The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sicarus and glaive prime buff!

Darth-Buldge

With the ember unvaulting coming soon i think we should take a quick peek at the weapons that come with it. The sicarus prime is actually a bit weaker than its already base weak counterpart the sicarus. Now the glaive prime just needs a buff period.Just a bit though no need to make them op. WHO AGREES?

4 minutes ago, Fluttershy750 said:

add a bit of crit chance like 15-20% and some damage to the base and i think it will be all good

It I could throw those weapons much faster and smoother (without doing a melee strike first), I would evaluate them first and then call for buffs. Right now, the handling is just too awkward. Don't tune a motor of  a car with three wheels.

Edited by Sahansral

2 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

All thrown weapons struggle with their clumsy mechanic. No individual buff helps these weapons at the moment.

Sicarus... yes, it needs tweaking in comparison to the newer weapon. Less recoil and or more damage.

I tried Cerata crit build yesterday. It doesn't wreck everyone, but it's strong enough to take into lvl ~30 missions.

I'd prefer to use Cerata as my primary choice of Glaive. I will Agree that doing a charge attack to throw them, however, can be a bit of a nuisance. 

The overall DPS aspect of Glaive weapons when used for Damaging as opposed to Stealth Finishers - I agree could use Work. 

Sicarus Prime? Eh...Not Really a big a fan for Burst Type Weaponry. I do however, think it could use some tweaking. Then again, its counterpart is a beginners' weapon, so I didn't expect much difference when it was primed. It looks cool though. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sanemane213 said:

Then again, its counterpart is a beginners' weapon, so I didn't expect much difference when it was primed. It looks cool though. 

Lex is also buyable with credits, yet its Prime counterpart has double the damage of the normal version. Let's buff Sicarus Prime! :D

2 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Lex is also buyable with credits, yet its Prime counterpart has double the damage of the normal version. Let's buff Sicarus Prime! :D

Not only that but that double damage along with it's crits puts it up there as one of the highest single shot damage secondaries in the game. A beginner's normal weapon to endgame prime.

29 minutes ago, Fluttershy750 said:

With the ember unvaulting coming soon i think we should take a quick peek at the weapons that come with it. The sicarus prime is actually a bit weaker than its already base weak counterpart the sicarus. Now the glaive prime just needs a buff period.Just a bit though no need to make them op. WHO AGREES?

Weaker than the normal counterpart? Come now, are you 'that' kind of player? Have you actually looked properly at the stats before drawing any conclusions? Yes, it should get a buff, but that sentence is simply not correct.

Sicarus Prime compared to the Sicarus:

• Higher base damage (32.0 vs. 30.0).
    • Lower Impact b Impact damage (12.8 vs. 21).
    • Higher Slash b Slash damage (9.6 vs. 4.5).
    • Higher Puncture b Puncture damage (9.6 vs. 4.5).
  • Higher Accuracy (25.0 vs. 20.0).
  • Larger Magazine size (21 rounds vs. 15 rounds).
  • Higher Rate of Fire (9.38 vs. 7.39).
  • Higher Status Chance (10.0% vs. 2.5%).
  • Lower Critical Multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.0x).

16 minutes ago, D20 said:

If you want to buff Glaive Prime, don't stop there. The whole bunch of throwing weapons needs a stat increase as well. Those are worthless since DE added the gunblades.

About Sicarius Prime, I never tried it so I can't give my opinion on it.

Well I understand there's groups of weapons with subpar stats and performance.And I agree that should be buffed.

But the prime weapons shouldn't even released when they are weak, useless or even mediocre, and when they start getting out of date, they should be buffed.

Because they are supposed to represent the top tier weapons in the warframe universe in performance and looks.
Not mention that they are tied to prime acesses that can be expensive.

And there's much more then the glaive and the sicarus. There's ankyros,dakra,bronco, akbronco, vasto, and more, not to mention the rifles, but those are not in bad place as this ones I mentioned. there's a lot of weapons out of date, and don't even performe close to what they are supposed too.

So Op don't mention only the weapons you like, or have but all prime that are in need of a revision, that is almost all but the last 3 prime acesses.

• 2 weeks later...

@-BM-Leonhart Depending on your headshot accuracy, the non-prime counterpart can out damage the prime version.

@BBOTAA The OP brought these up because they are being unvaulted this month.

I would like to see the Sicarus Prime get a bump from 10% to 15% for critical and status chance, a 2.0x critical multiplier, and a drop to 1.5s for the reload, the damage doesn't need increasing, but could be skewed further to be evenly distributed.

I would like to see all throwing weapons go back to the old throwing mechanics for quick melee throws, allow thrown attacks to add to the combo counter for every target hit, and all of them given an improved melee combo multiplier like that of the Venka Prime.

As for a buff to the Glaive Prime if the buff to all thrown melee is done, just increase the damage to 40 from 35, increase the critical chance to 20% and the critical multiplier to 2.0x.

Edited by Aeraxis
Buff Suggestions

+1. Sicarus isn't a particularly great sidearm, nobody was really missing it even after it's vaulting, and I sold all my parts to the kiosk a long time ago, since I knew there wouldn't be any demand for it.

Throwing Melee as a whole needs a rework: more damage, and faster throwing in place of charge attacks. automatically homing in towards nearby targets would be nice too, as not everyone is precise at throwing, and you essentially disarm yourself with a missed throw.

6 hours ago, Aeraxis said:

@-BM-Leonhart Depending on your headshot accuracy, the non-prime counterpart can out damage the prime version.

You know as well as I that this is not what ppl are butthurt over. As they see it, if they don't have like 50% more base damage or huge crit, they don't even bother to compare the stats to see which is better.

And ofc a higher critical multiplier doesn't mean much when both of their crit chance is nothing to speak of, compared with all the other stats which are better.

That is like saying Tigris will outperform Tigris Prime because of the faster reload speed since everything will be one-hit anyway, right?