more painful than lv100 boss fights, especially for people that want to learn how to do them (like me) , so newbies have literaly less chances to get any arcane, than vets to get full set of arcane grace in a row.

8 minutes ago, Olav152 said:

Yes. Finding party for raid is more painful than lv100 boss fights, especially for people that want to learn how to do them (like me) , so newbies have literaly less chances to get any arcane, than vets to get full set of arcane grace in a row.

I've played this game almost 860 hours and I can't even find a team for Trails. It's terrible... It would awesome to have a more achievable method of getting the common arcanes.