The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waframe Twitter, The War Within Hype Site Day 5 - Opposing Forces: [Megathread]

Eldnacpeek

5 hours ago, Venom-Snake said:

A theory we have going around is that they are clonning each other in turns. So theres always an older and a younger queen, still twins but one is older and the other is younger.

Identical twins are naturally occurring clones, so clone one twin and the copy would be a clone of both.

The staggering makes sense though. Old one can teach the new one and the transitions to next generations would be smoother. 

18 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Identical twins are naturally occurring clones, so clone one twin and the copy would be a clone of both.

The staggering makes sense though. Old one can teach the new one and the transitions to next generations would be smoother. 

As a twin myself I feel compelled to provide some input. Twins aren't exactly clones, as a clone is normally formed by putting the genetic material from a living organism into an unfertilized egg, causing the egg to develop as an identical organism to the first. 

Meanwhile, a pair of twins can be formed in 2 ways. Fraternal twins are when the mother's body releases 2 eggs rather than the normal one and they are both fertilized. Identical twins are formed when a single egg is released as normal but the zygote splits in two, creating two identical organisms.

1 minute ago, Imaru said:

Identical twins are formed when a single egg is released as normal but the zygote splits in two, creating two identical organisms

I know, and this is a clone. A natural clone. Most basic definition of clones is a set of organisms with the same genes, doesn't matter how. There are many types of natural clones, and identical twins are one of them. 

2 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

I know, and this is a clone. A natural clone. Most basic definition of clones is a set of organisms with the same genes, doesn't matter how. There are many types of natural clones, and identical twins are one of them. 

Um, no. Clone is defined as "an organism or cell, or group of organisms or cells, produced asexually from one ancestor or stock, to which they are genetically identical."

Ancestor or stock requiring that it is older, so the zygote splitting can't produce a clone as the resulting organisms have existed for the same amount of time. 

13 hours ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

"That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." is actually the 153rd aphorism from Nietzsche's, well, "Beyond good and evil".

On the one hand, good book. Really need to figure out where my copy went...

On the other hand...Sincerely hope it's not 'just there to sound cool/look smart'.

1 minute ago, GorgontheMorgon said:

I mean like an active forum page where people are hyping it up. I mean its in two days right so people have to be hype

This thread is what you're looking for then. It's not as lively as usual due to lingering salt i would say.

Also, the update will come anywhere from now to the end of the week. DE didn't confirm a set date.