Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove 2k endo, replace with 4K Kuva as Sortie Rewards

fatpig84

Let's be honest, Kuva is currently an arse to obtain barring from doing that Sedna capture all over and over again.
And re-rolling a fresh Riven mod twice basically consumes 2k Kuva.

So these things get expensive, real quick.
As re-rolling Rivens will be the new endgame (it is actually harder than obtaining Rivens), we should be able to get a big supply of Kuva regularly.
So DE, do it. Replace the 2K Endo with 4k Kuva :)

P.S. To clarify this is NOT to replace Endo.
Current reward is 2K Endo or 4K Endo.
It basically turns rewards to 4K Endo or 4K Kuva.

Edited by fatpig84

I've been treating Kuva exactly as it's been intended, a side quest. If it appears during a random Syndicate mission I'm doing or something, well I do it!

It's better than Cryotic IMO, because with Cryotic, I have to specifically do Excavation to get it.

Although, I'm not rerolling Riven mods a hundred times, so I don't know the horrors of trying to get the perfect Riven XD

Edited by Zandermanith222

14 minutes ago, fatpig84 said:

Let's be honest, Kuva is currently an arse to obtain barring from doing that Sedna capture all over and over again.
And re-rolling a fresh Riven mod twice basically consumes 2k Kuva.

So these things get expensive, real quick.
As re-rolling Rivens will be the new endgame (it is actually harder than obtaining Rivens), we should be able to get a big supply of Kuva regularly.

I like the 2k Endo being replaced just not the 4k Endo, that can stay.

I disagree, I hate riven mods and will never touch them, Endo has many uses, and if you have too much, fuse a primed mod and make some platinum. THE LAST thing I want sorties to drop is a resource (even nitain is a slap in the face for the people sorties are designed towards).

I feel like the 2k endo is a bit low for a sortie reward and instead should just be bumped to 3k endo instead of kuva. 

Managed to farm 12k kuva fairly easy and adding it as a reward would make it a bit of a waste since the kuva is eventually drained if you're the type who cycles Riven mods quite often.

2 minutes ago, -1459.Voltage- said:

I disagree, I hate riven mods and will never touch them, Endo has many uses, and if you have too much, fuse a primed mod and make some platinum. THE LAST thing I want sorties to drop is a resource (even nitain is a slap in the face for the people sorties are designed towards).

You know Kuva is already used for weapons. And will likely be used for more weapons in the future as well.

2 minutes ago, -1459.Voltage- said:

Couldn't be said any better, especially since some sorties are a real pain to do and often times could take half an hour or even an hour to finish some missions.

Lens's I would say the same, though I personally just see them as a filler in the rewards pool.

2 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

The devs are already making it so you can't get 2k endo more than 2 times in a row :)

]\'[

The thing is 2k endo is too low for the trouble u go through.
With a nek, I can get 2k endo just by sitting in Akkad for 15 to 20 rounds and with far less annoying mechanics to handle.

Also I am not asking for replacement of 4k endo.
Just only replacing 2K endo with Kuva rewards.

I think I will update this in the OP.

1 minute ago, -Mr.Meeseeks- said:

You know Kuva is already used for weapons. And will likely be used for more weapons in the future as well.

That may be, but it already drops in high quantities (600, or 1000-1200 if you have a resource booster) and you can easily farm this resource on a number of missions.

It's just like saying oxium should be added to the reward pool :P

4 minutes ago, -Mr.Meeseeks- said:

I get siphons far too often in sorties, I get them in my syndicate missions, and I can farm them if i need to. Listen to this:

1 year ago (almost exactly) we got Palatine Weekend and the introduction of Wukong and Nitain Extract. People complained for a week or 2 about it being too hard to get and too much about RNG (arguements are valid). Now we are 12 months since Nitain is released, and everyone (who is at "end game") has stockpiles. The people that sorties aim at do not need resources that will just pile up and be useless. ALSO, kuva will not be used on corpus weapons since it is a faction based resource. Even Primed/Tenno weaponry is a stretch.

Edited by -1459.Voltage-

Just now, xenoncat20 said:

That may be, but it already drops in high quantities (600, or 1000-1200 if you have a resource booster) and you can easily farm this resource on a number of missions.

IF they even cap the Kuva costs.

Otherwise, Kuvas are a huge pain in the butt.

