The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best and worst archwing guns and melee ?

Enno69

Question

Hello to all ! The AW tools of battle look so cool to my eyes, but I have never tested any, besides the starter Imperator and Veritux. Out of sheer curiosity, I'd like to know your opinion on the current state of archwing weapons (yes I know, AW sucks, that's not the point). Please list all your favorite and least favorite weaps, grading them from best to worst - or from worst to best, as you wish - in each category (melee and gun) !  Cheers :)

22 answers to this question

The starter weapons actually are not that bad.   Veritux is a solid weapon, its prisma counterpart aside the only general purpose improvement over it is Centaur.    For archweapon, avoid the Soma clone.  The infinite depth of space is not the place for spray-and-prey, especially with a crappy dps.  The two archguns you want to go for are Fluctus, which has a high damage and AoE, but has a vary noticeable effective range limit, and volocetus, which is a high damage sniper without a scope.  Its not hitscan, though, so you need to account for a few seconds movement if you want to snipe stuff from across the map.   

Also, build Itzal asap.  Grab the components from a tenno research lab and just get it made.  You don't even need to do any archwing stuff beyond the quest to get it.  Its hands down the most fragile archwing, but with minimal investment its stealth capabilities surpass anything you will ever see in warframe, it is capable of keeping itself stealthed nearly indefinitely with minimal effort.  

Edited by Zezakh

12 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

(yes I know, AW sucks, that's not the point).

AW doesn't suck, it's just that most people suck at it ;D 

anyway, the best guns imo: 

imperator vandal (or normal). fluctus, cyngas. the velocitus is basically like a sniper in space, if you have good aim then go for it, but I won't recommend it 

all melees are good, all can 1-hit almost everything with the right build. there's swords, hammers, fists, scythes...etc, just choose the one you like most and go for it 

Best are the Fluctus and Centaur, The worst are the Dual Decurion and (in my opinion) the knux. 

I hated archwing till I built my fluctus, after I got it everything was do-able. I hated the dual decurion most because it was sooo weak and it's recoil was more than any other weapon I've used. It'd be okay on a single shot but for fast attack speed the weapons should really justify that recoil with damage else you just miss every shot after the first 2-3

Guns with highest potential are Fluctus and Grattler, though you need to be willing to PotatoForma, for a combination of great raw damage and good crit stats. As much as I want to like them, Dual Decurion are the weakest, partly because the recoil is so AWFUL and partly because they have the Grattler's crit stats but lower raw damage

Strongest base damage melee is the Agkuza, if you don't want to PotatoForma, and the best mix of damage and crits is the Centaur, if you do want to PotatoForma. Weakest is the Veritux Stock, which should be predictable because it has a Prisma variant

Thank you all for your answers :) Based on comments read here and there, I am now building the Agkuza-Cyngas combo with the supposedly awesome Itzal to go with it. I had never really bothered with AW in 300+ hours of gameplay but crafting your own stuff is definitely cool.

The Cyngas is second-best in damage after the Velocitus as far as guns, last I heard, and considering that it's hitscan as opposed to projectile, that makes it the best in my book. After that there's the Fluctus and Grattler, which are both great but have additional drawbacks for their unique advantages. The two best melee weapons are the Centaur sword & shield and the Kaszas(sp?) scythe.

The direct upgrades of the starter weapons are in the middle, and then below that basically every other weapon is pretty much interchangeable aside from some more weapons like the Dual Decurion that stand out for being absolute piss.

As far as Archwings go, each has their own use.

Personally I hate using the Itzal because it's made of paper and has situational abilities, but you kinda have to for Interceptions because its teleport lets you solo them and you can't count on having a teammate in Archwing.

The Elytron is good for all forms of Defense because it can turn a huge area into a persistent damage zone, and Corpus Sabotage because its 4 will nuke the entire reactor chamber at once, but it's slow.

The Amesha is also great for all forms of Defense and can solo almost anything except Interception thanks to its defensive stats/abilities and good speed. Plus it's the only means of consistent healing and damage mitigation in Archwing.

I don't know what the hell works for Rush or Pursuit, because nothing I've tried in those nodes HAS worked.

35 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

Hello to all ! The AW tools of battle look so cool to my eyes, but I have never tested any, besides the starter Imperator and Veritux. Out of sheer curiosity, I'd like to know your opinion on the current state of archwing weapons (yes I know, AW sucks, that's not the point). Please list all your favorite and least favorite weaps, grading them from best to worst - or from worst to best, as you wish - in each category (melee and gun) !  Cheers :)

Blinked from Feedback]Weapons to Players helping Players.

Just FYI, Feedback sections are for when you want to talk to the devs. If you want info, advice from other players=> Players helping Players.

