Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips on Narrow Minded?

Zalchon

Question

So...

A little while ago i did a good bunch of Orokin Derelict missions to get my hands on those sweet Vault mods. But now i am facing a dilemma:

I have over time saved enough credits and endo to max out my Narrow Minded but now i am unsure if the drawback of lesser range and increased mod capacity is too much to max out. I have plans to use it on my Vauban Prime to get that sweet CC build i am making so i'll soon be ready to enter some real end-game stuff. But should i just rank it to 7-8 and take complete control on my drawback or max it out for maximum duration?

Any feedback will be appriceated.

19 answers to this question

General consensus is to have multiple versions of corrupted mods. One maxed, and the other at a lower level for more flexible modding.

If you've only got the one I wouldn't rank it all the way, just for the added flexibility. Some frames may want that range.

4 minutes ago, BenzinNinJa said:

I've had the best result by min/maxing things. Half'n'half never really seems to pay out properly.

Precisely this. 

Never personally understood mentality of not min/maxing frames and weapons to full potential. 

On the subject, on Vauban Narrow Minded is only useful for a Vortex build against Infested, max range Bastille is the general build to go and Narrow Minded's range loss makes the mod useless. 

Edited by NPC

you dont wanna use a corrupted mod where you need both the effects on your build, for vauban range is critical just as much as duration,

duration can be solved with energy efficiency and flow (p flow) where you can keep your max range and with the energy eff you can get a longer duration.

dont use a corrupted mod if you need both range and duration on your build, if you can sacrifice range for duration like on Nova or limbo that will be the best way to use them.

19 minutes ago, NPC said:

Precisely this. 

Never personally understood mentality of not min/maxing frames and weapons to full potential. 

Because chosing between Vortex and Bastille is tough. Or Invis and RD.
Min/maxing takes away part of a frames potential (or identity, depending on how you look at it).

It's sort of a "jack of all trades and master of none" kinda deal.

Max it out. I`m running 75% efficiency, 94% range Vauban for Hieracon - doubled augmented Bastille at right chokepoints is the only way to reliably stop Mutalist Osprey Carriers. Altho my build sucks at one particular large open tile, as I have to keep up 4-5 Bastille duos for a complete lockdown, it is pretty fun.

Personally I only use that mod on Nova and Loki exclusively (maxed). Duration is a pretty easily sacrificed stat, even on duration dependent frames typically just below 100% isn't bad. Range is just too useful.

Edited by Shexy-Lexi

2 hours ago, BenzinNinJa said:

Because chosing between Vortex and Bastille is tough. Or Invis and RD.
Min/maxing takes away part of a frames potential (or identity, depending on how you look at it).

It's sort of a "jack of all trades and master of none" kinda deal.

No, it isn't hard to choose.

Depending on mission there's almost always (not counting some rly weird specific builds for a very specific situation) 1 build that's the best.

max it. There are only a couple of unique builds in the game that need a rank 8 or lower narrow minded. The rest need a maxed one. Max it now and use it and be good to it (:P)

and then latter, you can grab yourself another one and rank it to rank 8. That will cost much less in terms of endo and credits.

I keep two Narrow Mindeds around: a 10/10 and a 5/10.  The 5/10 I use for a few niche builds; most of the time I'm only using NM when duration is the most important stat.

I don't recommend NM with Vauban; he depends on range too much.  At best you could choke off small hallways or doorways, but you'll still spend most of your time running between them and refreshing your CC.

If you really want have something last for a few minutes then get the Perpetual Votex augment.

Edited by Buff00n

18 hours ago, BenzinNinJa said:

Whatever range RD has is useless anyway.

Not at all, it's just 2 separate builds.  A max range/duration irradiating disarm build is perfect for high level defense, where duration/efficiency is perfect for speedrun stealth play.