The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

yesterday was a good day

(PSN)deadbeef001

Been thinking of quitting for some time now. Player base seemed to be on the decline, chat always empty, relays basically ghost towns. 90% of missions ran solo. Getting tired of running the same old missions........

Yesterday was surprisingly different - squad up with a lot of new guys and had lots of fun. A lot of activity at the relays and Maroo's bazaar.

Seems that a whole new vibe is going.

Had tons of fun ......, and then my internet connection broke. Of course.

2 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

A lot of people will be back for TWW, but for how long?

Unitl it gets stale again, then you wait for the next update.

Most games dont hold my attention for more than 20 hours, and i consider that fine. Theres no real need to quit warframe, just take extended breaks like i do, come back for new big updates.

27 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Most games dont hold my attention for more than 20 hours, and i consider that fine. Theres no real need to quit warframe, just take extended breaks like i do, come back for new big updates.

So true.

I usually get bored about a month after the update, then I just build on my daily logins so I get closer to dat zenistar

29 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I've played nonstop since February 2014, getting close to 3k hours. Longest break I ever took was maybe 2 weeks. I just can't seem to lose interest. Sometimes repeating my daily chores can get boring, and all I do is log in for a while, but then something comes along that re-surges my interest again. 

There really isn't many games that can do that.

1 hour ago, (PS4)deadbeef001 said:

Been thinking of quitting for some time now. Player base seemed to be on the decline, chat always empty, relays basically ghost towns. 90% of missions ran solo. Getting tired of running the same old missions........

So quit. I basically did. I just pop in occasionally to test out a new item here or there. I stopped logging on daily a long time ago (probably around the time they ruined the void). I usually only pop on regularly to grab the gift of the lotus before logging out for another two weeks.

2 hours ago, Noobverest said:

So true.

I usually get bored about a month after the update, then I just build on my daily logins so I get closer to dat zenistar

Im not much of a one game guy. So i find it odd when people go on about 'quitting' WF. I say stop playing a game when its not fun and do something else. Go back to it if you want later, but theres no reason to resign yourself to one game only. (Im currently loving Titanfall 2, and have got back into Starcraft 2's co-op mode in a big way).

2 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

A lot of people will be back for TWW, but for how long?

About 2 hours to do the quest, 10 minutes to realize that with current movement system, new tilesets don't change the game, 30 minutes to play the new gamemode a few times and get bored by it, 30 minutes to realize that the new system is as broken as most of the existing ones.

Yesterday was horrible for me.

I woke up to the US presidential election results.  A man whose entire campaign centered around hatred, intolerance, and fear mongering was elected.  Says a lot about my fellow Americans.  Slavery and the Native American genocide has been over for centuries...but that old mindset is still alive and well in a lot of Americans.

4 hours ago, (PS4)deadbeef001 said:

Yesterday was surprisingly different - squad up with a lot of new guys and had lots of fun. A lot of activity at the relays and Maroo's bazaar.

Seems that a whole new vibe is going.

Had tons of fun ......, and then my internet connection broke. Of course.

People play solo because no more "endless missions"

People is waiting for the new TWW update, like me, they are playing another game.

Also, back in my times, people wait for a new update playing "hard endless missions".

The new "endless relic missions" idea is a joke.

Is optional, people can leave if they dont want use more relics, and you must use relics each 5 min or 5 waves (that is annoying). Is the same, but without loading screen and just a few more void traces.

No rewarding, is not like old endless void missions, when you can invite a friend with just one key, playing 20 min or more.

STILL, i prefer run that missions "solo" and "fast".

1 hour ago, Tizodd said:

Yesterday was horrible for me.

I woke up to the US presidential election results.  A man whose entire campaign centered around hatred, intolerance, and fear mongering was elected.  Says a lot about my fellow Americans.  Slavery and the Native American genocide has been over for centuries...but that old mindset is still alive and well in a lot of Americans.

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19?recruiter=55414566&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-reason_msg

Just now, Tizodd said:

Thanks for this link.  I'm not getting my hopes up but I'll sign it and try to spread the word.

Yeah, no problem. I won't get my hopes up either, but the Electoral College is an outdated and stupid system, and essentially spits in the face of our democracy.

I signed the petition about two hours ago, and it only had about 85,000 signatures. Two hours later, it now has 173,000. We're almost there, Tenno. Fingers crossed, because this can't happen. It's too terrifying to even think about. This whole election has made me physically ill...

It is undeniable that him winning the election did bring out the side of America, but I'd give Trump a chance before we diminish him.

He's said those negative stuff to attract media attention because that's what the media was attracted to, but after the attention was on him he did just the opposite. Only time will tell whether he does a good job or not. But if your fear of the racists is that great then I understand.

5 hours ago, Zarozian said:

It is undeniable that him winning the election did bring out the side of America, but I'd give Trump a chance before we diminish him.

He's said those negative stuff to attract media attention because that's what the media was attracted to, but after the attention was on him he did just the opposite. Only time will tell whether he does a good job or not. But if your fear of the racists is that great then I understand.

Trump and his father were sued some years ago for racist housing policies.  Former employees confessed that they were told to place "C" on applications from Black individuals.  The "C" stood for "colored".  The "C" would also insure that the application was either denied, or that the applicant would be approved for the property designated for Black people.  Then there's the more recent "grab'em by the p*ssy remark", and Trump telling a 14 year old girl he'd be dating her in a few years.  So when Trump makes statements regarding women, Muslims, Mexicans, or whomever he perceives as beneath him...he means it.  He is a vile man.  I suppose it's possible he's changed over the years, but based on recent statements...he's still the same person at his core.

On the bright side, the Petition has over 1 million signatures now.  I'm not holding my breath about anything actually happening, but it can't hurt to try.

13 hours ago, (PS4)deadbeef001 said:

Which region chat are you? US Eastern is always full of banter.

Which relay? Earth always has someone in it. Others are ghost towns 99% of the time because they're all dupes of each other anyways. Only time they get populated is when Baro visits.

Which missions are you running? You unlocking the starchart nodes? Most don't get much traffic unless there's an alert, a really good invasion reward, or they're doing fissures or sorties. Other than those it'd be people either farming xp or relics in the "New Draco" spots or doing assassination runs for Warframe parts.

I just play until I'm bored, leave for a month or several then come back. Started playing again a week ago. I still like the game, it's fun to spot all the new little or big details, to met new people and experiment with new stuff (be it missions, weapons or frames).

19 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

I've played nonstop since February 2014, getting close to 3k hours. Longest break I ever took was maybe 2 weeks. I just can't seem to lose interest. Sometimes repeating my daily chores can get boring, and all I do is log in for a while, but then something comes along that re-surges my interest again. 

There really isn't many games that can do that.

Same as you! I usually find a new game over summer, then lose interest as I get buried in schoolwork when the schoolyear starts.

But then comes Warframe

The first semester is almost done and I am still as hooked into the game as I was when I began :D