Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AHK Scripts

Th3-0n3

Question

Can AHK Scripts get us banned? I got banned 2 years ago for I think using like an AFK macro for TROVE which I accidently left it open. And today I left an autoclicker open as well, I'm afraid I get banned again and it wont be removed because it happened once before .-.

14 answers to this question

I believe you wont get banned for using macros/hotkeys specifically as DE understand that some people may need them for legitimate reasons such as to counter disabilities etc.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if use of a macro may mean that they'll take a closer look at your play habits to see if you are using as an aid or to cheat.  I guess it comes down to what you did while this auto-clicker was acidentally running.

You will never be banned for using macros or scripts to automate certain moves during gameplay, the ban comes when there is ABSENSE of gameplay and the scrit does everything for you.

Afk and then letting world of fire on is a banable offense, let alone scripts that will make you do certain action while you are clearly away from the game.

It's a tool to aid you, but if it replaces your gameplay then 1 of 2 things will happen:

•  The game will detect afk gameplay and you will be autobanned
  •  The game is unable to consider you afk but a player does, resulting in a report if the player actually cares

So yes, do respond in chat, run around, grab pickups, kill, revive and do the objective while you use a script, if you do this then you can use and abuse macros all day long.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 2:48 PM, KIREEK said:

You will never be banned for using macros or scripts to automate certain moves during gameplay, the ban comes when there is ABSENSE of gameplay and the scrit does everything for you.

Afk and then letting world of fire on is a banable offense, let alone scripts that will make you do certain action while you are clearly away from the game.

It's a tool to aid you, but if it replaces your gameplay then 1 of 2 things will happen:

•  The game will detect afk gameplay and you will be autobanned
  •  The game is unable to consider you afk but a player does, resulting in a report if the player actually cares

So yes, do respond in chat, run around, grab pickups, kill, revive and do the objective while you use a script, if you do this then you can use and abuse macros all day long.

@[DE]Rebecca Is this true?