Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

Why? Why would it of made more sense? You think the Orokin didn't see the power in fury and anger? Alad was stripping parts off things, yeah the flayed Valk design is pissed but to say he gave her those powers is like saying there should be no Mesa Prime since that's something else Alad messed with. We have so little lore on what Umbras even are there is nothing to say about those.

32 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

what if valkyr prime isin't the orignal warframe? what if umbra valkyr is?

meaning that the umbra warframes were the originals, the orokin created clones of them for the tenno to use, then the defaults were cheap replicas made in order to produce numbers? meaning that the umbra valkyr could look more like the gemersi skin?

just a thought...

its up in air till they drop ..

16 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Honestly, it should have been an either or. An Umbra Valk would have made more sense than a Prime.

some people are saying it's DE being greedy and only caring about money yet forget that not everyone cares about lore, I frankly couldn't care less if they took the lore and tossed it in the trash so to me this is simply DE delivering a great prime and not being greedy at all.

What if Valkyr Prime IS after the whole zanuka incident...........maybe some1 fixed her, maybe some1 made her better? because as far as i understand, primes > mass production.

that would explain why she still has those bonds on her arms (hehe ripline prime) and it would explain why her precious booo-tea looks exactly like the zanuka experiment ones.

I'm just making up my own theories........nobody said that there was a valkyr prime in the Old War eh?

Evolution of Valkyr how i see it......gersemi - the first one, zanuka project - the second (aka female supersaiyan), Prime - fixed and upgraded, tho even the best technology cant fix the mental scars.

1 hour ago, cghawk said:

some people are saying it's DE being greedy and only caring about money yet forget that not everyone cares about lore, I frankly couldn't care less if they took the lore and tossed it in the trash so to me this is simply DE delivering a great prime and not being greedy at all.

It's not an either-or deal. People who don't care about lore wouldn't have lost anything if DE had stuck to theirs and designed a Valkyr Prime that didn't have gold spikes in place of Corpus bolts. Those sculpted buttocks aren't intrinsically connected to lack of lore, you know.

On 11/18/2016 at 10:06 AM, Drufo said:

Maybe the Corpus, during their experiments, tried to re-create the Prime version and this would explain the "implants" and the bonds, since those are missing for the Gersemi. Consider that Gersemi is just a replica of the Prime, so it's not identical: just as Nekros doesn't have the wing-thing as his Prime, she doesn't have the implants and bonds of her.

^ this

I think, i have a [theory] that might satisfy this

Valkyr prime theory:

Spoiler

9KpFHBo.png

reflecting that the shown image^ all 3 are very similar in body design from the front 

the orokin gauntlets and stubs are control systems /limiter crafted by the orokin, these are refined attachments blend with the frame, its the original orokin collar so to speak to help them , control her

now lets look at this thoughtfully

the valkyr we have is a stripped/skinned version implanted with corpus restraints. what if the corpus had a valkyr prime blueprint and were trying [like everything they do] to reverse engineer [orokin tech] to create a valkyr back to that standard , a controllable warframe perhaps, like mesa and alad v? 

another thought what if the orokin derived a economy model [germesi valkyr] and decided that due to as drufo [states] as we understand it all frames currently are mass made variants created to be fodder for the war and derived from a single version prime, what if the pelt was later added to the mass made variants, this could be due to sensitive to pain or that it required the tail and extra  muscle layers to balance when running and attacking (what a cats tail actually does) or its just a cheaper method to create a armored frame, unlike the priem, which was crafted to have more armor with less bulk

now lets say that valkyr prime is not in fully an original form but its outfitted in blueprints to be constrained purposefully so orokin could , well control her/contain

Helm

reflect that the gersemi helm and v prime helm are similar .. how you may be wondering ?

look at the helm shape, both germesi and prime had a central part that has 4 branches coming off 

so does the primes, but unlike gersemi the face is not covered, this could be due to it being an orokin made armor, rather then industrial crated armor, economy they bulked it up, and had close to equivalent stats , the prime was streamlined and had the advantage of orokin technology 

Image result for valkyr prime

The Tail/stub

let me explain

she does have a spike stub and I think can make a reasoning for such

Spoiler

CxzaCz-UcAADt5n.jpg:large

what if as a cat themed warframe, she was derived like a lynx ?