1 minute ago, fatpig84 said:

The thing is 2k endo is too low for the trouble u go through.
With a nek, I can get 2k endo just by sitting in Akkad for 15 to 20 rounds and with far less annoying mechanics to handle.

Also I am not asking for replacement of 4k endo.
Just only replacing 2K endo with Kuva rewards.

I think I will update this in the OP.

I admit, 2k endo does feel weak as a reward for the sorties, hence why I mentioned earlier about just simply bumping it from 2k to 3k. That way it doesn't feel like I might be wasting my time doing the sorties as much if it does drop as a reward.

Just now, xenoncat20 said:

The thing is Kuva costs go up the more times you reroll - This can be a hassle for some people, so having atleast 2k Kuva in the sorties would be a good start for those who:

A) Don't want to farm Kuva itself - Solo Players, People who don't like the new mechanics and People who can't actually get a good enough squad for example - Sure it wouldn't be as much as what you would get farming for it, but it'd be an option for those who play more casually.

B) for those people who want to get Kuva easily to reroll rivens.

2 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

IF they even cap the Kuva costs.

Otherwise, Kuvas are a huge pain in the butt.

They're really not that hard (unless you farm for kuva in a sortie, in that case you're just silly haha), they generally spawn almost every other game for me when I jump on Sedna and often times it just requires attention and a tiny bit of timing to get it. Most of the time it's not even a hassle.

As for the cap related issue, you'd have to have really bad RNG in cycling a Riven mod to need a boat-load of kuva. 

5 minutes ago, Latiac said:

The thing is Kuva costs go up the more times you reroll - This can be a hassle for some people, so having atleast 2k Kuva in the sorties would be a good start for those who:

A) Don't want to farm Kuva itself - Solo Players, People who don't like the new mechanics and People who can't actually get a good enough squad for example - Sure it wouldn't be as much as what you would get farming for it, but it'd be an option for those who play more casually.

B) for those people who want to get Kuva easily to reroll rivens.

If that's the case, then by the time the Riven mod is re-rolled and you get up to that "2k kuva needed to cycle" it'll start to feel pointless as a reward.

2 minutes ago, Hrizt said:

Maybe just remove the 2000 endo and 4000.

I think the rewards from Sortie shouldn't be something that people can farm off the star charts..  

So you want the sortie rewards to only be legendary cores, lenses, and riven mods? Yea that wont ruin the value of those items...

34 minutes ago, Zia_Avenicia said:

Also, they're working on a fix that makes it so that if you get 2k endo so many times, it forces something else to drop in it's place.

23 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

The devs are already making it so you can't get 2k endo more than 2 times in a row :)

]\'[

hopefully we don't end getting a script giving us only endo and lenses while riven mods and legendary cores start to become even harder to find (I have done every single sortie since day 1 and have never seen a legendary core, and since tww I've seen 2 riven mods, 2 lenses and everything else has been 2k endo, making me see sorties as a waste of time).

Imo, sorties completion should guarantee at least 1K endo + 1 reward from the pool (and I'd hapily disable lenses as rewards if I had that chance)

7 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Imo, sorties completion should guarantee at least 1K endo + 1 reward from the pool (and I'd hapily disable lenses as rewards if I had that chance)

Leaving you with reactors, catalysts, legendary cores, and Riven mods. DE puts padding in the drop tables for a reason, partially profit from their market sales, partially to keep supply lower so trade can better function. The repeated 2k endo was a pain, but it didn't affect everyone equally since it was RNG and they are fixing that up. Removal of endo from the drops alone would make the price of riven and legendary cores start to dip heavily, lenses more so, since supply would increase. If the supply is too high then riven trading would be seen as largely worthless since theyd be so easy to get, and thats just opening a new can of worms there. If they are going to go with guaranteed endo each time + something else then something else needs to be added to the drop tables for a bit of padding. That is the only way it would pass.

1 hour ago, xenoncat20 said:

Lens's I would say the same, though I personally just see them as a filler in the rewards pool.

every reward is a filler to someone.  Plenty of people could care less if they get another potato or exilus slot or any of the rewards.  Removing or replacing one reward is going to upset someone else eventually.

Everything but the legendary core is worthless to someone and eagerly desired by others.

1 hour ago, fatpig84 said:

You know it won't be 4k kuva if/when they add it to rewards.  It'll be 500 or something.  They don't want to make it too easy after all.