The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you feel about a Nova rework?

PapaFragolino

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/b/bf/NovaPrime.png/revision/latest?cb=20141217223628&path-prefix=de

Excalibur, Mesa, Saryn and now Ash.  All of these "press 4 to win" frames after being reworked are picked way more often for their other abilities rather than just their ult, so this leads me to ask: what about Nova?

Nova's MP is an interesting ability considering how it can both slow enemies down or speed them up, but in the other hand her first ability has no utility or good scaling whatsoever and her portal is a niche ability, easily outclassed by bullet jumping and other movement options we got in the Parkour rework. Her second ability could use some range on the explosion, a bit faster movement and maybe even an higher radiation proc chance. As of now Nova is being picked exclusively for her ulti, while the rest of her abilities are considered just a little "extra" instead of being fundamental parts of her kit.

I am aware that there are frames in a much urgent need of a rework, but I just wanted to see people's opinion on a not so much talked about argument, despite Nova's popularity.

1 minute ago, PapaFragolino said:

Her second ability could use some range on the explosion, a bit faster movement and maybe even an higher radiation proc chance.

Wait, people use her 2nd ability to proc radiation? I thought you just shoot into it and it'll kill everything. It's almost as OP as her 4th skill.

Honestly, this applied to almost every other frame, only a few have more than 2 skills that see actual use. Few frames though have 2 skills that as powerful as her 2 and 4 are. With a Sancti Tigris I can get 240k damage to every single enemy that her 2 affects. Her 4 is the ultimate debuffer for enemies and ultimate buffer for allies. 

Edited by aligatorno

8 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

her portal is a niche ability, easily outclassed by bullet jumping and other movement options we got in the Parkour rework.

Only yes, if build for her 4. Maxed worm hole 125m, no way bullet jumping will outclass it.

Edited by 7Random77

Nova doesn't need a rework. Her 4th ability isn't even on the same tier as Mesa, Saryn and Ash. Mesa's 4th played the game for you. Ash's 4th played the game for you. Saryn's 4th outshone most of her kit and was a win-button. Nova's 4th is simply a debuff, and as powerful as it may be, it is not problematic.

They should just use a big patch to re-balance all warframes. Sometimes new content should take a backseat to old content which needs revisiting.  I get why some weapons are terrible, but I don't think there should be warframes that are considerably worse than others and even the top tier warframes have 1-3 crap abilities. 

DE like to use the excuse of "if we rework underused frames we don't want to risk upsetting the tiny amount of players that use it"....which is stupid, since they upset a lot more people when they nerf the press 4 frames.

Just now, 7Random77 said:

Only yes, if build for her 4. Maxed worm hole 125m, no way bullet jumping will outclass it.

Using max range wormhole with all the narrow corridors and closed spaces we currently have is more of a nuisance than else.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Nova doesn't need a rework. Her 4th ability isn't even on the same tier as Mesa, Saryn and Ash. Mesa's 4th played the game for you. Ash's 4th played the game for you. Saryn's 4th outshone most of her kit and was a win-button. Nova's 4th is simply a debuff, and as powerful as it may be, it is not problematic.

I'm asking for her other abilities to get a change/buff, not MP.

2 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

At this point i'd rather they got rid of all warframe abilities.

Getting a bit tired of all the "this needs nerfing" and "that needs nerfing" and "it's about time for a rework".

Just get rid of the lot, less chance for complaints.

Where did you get that I'm asking for a nerf? I did quite the opposite.

Personally i find that Nova is fine the way she is.

Sure here 1ste ability is not a powerhouse.
But then again that can be said for most of the frames.
I sometimes use it to warn me that a enemy getting to close while i am using my sniper rifle. ;)

If portal is not fast enough you can always use the augment for it.
I personally use it more to get to hard reach places in a fast way.
And not so much to move faster from A to B.
And im sure there are other ways to use it.

Her antimatter is very useful in combination with her ult.

I think its only a matter of how you want play with her.
You can mix it up.
Or keep pressing 4.

But im not sure if i want to see Nova getting a similar rework as Saryn got.
Not saying that Saryn is bad right now.
(Not that i played Saryn before her rework)

I think Nova doesn't really need such treatment.

