Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The REAL Problem With Ash

their_teammate

From my interpretation of the devstreams 80-82 DE sees the problem with ash to be that his blade storm is not interactive and boring, although as an ash main the problem with ash is that when he tries to kill an enemy with too health (e.g. LV100 ancient) he repeatedly attacks it and stays in blade storm while either the cyropod is destroyed or a teammate dies. This is the main problem that DE must fix, these are a few of the fixes I thought of:

1. Ash can cancel blade storm at any time

2. Ash stuns any enemies marked by blade storm until ash exits blade storm

3. Ash only blade storms enemies that could be killed in 2 blade storms or less

4. Ash performs blade storm animation 2x faster

5. Ash, when blade storming, will confuse and taunt any enemies marked by blade storms

30 minutes ago, dragonfuryattack said:

snip

that's not a flaw or something that needs changing, imo that's one if not the only draw-back of BS. you need to know when to use it instead of just spamming 4. and with the new change, you can, since now you can choose which enemy you want to take out 

PS: avoid the freaking ancients ;D

I want to see him with an actual "blade storm" as in a storm of blades. Imagine if his #4 summoned a tornado around him similar to Inaros but with daggers in it. While in Blade Storm you can move around causing slash damage to enemies it hits. Have it be an energy drain ability so you can cancel at any time. When Blade Storm is canceled he fires the daggers outwards in a radius around him, knocking enemies down and causing slash procs.

I just got a bad experience , I joined a random squad in a mission , someone was using ash prime , he just kept using 4th all time . That was not a problem for me , but suddenly he said to all of us , he told us I can't believe my eyes , u guys just die don't get up anymore , u are out of my way , and he told me don't use disarm ! I was very upset about it

Honestly only problem i've seen with ash's four is that you couldn't damage an enemy midstab in his animations, that's literally it.  If we're just gonna go off his damage values then it just becomes meta-nerfing and that's the game design equivalent of spiraling the drain.

1 hour ago, Irorone said:

Honestly only problem i've seen with ash's four is that you couldn't damage an enemy midstab in his animations, that's literally it.  If we're just gonna go off his damage values then it just becomes meta-nerfing and that's the game design equivalent of spiraling the drain.

Truth has been spoken. As a main ash apache helicopter press 4 to win, I struggle with ancients and I would like my teammates to help while just looking at me. 

I still don't understand why people are getting sore of Ash's blade storm? Just because they got killed by it during radiation proc by some brainless ash users? Then it is the ash user that is at fault. Anyone can be killed by friendly fire etc frost's avalanche etc during radiation proc.

The press 4 to win... this is over 90% a PVE game... ain't it good if your teammate can kill off enemies faster etc... unless sore about ash players having the highest kills score?

The take-too-long-to-kill-ancient thing... true that should be looked into.

The new mark-enemies-to-blade-storm-at new thing... I think the enemies will be long dead killed by teammates in public session by the time ash finished marking the enemies lol

I noticed DE most probably likes to please players maybe because this is a F2P game and mostly they earn from plats. if true then it is easy to exploit, just create a 'problem', use the 'problem' on other players or promote it so that many people also dislike it... then pitch it to DE to have they change it.

Just now, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

I just got a bad experience , I joined a random squad in a mission , someone was using ash prime , he just kept using 4th all time . That was not a problem for me , but suddenly he said to all of us , he told us I can't believe my eyes , u guys just die don't get up anymore , u are out of my way , and he told me don't use disarm ! I was very upset about it

Ya... most of the time it is the user's fault that made people hate Ash, it is never Ash's fault to starts with. 

Well, there are many f*cked up players out there. It is sad you have met one.

4 hours ago, dragonfuryattack said:

From my interpretation of the devstreams 80-82 DE sees the problem with ash to be that his blade storm is not interactive and boring, although as an ash main the problem with ash is that when he tries to kill an enemy with too health (e.g. LV100 ancient) he repeatedly attacks it and stays in blade storm while either the cyropod is destroyed or a teammate dies. This is the main problem that DE must fix, these are a few of the fixes I thought of:

1. Ash can cancel blade storm at any time

2. Ash stuns any enemies marked by blade storm until ash exits blade storm

3. Ash only blade storms enemies that could be killed in 2 blade storms or less

4. Ash performs blade storm animation 2x faster

5. Ash, when blade storming, will confuse and taunt any enemies marked by blade storms

The updates to BS should neatly address what you perceive to be an issue regarding ancients as you'll be able to skip them (I rarely see this issue myself tbh).

