Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is Rhino this days?

BloodPunch

Question

3 hours ago, BloodPunch said:

Meh If you use shadow of the dead augment that's fine but you are not going to keep that ult all the time and you ll need to stay a lot with your minions

Recasting brings them all to you, and 40m is quite a ways. I've gone whole rooms and still been connected.

6 hours ago, BloodPunch said:

Armor conversion???? What's that?

Did you mean health or energy conversion?

srry yeah, health conversion. You'll have to look around for build videos and stuff. But nekros tank build is hard to pull of correctly :P

7 hours ago, BloodPunch said:

Just want to see your opinions about my good old Rhino-boy ;-)

He is fine, got some fever earlier, but then he took some medicine.

He still has his same job and he is planning on going for a vacation soon during the holidays season.

Recently, he got a baby boy, he named it Rhino Jr. :XD

7 hours ago, BloodPunch said:

What about augment? Do they make him stronger( iron clad charge)?

There are some very cool synergies between Rhino's augments. Ironclad Charge can give him massive armor boosts. It's brief, but it affects Iron Skin if you cast while the buff is still active.

Iron Shrapnel seems meh at a glance, but consider those moments where the buff wears off and try to recast that bombard facesplodes you. The augment lets you choose when the buff expires, and gives you some CC to safely recast. It can also dish out some pretty serious damage if you buffed it with Ironclad Charge. You can also capitalize on the elbow room by using Ironclad Charge to buff your next recast.

Piercing Roar applies a puncture proc to all affected enemies, but a single puncture proc only cuts enemy damage by 30%. Not enough to make the difference between life and death for your allies. It will extend the lifespan of your Iron Skin, though.

Hope that info is useful to you.

15 hours ago, BloodPunch said:

What about augment? Do they make him stronger( iron clad charge)?

Rhino4life! ^_^

I use him a lot too!! He is my favorite frame!! He is just....definition of bad-&#!!!!

But for some reason I don't see him often.... Any idea why?

BTW glad to see there are people that like him like me :-)

Honestly didn't tryed the augment mods.

I Use him full tank. Vitality , Redirection , Steel Fiber , Vigor i even use armored agility for speed With rush. 

I used to run a Rhino / Rhino Prime for pretty much everything back in the day, and it was a very solid 'frame.

But since I've had properly built Chaos Nyx and Invis Loki, I've barely used him.

Who needs to be tanky when all the enemies are busy shooting each other, or can't see you?

max range build for LOR

and 349 str build for formaing weak weapons & leveling them not in bere

sortie 3 assassination sometimes, pretty much all that i use him, apart from regular play different frames times. As many said u happy to have him, solid frame.

Dude is great right now. I use this build to tank and buff myself in really high level stuff and works like a charm:

Aura: Rejuvination

Exilus: Power drift

Vitality, Steel FIber, Primed Flow, Narrow-minded, Blind Rage, Iron-Clad Charge, Iron-Shrapnel. Streamline.

Even without buff you have a nice chunk of IS health, so it's sufficient at low-mid levels.

In High levels you use Roar and then Charge on a preferably large group of enemies and then use Iron skin. The roar buffs the armor gain from IC augment, and even with 3-4 enemies hit you get a lot of armor. If you hit 5-6 enemies or more you get massive armor. The charge combo counter also buffs the amount of armor you get, but I use it right after 1 cast.

You keep up roar to boost your damage, and refresh Iron skin when it drops to 30% health. Remember if an enemy is wrecking your Iron Skin, you should blow him away with the IS augment before recasting.

Keeping mobile will further lower the damage you take.

If you need to Stomp in a pinch, you will keep them in the air for a looong time.

If you're having energy issues just swipe out streamline for fleeting expertise and you'll be fine.  

Edited by Evanescent

23 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

He's a great buffer, but he's not a great tank. Well, he's not even a tank compared to Ice Chroma and Inaros. 

He's great for killing high level enemies and bosses due to his damage buff, but he can't take a lot of concentrated fire in high levels, because iron skin is basically just a fancy overshield. His CC is honestly meh, doesn't do a lot of damage and doesn't stun enemies for long enough. 

Might I suggest you look into builds using Ironclad Charge for great armor buffs (and therefore very large Iron Skin) and Iron Shrapnel for easy recast. The standard is 20-30k Iron Skin at once, and even more is possible. With this build, I can guarantee it's an incredible tank, especially since it's immune to any procs and CC.