Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened to the prime cinematic teaser ?

Legorian

hopefully the concentration on TWW didn't stop them from doing a trailer...

either way i can't wait for that frame, but i was honestly expecting it to be based off the gemini skin... not the default valkyr considering that the default is what happened after the corpus torture... hopefully they have some good way to explain that...

Well, assuming the primes are archetype warframes (which is the direction DE seems to be going in), the Gersemi Valkyr is the rationalized production variant.

Other Valkyr is the peeled version that the corpus have been monkeying around with, but the issue here is it seems to mesh better with Valkyr Prime--a Valkyr Prime the corpus have been stripping down. So where exactly have the corpus come up with a Valkyr Prime? They don't exist as a finished warframe in the present time period...unless there's something we don't know.

It's possible Valkyr is a stripped down Gersemi, but there are some physical bits and pieces that don't match up particularly well with the Gersemi skin. This is most likely due to the exigencies of game and art design, but we always have to assume what is presented in the game is part of the narrative of the game. So we do have a bit of an inconsistency here going by what we presently know.

2 minutes ago, sushidubya said:

Yeah that's like my favorite part of every new Prime release.  Can't believe they skipped that.  Maybe they're burnt out from TWW?

Probably, might get one tomorrow or later in the week. However it could be that because Valkyr has such a fervent following, there isnt a need to generate excitement for this prime. 

The cinematic teasers are lore. There likely isn't going to be one for reasons evidenced, if not explained, in the hateful lore discussion threads.

I mean, the hypothetical trailer is either going to completely ignore the hotly debated issues and cause even bigger outrage, or it's going to have to explain everything, for which they were not ready before the weekend.

Either way, wonder no longer.

Well technically with the early "accidental" release of here into the game codex on the TWW update there has been 1.5 weeks of teasers happening. I have a video showcasing it since it hit game but before they removed it. So there is your teaser & advertising done by us in the community! 

Plus there is the slightly changed up lore issue

They can't stop now. The Lore-thread they have been building with the Primevids are as important ad the War Within. 

We need all lore to mix it together and make the big picture more complete.

I am beginning to suspect Ballas had hidden agendas with the Primes; a broken heart. To this effect I half expected him to talk of how the heart know no boundaries for pain and loss. Let our enemies feel that anger. Let them feel that rage. Arise Valkyr.

I am probably wrong and Ballas was just a selfish sob.

5 minutes ago, arch111 said:

They can't stop now. The Lore-thread they have been building with the Primevids are as important ad the War Within. 

They can stop whenever they wish, the same way they stopped Synthesis, the same way they stopped adding texts to the codex of Primes. 

I think the majority of things we expected but didn't ship weren't deployed simply because they just weren't ready.

Because they didn't have enough time.

Because they haven't figured out the best way to do it.

Valkyr's prime trailer and lore falls into that "not ready" category, I think.

I'd take a crack at it, but it seems pretty challenging, getting all the lore to line up perfectly. Also, I promised Mirage and Frost first...

15 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I am beginning to suspect Ballas had hidden agendas with the Primes; a broken heart. To this effect I half expected him to talk of how the heart know no boundaries for pain and loss. Let our enemies feel that anger. Let them feel that rage. Arise Valkyr.

I am probably wrong and Ballas was just a selfish sob.

The latter is closer to the truth. I mean, look at the fates of Margulis and Ordan Karris, as decided by Ballas. I'm not saying he should be completely devoid of depth and complexity, but the broken heart theme is a little too sentimental for Ballas. It also doesn't give Valkyr a specific purpose, other than capitalizing on emotions, and rage incarnate. It's somewhat vague for a guiding theme behind a tool of warfare.

I really did expect a badass Valkyr trailer, too. A little disappointed we didn't get one. Maybe I will take a crack at her lore. Wish me luck.

12 minutes ago, Belgard said:

Does this count as a cinematic teaser

Yes. It definitely does.

That was pretty damn slick. Totally getting Wolverine vibes. (They should've let her go live-action in the last few seconds and shank a crewman through the brain. Would've been a kickass nod to Wolverine.)

But it cannot replace Prime Access Trailers, which this thread incorrectly calls teasers. (Yep. I'm being pedantic.) Trailers contain lore, story, and give us insight into the purpose of a warframe within Warframe's world.

Seeing the teaser you linked is leading me to believe DE might actually be avoiding dealing with Valkyr's lore at this time. Interesting. But it still falls into the "not ready yet" category.

Either way, they can always come back and add it later, just as they reportedly are considering for all the existing primes who never got the Ballas VO trailer treatment.

Edited by Rhekemi