The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Nightmare mods

Colaii

Question

9 answers to this question

Priority wise: Drifting Contact > Chilling Reload > Streamlined Form

Drifting Contact is great for making status melees work harder.

Chilling Reload's ok for shotguns that need more reload speed but at the same time not lose as much damage as putting a single reload mod.

Streamlined Form is useless.

welp, imo they can be good

the shotgun one (reload speed and cold dmg) is pretty good for shotguns that have a long reload, you can combine it with seeking fire for even less reload like sobek for example 

the exilus warframe mod is...well an exilus. holster speed has always been an issue for some people, and there's only an aura mod to increase it, now there's a mod, yay~ 

the melee one is oddly considered good. I mean yes it can be on some weapons, but not all weapons need status, and it's only 40% which isn't much. personally I'd rather use body count and weeping wounds for a status melee still. since 2 sec can make a huge difference. yes I know you can combine them but melee modding (like any other) is already tight as is 

so all in all. yes they're good and worth it 

4 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

the melee one is oddly considered good. I mean yes it can be on some weapons, but not all weapons need status, and it's only 40% which isn't much. personally I'd rather use body count and weeping wounds for a status melee still. since 2 sec can make a huge difference. yes I know you can combine them but melee modding (like any other) is already tight as is 

It currently works on exalted weapons making it the only way to increase the combo counter for Exalted Blade, Hysteria and Primal Fury which in turn gives you more options when modding the standard melee weapons they carry.

I am the kind of guy who likes to stack as much maglev mods as possible on a single warframe. This is pretty much what I did on my Nyx. I'm having fun. :p

Anyway, Streamlined form could be efficient if you have a few optional mod slots : faster switch speed can help your versatility.

The two other mods are nice : no need to argue about them, they're just obviously good in my opinion. They don't add fun mechanics but they work.

1 hour ago, Colaii said:

Are they any good? Was thinking of getting them but dunno if it´ll be worth it to farm them. They seem pretty cool but seeming and actually being are two different things.

Any mod usefullness depends on the player itself.

You already have a grasp on the modding system right, what it can do? So just grab your weapons and warframes and see for yourself if they have anything that might improve your gameplay (yes, your gameplay, not someone elses)

Drifting Contact - A straight upgrade to Body Count for status melees or even for most melees in general because it cost 4 less mod points but only loses 2 seconds.

Chilling Reload - Good for shotguns like the Sobek and Tigris with mediocre reload speeds, better than Tactical Pump reload speed wise, gives a boost to damage with the cold bonus

Streamlined Form - Band aid mod for a problem that should be fixed on it's own, great or awful depending on playstyle.