Anyway that's my opinion about it.

Molecular prime still allows the rest of the squad to enjoy chain detonating enemies, it's not a fun-killer like Ash's BS. I find Wormhole very useful, it could use updated visuals though. Anti-matter drop is already great, Null-star could be tweaked, but it's ok now and I'd certainly look at other frames first.

15 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Wait, people use her 2nd ability to proc radiation? I thought you just shoot into it and it'll kill everything. It's almost as OP as her 4th skill.

No one does, that's why I thought that maybe making it a somewhat viable choice could be interesting. I just threw it there as a personal suggestion, but the point of my argument revolves around mostly her 1 and 3.

5 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

Where did you get that I'm asking for a nerf? I did quite the opposite.

Where did you get I was referring to you?

Just browse the forums, constant "nerf this" threads and "it's about time X had a rework".

Remove all warframe abilties.

Remove all mods.

Have every single weapon do 1dps and drop mob health accordingly.

The game would be perfectly balanced....

Then people will come to realise that when things are equal, it's boring as all hell. 

A rework? Why would Nova of all frames need one?

Her 1 stuns enemies coming towards you and can potentially set up synergy with her 4, 3 is VERY good for mobility and 2 is great for high level content.

4 is Great CC. Nova of all frames doesn't need a rework - Maybe 1 could get a little bit of a damage tweak to be more useful, but apart from that everything is fine.

Edited by Latiac

6 minutes ago, SchadowDark said:

Personally i find that Nova is fine the way she is.

Sure here 1ste ability is not a powerhouse.
But then again that can be said for most of the frames.
I sometimes use it to warn me that a enemy getting to close while i am using my sniper rifle. ;)

If portal is not fast enough you can always use the augment for it.
I personally use it more to get to hard reach places in a fast way.
And not so much to move faster from A to B.
And im sure there are other ways to use it.

Her antimatter is very useful in combination with her ult.

I think its only a matter of how you want play with her.
You can mix it up.
Or keep pressing 4.

But im not sure if i want to see Nova getting a similar rework as Saryn got.
Not saying that Saryn is bad right now.
(Not that i played Saryn before her rework)

I think Nova doesn't really need such treatment.

Anyway that's my opinion about it.

Saryn was previously used only for nuking with Miasma or as a melee tank with her augment for health regen, now instead each single ability in her kit is fundamental.

Not only she's more complex, but she's also stronger and personally way more fun.

2 minutes ago, direcyphre said:

I mean, you don't appear to be new here, OP, but Nova was already reworked from her original overpowered state. Her only issues were things like bugs making Antimatter Drop not function properly, or wormhole possibly throwing you into areas you couldn't get out of.

If I'm suggesting a rework is because I'd like more synergy in her kit, not because I want her nerfed to hell or buffed to the point of being completely broken.

2 minutes ago, Latiac said:

A rework? Why would Nova of all frames need one?

Her 1 stuns enemies coming towards you and can potentially set up synergy with her 4, 3 is VERY good for mobility and 2 is great for high level content.

4 is Great CC. Nova of all frames doesn't need a rework - Maybe 1 could get a little bit of a damage tweak to be more useful, but apart from that everything is fine.

Her first ability doesn't "stun" enemies, it "staggers" them for an extremely short period of time and you have no control over it whatsoever.

1 minute ago, PapaFragolino said:

Her first ability doesn't "stun" enemies, it "staggers" them for an extremely short period of time and you have no control over it whatsoever.

That's the thing, it alerts you if something is sneaking up on you and certainly buys you time you need. it has it's uses.

Edited by Latiac

Just now, PapaFragolino said:

If I'm suggesting a rework is because I'd like more synergy in her kit, not because I want her nerfed to hell or buffed to the point of being completely broken.

May want to make a post in the feedback forum then of what you don't find synergistic in her abilities. Asking the populous if you think they would get butthurt over a rework isn't the way to go about doing this. 

Of all the previous reworks, only Excal comes to mind where they completely changed what his abilities were (getting rid of super jump). If you have any ideas on how to synergize in some Saryn-esque way, make a post on it.