Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaxion -- Why are you so drunk?

Vaskadar

The Glaxion, o thou art a drunken fool, swaying about without regard for those around you. You wander to and fro, stumbling into foes, and bouncing away without a care.

Please Glaxion, sober up.

Really, the only thing that this weapon needs fixed is its stupid drunken meandering beam.

1 hour ago, RealPandemonium said:

increase fire rate

The last thing Glaxion needs is to burn through Ammo even faster :P

Reducing the Fire Rate (by at least half), with an increase in Damage and Status Chance to compensate
(or even go slightly beyond what we currently have), would help quite a bit in making it more usable IMO.

But yeah, that wobbly beam, while maybe a fun nod to Ghostbusters or something,
just doesn't work well in practice, either reduce it or the other weaknesses the gun has.

2 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

?

But if the beam wasn't wobbly, what would be exotic about the weapon?  That's the whole point of exotic weapons; they're hard to use but have their own niche.  

Um...it's a literal freeze ray?  That's pretty freaking exotic.

I support OP.  The wobble it had before they changed it meant that you couldn't hit things reliably at 40m-50m.  Now, it's more like 15m max and then it just wanders around like the town drunk.  Just put it back at the old level of wandering and it'll be fine.

On 11/29/2016 at 5:34 PM, chuckdm said:

Um...it's a literal freeze ray?  That's pretty freaking exotic.

I support OP.  The wobble it had before they changed it meant that you couldn't hit things reliably at 40m-50m.  Now, it's more like 15m max and then it just wanders around like the town drunk.  Just put it back at the old level of wandering and it'll be fine.

But it doesn't freeze?  The wiggle, high status chance, and ammo consumption are 3 main hallmarks of the weapon.  Without those, it would be just an ice Flux Rifle.

I wouldn't be opposed to the gun actually doing something more than just cosmetic when it applies the chill graphic on enemies.  

i suppose if it wobbled around a bit faster...? it could do something useful with it.

i don't like it as it currently stands because ofc it doesn't do anything to justify the annoyance of that.

5 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

But it doesn't freeze?

it should!

also slow down there pardner with even higher Rate of Fire - while amusing to click and have all of your Ammunition instantly disappear, i'm pretty sure that's supposed to be limited to Wraith Vipers.
:>

11 hours ago, taiiat said:

also slow down there pardner with even higher Rate of Fire - while amusing to click and have all of your Ammunition instantly disappear, i'm pretty sure that's supposed to be limited to Wraith Vipers.
:>

As long as the power is there, that's fine IMO.  We need more diversification in the game, not less,  Stripping the flaws off of everything and just buffing the stats is a recipe for ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.  Warframe has always had an easy way out in each equipment class, and that's fine (I guess;) we don't need any more, though.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

4 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

As long as the power is there, that's fine IMO.  We need more diversification in the game, not less,  Stripping the flaws off of everything and just buffing the stats is a recipe for ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

ofcourse. Glaxion already has very high Rate of Fire for a Continuous Weapon though. doesn't need to be even higher.
i would deal with the beam wandering around for no reason if the effect of the Weapon on Enemies was worth the annoyance. being able to Freeze Enemies solid (or atleast apply a proprietary Slowing Effect) fits the Ice theme, which would be excellent in Gameplay since one Gun can then apply two forms of Slow since it's Ice Damage.

but ofcourse to make it practical it would still need to get like 40 Ammo per Pickup. since as ever Glaxion currently is strictly a Support Weapon, yet it has worse Ammunition Economy than... anything that isn't Wraith Vipers.
in a game so heavily about Killing, and a Weapon that does very poorly at Killing, it's rather nonsensical for it to have major uptime problems.

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

but ofcourse to make it practical it would still need to get like 40 Ammo per Pickup. since as ever Glaxion currently is strictly a Support Weapon, yet it has worse Ammunition Economy than... anything that isn't Wraith Vipers.
in a game so heavily about Killing, and a Weapon that does very poorly at Killing, it's rather nonsensical for it to have major uptime problems.

I don't have any issues with this as long I use ammo mutation or now, even better, Carrier.  

2 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

I don't have any issues with this as long I use ammo mutation or now, even better, Carrier.  

Weapons should be able to perform adequately regardless of Mods. Mutation obviously helps a lot - but say, before the Weapon has a bunch of Polarities and you can do everything...

basically the Weapon can only sort've work once it has a full Mod Loadout. a Weapon should still function even without Mods.

I think that wobble should be smoother. Right now it switches from one place to another instantly.  

Also, "icing", that appears on enemies when they get shot, should stay longer on enemy body, and if whole body is "painted" with it, enemy should become frozen solid for a few seconds (even if still alive). 

Shooting them with other weapons will break ice and deal extra damage.