Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I grabbed a MR 0 person from region

Kyronz

1 minute ago, polarity said:

They might have made it LoS only (like a lot of other abilities), so less pulling targets behind cover, and I guess that would include each other.  I took her to a Sortie 3 survival against grineer, and she turned the whole mission into a joke with magnetize and a gas lanka.

reen los for awhile now....and bubble of doom is nice...unless we are playing a horde shooter...guess what?

Give man fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and he may eat for a lifetime.

Rushing to end game isn't exactly the wisest thing thing to do. Remember that the journey to the endgame is part of the fun, and carrying new players means that you'll be denying them of that. Teach them how to acquire relics and they can simply pub and choose which prime rewards to take.

Of course, if you really believe that you're actually helping the new players out of the kindness of your heart, help them reach MR 2 then trade them your void relics. You know they're trade-able, right? If you don't have enough relics to give away, have the lowbies farm relics with you. You can't really give a homeless man any money if you yourself are broke.

1 hour ago, Kyronz said:

My efforts are DOA.....i cannot help anyone get gear unless the have a silly relic..keys allowed grouping...relics discourage it and a the same time punish the hell out of solo players. the system is braindead unless the next update delivers a hell of a lot more then what is promised.

Technically people should be learning and earning basic gear before worrying about primes. It encourages bad behaviour and a draco-mindset. 

I know I wouldn't be too happy assisting new players to get the best gear for them to eventually drop off the radar and claim they're bored.

1 hour ago, Kyronz said:

My efforts are DOA.....i cannot help anyone get gear unless the have a silly relic..keys allowed grouping...relics discourage it and a the same time punish the hell out of solo players. the system is braindead unless the next update delivers a hell of a lot more then what is promised.

Do you remember the keysharing and all the complain threads about it on the forums, even if it wasn't DE's fault because they never introduced or advertised keysharing?

All complaints were on the same topic:

- Some players recrut other players for keysharing

- Players show their keys for verification

- Players leave after first, second or third run without using their keys

- The player who left did it again with the next group and the group after and the group after

Relic system (everyone needs a relic to get a reward) was DE's answer to that behavior (even if they didn't have to do something against it. Like i already said it wasn't their fault). Now players can't leech keys and the complains about keysharing leechers on the forums stopped.

Edited by The-Tective

21 minutes ago, The-Tective said:

Now players can't leech keys and the complains about keysharing leechers on the forums stopped.

Now they just complain about people who join radiant groups without a radiant relic.  Really the answer to that is the same as for people who show up with no relic:  Not being able to pick a loot item rewarded by anyone else's relic, if it's refined to a higher level than the one you've contributed to the group.

3 minutes ago, polarity said:

Now they just complain about people who join radiant groups without a radiant relic.  Really the answer to that is the same as for people who show up with no relic:  Not being able to pick a loot item rewarded by anyone else's relic, if it's refined to a higher level than the one you've contributed to the group.

So far the only complain threads i saw on the forums were "Why we can't see the relics of other people?". But they changed it.

5 hours ago, Kyronz said:

Completely false.

I'm a solo player and I get a hell of a lot of relics.

Some of us much prefer this system. I hated the old endless farming for prime parts. It completely sucked out the fun and when it came down to it I was only playing those missions for the parts and not because I was enjoying it. Those endless farms are what caused me to leave for well over a year. It's only because a friend told me about the new relic system I came back. If the old endless farms start up again.i'll be off again, I just don't find that to be enjoyable. 

I feel like MR0's would be far better served by playing with them through parts of the star chart explaining how modding, relic and prime part acquisition works, and regular warframe acquisition works. Explain syndicates and how to farm rep to acquire mods and weapons to sell and relic packs to farm their own prime parts. 

Explain the damage system, how mod order works. How companions work. Explain how the different game modes work and how to play them. 

Giving low level players prime weapons doesn't help them become better players in the long run, and gives the incorrect impression that the weapons are more important than the mods on them. 

If you really want to give them powerful tools, you can still take them to the void and high level missions to get them the important mods that are required to make your weapons more powerful.

Don't give them the fish, teach them to fish. 

1 hour ago, Gelkor said:

I feel like MR0's would be far better served by playing with them through parts of the star chart explaining how modding, relic and prime part acquisition works, and regular warframe acquisition works. Explain syndicates and how to farm rep to acquire mods and weapons to sell and relic packs to farm their own prime parts. 

Explain the damage system, how mod order works. How companions work. Explain how the different game modes work and how to play them. 

Giving low level players prime weapons doesn't help them become better players in the long run, and gives the incorrect impression that the weapons are more important than the mods on them. 

If you really want to give them powerful tools, you can still take them to the void and high level missions to get them the important mods that are required to make your weapons more powerful.

Don't give them the fish, teach them to fish. 

Not necessarily. They still have to learn how to mod, giving them a shiny prime weapon won't change that. Giving lower players prime weapons doesn't hurt anything, nor does it automatically mean they will never learn anything. I have given countless players some prime stuff of mine, they enjoyed the frack out of it. They still tried out new things. I don't see any reason to deny them fun and enjoyment for such a silly reason.

5 minutes ago, Eminem2420 said:

Not necessarily. They still have to learn how to mod, giving them a shiny prime weapon won't change that. Giving lower players prime weapons doesn't hurt anything, nor does it automatically mean they will never learn anything. I have given countless players some prime stuff of mine, they enjoyed the frack out of it. They still tried out new things. I don't see any reason to deny them fun and enjoyment for such a silly reason.

What I'm saying is, given the choice between giving an MR 0 a Soma Prime, or giving them Serration and explaining how it works, I'll take the latter. 

And given the choice between carrying them to prime parts, or spending that time showing them how to parkour, mod, play, navigate, etc, I'll take the latter as well.

Edited by Gelkor

5 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Umm, they do play their game. [DE]Badhorse AkA Glen streams fairly often and I've even played with him before.

The previous system was broken as hell and why Draco babies were such an issue. They were taxied and carried the whole way and never learned the game becoming an annoyance when they were out of their groups.

I remember repeatedly wondering why these MR21 players were so bad when I was MR6, I was doing more damage, more kills, less damage taken and I wasn't playing Mag. Then I heard about Draco.... Suddenly it made so much sense.

lol draco babies , maybe you would like to satrt again and lvl up all those totally useless weapons ( not to mention frames) and the bane of fun poopwing weapons and poopwings themselves . and while i agree draco was overused , massively its still served a function , in fact all i see these days is DE increasing the grind 

3 minutes ago, BAD9eR said:

lol draco babies , maybe you would like to satrt again and lvl up all those totally useless weapons ( not to mention frames) and the bane of fun poopwing weapons and poopwings themselves . and while i agree draco was overused , massively its still served a function , in fact all i see these days is DE increasing the grind 

I never touched Draco till MR15, and I already have a completely Free to play account I started after SotR.

So no it doesn't bother me to level the frames and weapons, I have kept all my weapons on my main accounts so it's not that odd.

42 minutes ago, BAD9eR said:

Before Draco was changed, the only time I had been there was to unlock it (before it became a hot spot) and various alerts, I didn't have an issue ranking up 3 new weapons in one gaming session then, and I still don't.  The only purpose Draco served was to rank up obscenly fast and many new players bypassed the majority of the game to do so, mainly because some bored vets told them it was the only way to advance in this game.

As to the topic; MR0's don't need to farm Prime parts.  If they want a set bad enough, they just have to wait 2 days and rank up all of the credit weapons from the market place, then they can trade for them or buy PA.