Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have a Despair and Opticor buff?

Lead_Codpiece

On 10/27/2016 at 10:54 AM, Momaw said:

If I were god-emperor, what I would do for the Opticor is:

• 15 round magazine
  • Press and release primary shot fires immediately, with fire rate 2.0, for damage of 200 and no splash or punchthrough.
  • Hold secondary shot to begin charging the weapon
  • First stage charge does same thing as primary
  • Second stage charge uses 2 rounds of ammo, doing 450 damage with 0.5m punchthrough and 3 meters of AOE.
  • Third stage charge uses 3 rounds of ammo, doing 1000 damage with 1 meter punchthrough and 5 meters of AOE.
  • Does not fire until trigger released, no auto-discharge

Perfect idea(s) here!

Honestly, this would make the Opticor a fantastic and very flexible weapon.

Only wish DE would start thinking outside the box like you and implement designs like this. 

Problem with opticor is while damage looks massive, it really isn't. A shotgun, sniper, or bow will deal more damage, maybe not raw damage, but damage with scaling crits and status. It's a massive laser with less damage than the tigris prime, which even has duplex fire that still reloads faster than the octicor shoots. A lanka far outclasses it in every fashion, and feels very similar. Yes it has the aoe effect, which is fun for about 5 minutes, because shotgun spread and punch through does basically that, and then you got the tonkor and spamulor. My final verdict is that it definitely needs a buff. It should be the highest single shot damage in game. On a side note, if you guys have ever played bf4, then imagine this being like a rail gun. And if you play Destiny, imagine this compared to the sleeper stimulant. That's what the opticor should be like.

On October 27, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Extroah said:

I agree in a Despair Buff. I don't own the Weapon yet, but it's Stalkers Weapon, he's supposed to be a real threat to the Tenno, so it would only make sense if it was at least near the Spira Prime, somewhat like the Dead and Paris Prime.

Have you ever fought the stalker? Because I laughed at the "real threat" part.

On 10/27/2016 at 5:31 PM, Imaru said:

I feel that the Opticor is in a good place for now. It does a massive amount of damage and the price of that damage is a low fire rate. Not sure what the issue with it is.

As for the Despair, I haven't used them in a long time (since I ranked them up) so I can't speak for them. 

Massive? Where? I must have missed it.

A sniper that has no charge time and much higher fire rate does way more damage per shot. Opticor is quite the demanding weapon to build, not to mention it has a very unique "personality", so it's a shame it isn't worth using, other than "for lulz". I would say it definitely needs a buff.

1 minute ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Massive? Where? I must have missed it.

A sniper that has no charge time and much higher fire rate does way more damage per shot. Opticor is quite the demanding weapon to build, not to mention it has a very unique "personality", so it's a shame it isn't worth using, other than "for lulz". I would say it definitely needs a buff.

My sub-optimal Opticor build can do close to 200 thousand damage per shot according to in game calculations (yeah yeah call me a nerd), so I'd call that massive, and it has 1000 base physical damage unmodded, plus its AoE of magnetic damage, which if I'm not mistaken gives it some of the highest base damage numbers in the game. The build requirements are definitely significant, but not so much that it'll bankrupt anyone who builds it. 

I agree, it isn't the ideal weapon given the nature of the game, but I wouldn't call it weak enough to necessitate a buff. 

Just now, Imaru said:

My sub-optimal Opticor build can do close to 200 thousand damage per shot according to in game calculations (yeah yeah call me a nerd), so I'd call that massive, and it has 1000 base physical damage unmodded, plus its AoE of magnetic damage, which if I'm not mistaken gives it some of the highest base damage numbers in the game. The build requirements are definitely significant, but not so much that it'll bankrupt anyone who builds it. 

I agree, it isn't the ideal weapon given the nature of the game, but I wouldn't call it weak enough to necessitate a buff. 

And I am sure that 200k damage is actually a very infrequent critical hit headshot. 1 in 3 shots is a critical hit, and the shots are very slow to fire. The actual average damage per shot is what Warframe Builder says, that is ~40k damage.

...while snipers fire way faster with almost no delay between shots and with their unique damage mechanics can score 200k for every headshot they hit.

Should I compare it to Lanka, since they are similar? There is no point, just looking at the stats you can see that Lanka is clearly way stronger, even if we do not include it's awesome sniper buffs.

On 10/29/2016 at 2:37 PM, Chipputer said:

This would be a neat idea.

The only issue is it'd need either a crit or status buff to support that, going back to the whole, "pitiful supporting stats."

Yeah, I feel that the Despairs should have a different personality away from being a direct upgrade to the Kunais, just like how the Mara Detron is like to the regular Detron. A shift to Slash Damage would be a first for throwing weapons, but changing its stats to crit/status could be the deal breaker here. I'd be fine with a buff for either stat or a generalized buff to both, but the fire rate and reload speed should stay the same.

If there is a significant buff to the Despairs that could change its current demographic as a secondary, a boost to its MR rating would be fine to me. Afaik, Hate is MR2, Dread is MR0, and Despair is currently MR0. These could get a look at, as well as the MR rating for a lot of weapons at our arsenal.