Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Revisited Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

3 hours ago, (XB1)FCastle74 said:

More like 95% dont like it,  3.5% are indifferent and the 1.5% that play ash in low level solo missions love it. 

More like 95% are just knee jerk "I hate change" reactions, 3.5 % realize it's not the end of the world and 1.5% that play Ash because he's is a ninja and not a ez mode nuke, think it's kind of cool.

1 hour ago, kyori said:

I think there's no need to change the old bladestorm, just make it that allies can kill enemies which is being bladestorm. That's the main problem haters have. 

I don't think the rework had anything to do with haters. It was about making the ability more interactive.

The problem of Ash locking up enemies is way over exaggerated. There's are more than enough enemies to go around in this this game. 

32 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

More like 95% are just knee jerk "I hate change" reactions, 3.5 % realize it's not the end of the world and 1.5% that play Ash because he's is a ninja and not a ez mode nuke, think it's kind of cool.

He is not a Ninja, now he is just a second rate replacement for people not having Loki. And that is the problem, the new Ash is pointless. A worse Loki without Disarm.

4 minutes ago, Awazx said:

No.

I remember when everyone spammed Mesa. Her rework came about, there was a bunch of raging on forums, and then the masses went on to the next best thing while true Mesa fans realised that it wasn't that bad and stuck with her.

Same thing will happen with Ash. 

2 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

He is not a Ninja, now he is just a second rate replacement for people not having Loki. And that is the problem, the new Ash is pointless. A worse Loki without Disarm.

Then play Loki. See my last response.

Edited by Hypernaut1

15 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't think the rework had anything to do with haters. It was about making the ability more interactive.

The problem of Ash locking up enemies is way over exaggerated. There's are more than enough enemies to go around in this this game. 

What is this interactive that many are talking about? The marking of enemies? It only made ash slower n get killed more often in high level missions. 

With such interactive mindset, then I shall propose all power 4 to be made as marking abilities since that is interactive. 

Nova need to mark enemies before she can primed them. Frost need to mark before can avalanche, rhino need to mark before he can stomp them etc etc lol

... Markframe. 

Just now, K4r4k4s4 said:

After peacemakers' rebalance Mesa was terribly bad and only after half a year she was buffed to reasonable level.

She did need that damage buff, but the rework did get rid of the players that just wanted to play they next most powerful spammable thing. 

49 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think people who hate the cutscene just need to play a different frame. its practically the defining thing about Ash.

Sure, it could use some tweaks and be sped up a bit, but it shouldn't be removed.

I love the animation, but many people don't know that bladestorm's animation speed can be increased if you use a high speed weapon with a fury/prime fury mod, it is soooo amazing! :D

15 minutes ago, kyori said:

What is this interactive that many are talking about? The marking of enemies? It only made ash slower n get killed more often in high level missions. 

With such interactive mindset, then I shall propose all power 4 to be made as marking abilities since that is interactive. 

Nova need to mark enemies before she can primed them. Frost need to mark before can avalanche, rhino need to mark before he can stomp them etc etc lol

... Markframe. 

It is interactive in that now you can perform other actions while choosing the targets you mark. You can shoot, melee, revive, hack, zipline, use gear, selfie, emote, fap etc.

Also, being able to choose your targets means you can avoid wasting bladestorm on weak enemies and instead focus on the heavy hitters.

Bladestorm is like Fatal Teleport but targeting multiple enemies. This is redundant and I have got a possible cool idea. Here it is:

Bladestorm:  Ash takes all his remaining energy and summons "x" smoke clones that fight with him.  Number of clones depends on the ammount of energy you have and power efficiency. Clone's damage depends on power strength. And clone's duration depends on power duration.

Clone's AI would be: teleport+attack enemies stunning or killing them (50% prob. direct kill [except bosses] and 50% prob. stunning enemy for "x" secs).

This would emule a bladestorm but more comfortable for players.

Edited by ArionLightning

5 minutes ago, Fearlessmutt said:

It is interactive in that now you can perform other actions while choosing the targets you mark. You can shoot, melee, revive, hack, zipline, use gear, selfie, emote, fap etc.

Also, being able to choose your targets means you can avoid wasting bladestorm on weak enemies and instead focus on the heavy hitters.

That goes the same for many frame's ultra move. They're all not interactive so why no one complain about them? 

10 minutes ago, Fearlessmutt said:

Huh? You can't actually mark any heavy hitter without marking a bunch of crappy grunts.

It's why Fatal Teleport is better than Blade storm.

I'm under the assumption that there are a lot of mobs which is why you considered targeting heavy hitters, but it's actually really difficult to JUST mark heavy hitters.

16 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

Bladestorm should be like " Mark and send Ashsassin clones to kill targets " instead of Massacre Cinematic. With this change we could use any other ability while letting our clones to kill targets with Bladestorm. No more cinematic much more fun ! :D

I keep on hearing this suggestion, but nobody ever answers the question:

How is this functionally different from Shuriken?

And by that I mean, situationally, why would you ever use both? Why wouldn't you always use one over the other? You want to hit a faraway target, you throw a shuriken... or you throw a clone at them for more damage. And now that clones are actually cheaper per-unit and deal more damage than Shuriken...

8 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

Huh? You can't actually mark any heavy hitter without marking a bunch of crappy grunts.

It's why Fatal Teleport is better than Blade storm.

I'm under the assumption that there are a lot of mobs which is why you considered targeting heavy hitters, but it's actually really difficult to JUST mark heavy hitters.

That is true. It is usually difficult to mark specific targets, but I use Smoke Screen, Huras kubrow and wall latching to get to a good spot for marking. 

Edited by Fearlessmutt

7 minutes ago, Fearlessmutt said:

But they are. For example after you cast Nova's 4th you are free to do what ever you want. 

Then that makes blade storm not interactive

For example after you hit 4 again you're stuck in that cutscene where you have to watch the game play itself for the number of marks you put up.

20 minutes ago, Fearlessmutt said:

The game could have done that atomatically though? Nekros just got a rework were his shadows are automatically selected from the most powerful killed enemies, no faffing about about marking targets for resurrection.

The problem is his 4th doesn't feel like a 4th now, it's fiddly and complicated instead of the instant gratification. It doesn't have to be a nuke but should feel better than this.

the only thing they should have done with blade storm was some kinda of exalted blade or peace maker abilitys pass some of the mods of ur meele too blade storm that will be cool but well is not bad the way it is kinda like him more this way then before still kinda broke my eyes with the animations something i wanted off like let the clones do the killing while im in a safe possition  but all in all kinda like this