6 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

Thank you all for your answers :) Based on comments read here and there, I am now building the Agkuza-Cyngas combo with the supposedly awesome Itzal to go with it. I had never really bothered with AW in 300+ hours of gameplay but crafting your own stuff is definitely cool.

Itzal isn't 'the best' though, you'll die easily if you don't know how to play it. everyone says it's god-tier but in the wrong hands it isn't. but I guess you'll need it if you're farming mods

Fluctus, Grattler, and Imperator are the easiest guns to actually hit stuff with.  Hitting stuff can be a big problem in Archwing.  Velocitus helps with killing the Golem.

Dual Decurion is trash.  Corvas is quite possibly the worst weapon in the game (not just Arch wing).

Arch melee are all really strong.  As mentioned by someone else, Agkuza and Centaur are the best.

10 hours ago, Yaerion said:

Blinked from Feedback]Weapons to Players helping Players.

Just FYI, Feedback sections are for when you want to talk to the devs. If you want info, advice from other players=> Players helping Players.

I apologize.

Build the kaszas, might not be the greatest, but considering how easy it is to get now compared to how hard it was before they put the parts in syndicates, just build it.  Same with Itzal, was nowhere near as bad, but still painful.   IMO the main reason heaps of people think AW sucks is because of the starting frame they gave you, pure trash, if you started with the itzal and could murder to your hearts desire a lot of people wouldnt have been turned off after a few minutes.

For me my go to weapons are....

Centaur for melee and imperator vandal primary.  Frame is mainly itzal, but i do like the newest frame (medic one) too tired, cant think of the name

With how touchy archwing can be. I used to HATE it, it was just....so hard. Crashing into everything, stuff hitting hard, me not hitting hard, all dimensions to look out etc etc.

But then I built the fluctus. I now love archwing. Fluctus has saved my archsoul. It's a great weapon for the game mode. I've saved many archwing missions using that badboy. I even put 4 forma into it.

3 hours ago, Coaa said:

With how touchy archwing can be. I used to HATE it, it was just....so hard. Crashing into everything, stuff hitting hard, me not hitting hard, all dimensions to look out etc etc.

But then I built the fluctus. I now love archwing. Fluctus has saved my archsoul. It's a great weapon for the game mode. I've saved many archwing missions using that badboy. I even put 4 forma into it.

4 formas ? How the Hek did you upgrade your baby ? With a single catalyst on my Cyngas I've already run out of useful mods to install...

4 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

4 formas ? How the Hek did you upgrade your baby ? With a single catalyst on my Cyngas I've already run out of useful mods to install...

You must be missing some useful mods then.

tJS1PFy.png

f0xi9Ny.png

Edited by Gelkor

4 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

You must be missing some useful mods then.

That explains it. I only use three elements, as Blast is generally useless in anything but proc (is it different in AW ?). Also I would not have thought Automatic trigger and Dual rounds with its 30% value would be of any use with a burst-fire weap like the Cyngas. And does Quasar drill really makes a difference ? Pure IPS mods are generally not recommended due to lack of impact - pun unintended -, again, is AW different ?

And how would you rate the Fluctus compared to the Cyngas ?

9 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

That explains it. I only use three elements, as Blast is generally useless in anything but proc (is it different in AW ?). Also I would not have thought Automatic trigger and Dual rounds with its 30% value would be of any use with a burst-fire weap like the Cyngas. And does Quasar drill really makes a difference ? Pure IPS mods are generally not recommended due to lack of impact - pun unintended -, again, is AW different ?

And how would you rate the Fluctus compared to the Cyngas ?

Sure, things may have resistance to Blast, but more damage is more damage, it's not 100% useless.

Auto trigger reduces delay between trigger pulls, more damage is more damage.

Dual rounds is 30% chance, sure, low, but 30% chance of double damage, more damage is more damage.

Sure, IPS is relatively poor, but Cyngas has low crit and has absolute zero ammo problems, I get more by edging it more into Puncture vs armored targets. More damage is more damage. All this adds up to being able to one shot Ogmas in Caelus Uranus, the highest level/health archwing mooks in game. 

Basically, I had an open slot and don't have the event mods, so in goes an IPS mod for more damage.

Fluctus is great for Corpus maps, Sharkwing, Pursuit, or if you just don't know what to expect. Cygnas is great if you know you are going to be in an open Grineer Asteroid Map, it's a perfect space DMR. 

A note on Fluctus, every time a new Archwing enemy or gimmick comes out, it never works on it, and has to be patched later.  It happened with Jordas Golem, Jordas Verdict, Pursuit, and Fomorians. So if it's a brand new AW mode, probably don't bring Fluctus. 

Edited by Gelkor