I doubt that most of  the suggestions you made will be met due to the nature of BladeStorm itself though.

Regardless of anecdotal accounts and content provider's opinions, Bladestorm was never supposed to be efficient dps via spamming compared to aoe dps frames.

If they get the BladeStorm update right; it will still be effective dps with limitations that keep it from being a pain-point for other players while making it engaging for the user and keeping it loyal to its' original theme. 

On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 4:17 PM, kyori said:

Ya... most of the time it is the user's fault that made people hate Ash, it is never Ash's fault to starts with. 

Well, there are many f*cked up players out there. It is sad you have met one.

Honestly I love ash so much first time when I played . It has a good looking but I just used it for long , because of the 4th ability , I don't use it anymore . But I can't believe one day I met a guy used ash , he insalt all to others , what if everyone use ash 4th then , it's will be what? Everyone just keep pressing a button , see who is faster to kill

The most ridiculous thing about Ash is that he was made as press 4 to win frame in the first place and has remained that way for a long time. So DE had no problem releasing him like that and keeping him like that for so long, but then decided to nerf him anyway? LOL talk about a DElayed reaction.

3 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

The most ridiculous thing about Ash is that he was made as press 4 to win frame in the first place and has remained that way for a long time. So DE had no problem releasing him like that and keeping him like that for so long, but then decided to nerf him anyway? LOL talk about a DElayed reaction.

Making an online game through years is not a straight line you know. You make decisions, then anothers, then realize its a mistake, eventualy. You know, life.

Edited by Stonehenge

Just now, Stonehenge said:

Making an online game through years is not a straight line you know. You make decisions, then anothers, then realize its a mistake, eventualy. You know, life.

Lmao you need to be blind to release something so broken by mistake. It was surely intentional and probably more about selling Ash Prime access than anything else.

15 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Lmao you need to be blind to release something so broken by mistake. It was surely intentional and probably more about selling Ash Prime access than anything else.

I never said it has been created and released broken by mistake. Something relevant at start can be obsolete later. But maybe you need to imagine what really means to developp and build a game during 3 years before saying "Ash is broken because of marketing." you know. A few minutes will show you this is far more complicated than that.

Edited by Stonehenge

I never said it has been created and released by mistake. But maybe you need to imagine what really means to developp and build a game during 3 years before saying "Ash is broken because of marketing." you know. A few minutes will show you this is far more complicated than that.

I've played a ton of games in the past 20 years and I've seen similar situations (usually in F2P games) which are easily explained by marketing reasons or simple negligence, in this case I'd say marketing plus a pinch of the latter XD

7 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I've played a ton of games in the past 20 years and I've seen similar situations (usually in F2P games) which are easily explained by marketing reasons or simple negligence, in this case I'd say marketing plus a pinch of the latter XD

Yeah, ok dude. You right, the world is that simple and clear.

I mean, of course : They release Ash, break it on purpose, and finally , 18 months later when Ash Prime comes, they say "yeaah, our marketing masterplan is ready ! Making Ash broken was so a good idea." And finally in late 2016, they said " we got enough money, time to rework it."

Yeah, sure, makes perfect sense. :thumbup:

Edited by Stonehenge

Yeah, ok dude. You right, the world is that simple and clear.

I mean, of course : They release Ash, break it on purpose, and finally , 18 months later when Ash Prime comes, they say "yeaah, our marketing masterplan is ready ! Making Ash broken was so a good idea." And finally in late 2016, they said " we got enough money, time to rework it."

Yeah, sure, makes perfect sense. :thumbup:

I h8 to break it to you m8, but that's normal for F2P games. They will always give us something overpowered to grind for and spend plat on. Ash has clearly run his course to that end, so now he's getting the fix he deserves.