Image result for lynx

cat tails normally serve a purpose , like climbing [balance] , cheetah running[steering] ..ect 

as a raw prime, she didnt require the long tail as she was more focused on being thrown into combat, not really using it for balance or climbing , that came around in the gersemi model.

so unlike other vanillas , the valkyr[gersemi] was actually a little more redesigned then its prime counterpart to be more efficient and cheaper to produce, while also not hampering her ability to do combat . possibly to make her more aerodynamic, less drag ? 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

I'll paste here some (edited) two cents from another thread, since this thread is purely about Valkyr Prime:

Okay, I've been out of the loop for quite some time, and some friends told me that this was already explained before (perhaps devstream or something)....

And... I liked Valkyr Prime's design. I mean, it goes well with her personality the helmet is cat-like following her general motif, the gauntlets are awesome, but...

....Where are the stuff that Gersemi added "back" and Prime doesn't have?

Isn't Gersemi supposed to be Valkyr's canon true form (while other Deluxe skins follow thematic motiffs or nods to Dark Sektor)? So where's her tail? Where are the winglets? Why does it follow the design from Alad V's modifications instead of Gersemi, which is, lore-wise, her true canon form?

And I know you folks at DE give a ton of importance for Lore. I mean, why else would you go back and fix the normal BURSTON to make it more Tenno-like?

....But why doesn't Valkyr follow that? Why does her Prime skin, which was supposed to be the truest form of Valkyr, follow her mangled experimented form from Alad V's lab, instead of Gersemi, which is her true form that was supposed to be based on Valkyr Prime?

I'm delighted to see Valkyr Prime come true. But I'm kinda disappointed to see that it doesn't follow her "true self". And before somebody goes "Well, duh, use Gersemi Skin on Valkyr Prime, problem solved"... if I do that, I won't be getting the Prime appearance, right? And I'm surely not getting Valkyr just for the stats.

Aside from that, great job.

TL;DR: 
Why no Gersemi? Where is her tail? Where are her winglets?

Expected influence order:
Prime -> Gersemi -> Mangled from Salad Vee

What we got:
Salad Vee -> Prime -> ??? -> Gersemi

Edited by DoppelShifter

I think, i have a [theory] that might satisfy why her appearance is the way it is

Valkyr prime theory:

Spoiler

9KpFHBo.png

reflecting that the shown image^ all 3 are very similar in body design from the front [as it should be]

on the prime, thesegauntlets and stubs are control systems /limiter crafted by the orokin, these are refined attachments blend with the frame, its the original orokin collar so to speak to help them , control her

now lets look at this thoughtfully

the valkyr we have is a stripped/skinned version implanted with corpus restraints. what if the corpus had a valkyr prime blueprint and were trying [like everything they do] to reverse engineer [orokin tech] to create a valkyr back to that standard , a controllable warframe perhaps, like mesa and alad v? 

another thought what if the orokin derived a economy model [germesi valkyr] and decided that due to as we understand it all frames currently are mass made variants created to be fodder for the war and derived from a single version prime, what if the pelt was later added to the mass made variants, this could be due to sensitive to pain or that it required the tail and extra  muscle layers to balance when running and attacking (what a cats tail actually does) or its just a cheaper method to create a armored frame, unlike the priem, which was crafted to have more armor with less bulk

now lets say that valkyr prime is not in fully an original form but its outfitted in blueprints to be constrained purposefully so orokin could , well control/contain her

Helm

reflect that the gersemi helm and v prime helm are similar .. how you may be wondering ?

look at the helm shape, both germesi and prime had a central part that has 4 branches coming off , gersemi is more aerodynamic, primes is more flared out 

so does the primes, but unlike gersemi the face is not covered, this could be due to it being an orokin made armor/tech, rather then industrial crated armor,

in the economy they bulked it up, and had close stats , the prime was streamlined and had the advantage of orokin technology 

Image result for valkyr prime

The Tail/stub

let me explain

she does have a spike stub and I think can make a reasoning for such

Spoiler

CxzaCz-UcAADt5n.jpg:large

what if as a cat themed warframe, she was derived like a lynx ?

Image result for lynx

cat tails normally serve a purpose , like climbing [balance] , cheetah running[steering] ..ect 

as a raw prime, she didnt require the long tail as she was more focused on being thrown into combat, not really using it for balance or climbing , that came around in the gersemi model.

conclusion

so unlike other vanillas , the valkyr[gersemi] was actually a little more redesigned then its prime counterpart to be more efficient and cheaper to produce, while also not hampering her ability to do combat .and made to more aerodynamic , possibly to reduce drag on the added bulk locations 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako