Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lootsystem is still about LUCK.

Dreez76

I just spoke to someone who told me that even a maxed out relic only offers a 10% chance to drop a rare item for a player, which means a basic relic % is non-existant.  So a player with "bad luck" can spend buckets of radiant relics and still never get his item, simply because lady luck seems fit to screw with said player and deny him a reward for all the EFFORT.   This is why i stopped playing Warframe a few months back, because LUCK was taking a crap on my efforts.  I spent 2 weeks farming daily for Frost Prime when he was unvaulted, i never saw ONE BP or part drop in those 2 weeks.  But a friend of mine farmed less and picked up 5 complete sets..

So now when i got back into Warframe after the change to the lootsystem, i picked up a few more frames and weapons, but lately trying to get some parts.... ACCESS DENIED.   I must've ran 15-20 radgroups for Nekros Prime System, and never seen it,  that's 60-80 Radiant relics and NONE of them scored a drop..  exactly how is that rewarding effort ?.

Just because your unlucky doesn't mean you have to hate the system in general.

DE try their best to make grinding less anoying but then the odd unlucky person (not hating on you btw) has to cry about it.

I would understand if it was about you wanted the system to change because of ect and ect but because your moaning that your unlucky makes you just a bit of a cry baby 

Didn't mean to offend just trying to get my point across

Edited by (PS4)kamil_demon

2 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

there is one factor you are forgetting. trading. you can still sell all of those parts and use the plat to buy what you are looking for, all that work you are putting into is is not in vain.

^this 

if you have spent "buckets of raidiants" trying to get [insert sought after item] only to not get it, then you have buckets of baubles that you can sell to others. yea, its still a grind to sell, 5p here, 20p there, but that bucket o' baubles can easily be a bucket o'plat.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

^this 

if you have spent "buckets of raidiants" trying to get [insert sought after item] only to not get it, then you have buckets of baubles that you can sell to others. yea, its still a grind to sell, 5p here, 20p there, but that bucket o' baubles can easily be a bucket o'plat.

Or a bucket o'Ducats

First I have a question: Are you sure you ran 15-20 full radiant groups, as in all 4 people, and all with the right relic? Because if you did I do have to feel sorry for your bad luck as 15 full radiant groups has a 99% chance of getting the rare item from a relic.
But then again a 99% chance of getting the item isn't a guarantee, and 1% of the player base could still be a decent number.

But honestly the chances of getting loot is much better than it was in the past.

And as others have said already you can trade the parts you got for plat to buy what you're missing.

Overall chances of getting good loot has improved quite a bit.  And the number of runs needed to get to 99% chance at an item are quite a bit lower.
IIRC in the old system you needed closer to 120 runs to get a 99% chance at any rare item in a key before, which considering that was 20 minutes each time and there were 3-5 rare items per key....now those can be super fast exterminate or capture runs and having a much higher chance with much fewer runs.

All in all, while it sucks that you're having bad luck that's not really a solid complaint against the system.  Most of the people I talk to have been saying how easy it is to get the new stuff and how they have had to do less grinding than ever before, and while it does suck that you're having bad luck that isn't enough to damn an entire system that is working for the majority of players better than the old system.

I don't think it ever stopped being about luck lol. But the current system is working a billion times better than the old system. Ha, I remember when their solution was to add T4 keys into the mix back when it was Void missions instead of Relics like we have now.

the current fissure system almost guarantees a prime of your choice. I run solo and get any prime I want, faster than any thing we ever did with keys and void runs. yes, statistically it is possible to get an unlucky run. Its how ever unlikely. in any given 5 runs I can get the part I want. every run with a 4 man team offers a 1in4 possibility of getting the part. 

They need to revamp this system entirely. Put the relics, traces, and fissures in the void. Reduce the drop rates of the relics and extend the missions, increase the player interaction on fissures by reinstating the need to actually look for and activate the fissure, pick up the reactant and carry it to the fissure multiple times. That number of times should be additive based on the number of players. as in you need 5 reactants per player. 

they never should of made them passive mission variables and certainly should not have made them auto completion loot grabs they turned into in my opinion. They made it so easy its almost rediculous now, and we're still finding ways to complain about it being hard and time consuming. NOw we're even coming up with hypothetical math to demonstrate how it might be a problem, maybe, if we're just unlucky. 

1 player intact 2% vs 5.75% from the old system. bad

1 player radiant 10% vs 5.75%. Better

4 players intact 7.5~% vs 5.75%. not too shabby

4 players radiant 34~% vs 5.75%... damn

Dont know what it is in your case. but this is still way better then the key system.

