Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this honestly fair on how extremely rare the relic and getting the chassis for valkyr prime is?

KisaPrime

4 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

Actually interceptions are probably not the best way for this relic. According to datamined info Axi V5 and Axi C1 can't drop on interception  rotation B at all. I don't know if they just forgot to add it there or it was on purpose. Anyway, its just another reason for its rarity.

I called them lowering drop rates after the first few primes.

I would say Give Unto the Void, but truth be told this has been the worst Prime yet in terms of my RNG. Valkyr was easy for me, but the damn Cernos and Venka Primes... I've ended up spending quite a bit of my plat to get those parts, either because I have no relics, no traces, bad drops or all 3 at once. she's worth it though, and she's getting me to MR22, so I can't complain.. much.

one thing I will say is Hieracon is your best bet for Relics: even a mediocre run can get you plenty cabbages if you stay long enough. 2400 is good enough IMO, but go longer if you're feeling brave.

good luck with your future drops, and if you have to trade, make sure you haggle! 

My brother & I had quite a number of Axi V5s drop for us for the first few days of launch. When we went to open them, the second or third time our relics both rolled a Valkyr P Chassis on the same run. After that, we were aiming to use the remaining V5s to get the Venka Blades, which is a common drop in that relic. We used up all of our V5s mostly getting forma or Tigris P Receiver and didn't get a single one Venka P Blade. And now suddenly the V5s are no longer dropping for us. RNG

7 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I called them lowering drop rates after the first few primes.

Apart from 'hard' interceptions (Stephano, Cerberus, Xini, Berehynia, Mithra) on rotation B, the Axi V5 drops in exactly the same places and at exactly the same rates as all other Axi relics, as far as can be determined from that which cannot be named on the forums.

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Apart from 'hard' interceptions (Stephano, Cerberus, Xini, Berehynia, Mithra) on rotation B, the Axi V5 drops in exactly the same places and at exactly the same rates as all other Axi relics, as far as can be determined from that which cannot be named on the forums.

That's like saying, "Apart from severe bodily harm, there is nothing wrong with being shot." 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

That's like saying, "Apart from severe bodily harm, there is nothing wrong with being shot." 

No, it's more like saying "Apart from store X that sells mint creme eggs at twice the price of regular ones, there are plenty of other stores locally that sell them both for exactly the same price."

7 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

No, it's more like saying "Apart from store X that sells mint creme eggs at twice the price of regular ones, there are plenty of other stores locally that sell them both for exactly the same price."

You're really bad at analogies.

Having them possibly drop in two rotations increases your chances of obtaining them by a lot, which is the entire point. That's why people did the interceptions in the first place. Just like the entire point of a gunshot is the bodily harm.

My approach is to get these things without even trying.

I just do pub runs using common relics farming Ducat fodder and Void Traces. I run into people who bring Radiant relics a couple of times and the odd times when somebody with an intact relic gets a rare prime part.

I have yet to own one of the new Neo and Axi relics.  Yet I have a Valkyr P. blueprint, 2x Valkyr Prime Neuroptics, a Valkr P chassis and a Venka P blueprint.

All from random pub runs. 
Without actively looking for these things.
Only one layer of RNG.

9 hours ago, ograzzt said:

Actually interceptions are probably not the best way for this relic. According to datamined info Axi V5 and Axi C1 can't drop on interception  rotation B at all. I don't know if they just forgot to add it there or it was on purpose. Anyway, its just another reason for its rarity.

It has to be intentional.  There are currently 10 axi relics available and that's more than we've ever seen before.  It's too many IMO, but that is kind of a different topic. 

By taking a few of the newest relics out of rotation B they are both making those harder to get and the older relics easier (relative to rot C).  I know plenty of players still chasing after Nekros and Tigris and Galatine... none of them are complaining about getting a T1 or G1 on rot B.

Basically people need to calm down a bit a see that there isn't any problem with not getting Valkyr prime on day #1.  She's going to be in drop tables for almost 2 years if nothing changes.

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR

If you have a good pre-made team then excavations will net you more relics than interceptions anyway, despite the lower drop chance per rotation, as you can have multiple extractors running simultaneously.

Interceptions will take a minimum of 3.5 minutes per rotation, a good excavation team can have almost finished their fourth excavator by then.

Edit: The 'downside' is that you will actually have to play, not just sit in one location and press '4' or whatever.

Edited by ChuckMaverick

4 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Lol so apart from certain nodes having their chances per cycle reduced by 50% it's all the same?

Obvious move was obvious, Devs have to eat and a lot the business model is based on frustration unfortunately. If new primes dropped like candy fewer people would buy PA. They gave you the chance to increase the actual part dropping but reduced the "key" dropping accordingly. Add the trace farming and the fact that you are limited to just one reward per 4 relics if grouping, and yeah, PA looks more appealing. Sound business, especially if you manage to convince people they are actually grinding less.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Lol so apart from certain nodes having their chances per cycle reduced by 50% it's all the same?

See my last comment, even if the Axi V5 dropped in both B and C rotations of hard interceptions, you'd still be better farming for them in excavations with an organised group.

7 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

See my last comment, even if the Axi V5 dropped in both B and C rotations of hard interceptions, you'd still be better farming for them in excavations with an organised group.

That's not the point, the drop rate has been proven to be reduced on certain nodes, that's what desecrated and others predicted and has been proven correct. Trying to waive that away with what a perfect team may or may not be able to achieve in excavation under perfect conditions doesn't change that.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

That's not the point, the drop rate has been proven to be reduced on certain nodes, that's what desecrated and others predicted and has been proven correct. Trying to waive that away with what a perfect team may or may not be able to achieve in excavation under perfect conditions doesn't change that.

That's true, the Axi C1 and V5 relics have not been added to rotation B on one difficulty of one type of missions, when they have been added to every other Axi drop list.

Whether that was deliberate or an oversight, only DE can answer.