17 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

1 player intact 2% vs 5.75% from the old system. bad

1 player radiant 10% vs 5.75%. Better

4 players intact 7.5~% vs 5.75%. not too shabby

4 players radiant 34~% vs 5.75%... damn

Dont know what it is in your case. but this is still way better then the key system.

One thing to note about these numbers:
That 5.25% chance was shared by all of the rare rewards given from that key, and most keys (especially endless keys) had multiple "rare" items in that single 5.25% chance slot (add onto that that some of what was "rare" on one key was uncommon on another...).
If a key had 3 items in the "rare" slot getting the specific rare you were after was a 1.75% chance.
With relics its a 2% chance at intact to get the one rare item you are farming.

So while it is true that at intact you have a lower chance of getting rare you still have a better chance at getting the specific rare you want.
All depends on how you look at it.

So... with the Relic that actually drop this Prime part being vaulted, and the droprate being based on a crappy RNG, how exactly am a player suppose to continuing ranking up the syndicate without having to pay 60-80p ?.  I got 2 Relics left... and with the current unlucky streak i've had, i would need 30+ relics to see the Vectis Stock.

FACT :  Syndicate statusupgrade should NOT require a vaulted item or items from vaulted Relics.

7 minutes ago, Dreez76 said:

FACT :  Syndicate statusupgrade should NOT require a vaulted item or items from vaulted Relics.

FACT: when something that a syndicate needs gets vaulted, the adjust the syndicate requirements to something that is not vaulted.

PS. vectis prime is not vaulted if that is the part you're looking for

24 minutes ago, Dreez76 said:

So... with the Relic that actually drop this Prime part being vaulted, and the droprate being based on a crappy RNG, how exactly am a player suppose to continuing ranking up the syndicate without having to pay 60-80p ?.  I got 2 Relics left... and with the current unlucky streak i've had, i would need 30+ relics to see the Vectis Stock.

The Vectis Stock drops from Axi V3 relics which aren't vaulted.
There are a large number of missions which can get you the Axi V3 relics.  A good place to get it is Orokin Derelict Survival as it has a chance to drop at 20 minutes.
Belenus the defense map in the void can drop it on waves 15 and 20 IIRC.
Hieracon on Pluto has a chance to drop it every 4th excavator as well.

Also: Whenever a prime piece is vaulted they change the syndicates that require that piece to one of the new ones coming out.

I feel your pain, OP. I have had a similar grueling time with Warframe as I have in many other games because of the discriminatory rng that those who it doesn't haunt constantly could not possibly understand.

Since the emergence of relics i have attained about 85% common and 15% uncommon drops from a total of about 50+ RADIANT relics (no, not a single rare part). the chances may be better but to the people who struggle with rng it might as well still just be a vegas slot machine with three rather than four slots that you still have to match. I can see why those with tremendous favor with rn(jesus) would regard the increased percentage drop as a phenomenally grand and preposterous increase in chances; but for those that struggle to grind, collect, sell/trade and finally purchase because we have little to no other choice the struggle continues.

I am not bashing on those of you that justify the relic system which I agree is far superior. you are all very fortunate but please try to understand.

my biggest problem is with rng; it is not a worthwhile system at all and i resent it's inception when i am forced to experience it in a game i love.

...this is a post i made regarding rng and a possible solution/alternative. i sound a bity winey and i apologize. there are several unhelpful comments but they at least allow me to explain further.

btw, OP. i understand and i am in support :)

Edited by (PS4)DelapsusNosfera

I have the worst luck and RNG hates me with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

I don't complain though.

It gives me something to look forward to if/when I do get those drops. On the other side of that it also gives me a lot of spares to trade in for ducats. 

I got all the parts for nekros tigris and galatine in 21 hours after release (I slept, just saying the time since release). All i did was grind hieracon and ended up getting an abundance of G1 Keys. When I got 2 galatine BPs, i traded one for the galatine handle (Technically i lost plat but it was for a set). Next I farmed tigris and traded for 2 parts with some plat. For nekros i farmed 3/4 parts and bought the BP for 75p. Trading is something that doesn't make this EFFORT useless. Trading is the reason I haven't quit ... yet.

14 hours ago, (PS4)kamil_demon said:

DE try their best to make grinding less anoying

That's the exact opposite of what DE does though. Please list me three examples where they've made the grind less annoying where the reduction wasn't "Buy it with plat". Because that's the name of the game. Make the grinding as frustrating and tedious as possible so people will pay real money. Hence why Vauban's initial release took some people almost a year to get him complete and DE had originally planned for more alert frames but the overwhelmingly negative reaction dissuaded them from trying it again.