The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault and Prime Vault Accessories Discussion

paul5473

So i have heard that frost and ember prime are going to be unvaulted soon and i'm wondering...
will we be able to buy the accessories separately? i'm really hoping we can because from what i was hearing is that we won't be able to which is kind of a bummer...
what do you guys think? (i'm not writing this to target DE or start any hate comics so please be nice!)

Given how vocal the community was last time, I think it is safe to say there is a high demand for a Prime Accessories pack for the upcoming Ember and Frost unvaultings.  The  question then becomes what do include besides the accessories that people would want?  There is concern of overlap if 90 day credit and affinity boosters are included since they come with normal Prime Access.

My idea is including resource amount and drop rate boosters since they are useful(Especially with Kuva and Void Traces).  The question remains about the duration - 90 days of two boosters costs 1200 platinum. (30 day at 200 * 3 months * 2 boosters)  That would be a bit better than buying full price platinum for $50, but how many people on PC actually do that?  I would propose that the resource boosters last long enough to cover the gap between unvaultings, much Prime Access boosters last until around the next Prime Access.  This would probably be somewhere around 150 to 180 days max and come close to 50% off platinum prices.(Which I believe is a minimum most people on PC hold out for when buying non-Prime Access platinum)

If people want the cosmetics in the current bundle then it is a very good deal for them.  By making the resource boosts a very good deal, and lasting until the next Prime unvaulting, it may give players a reason to buy an accessory pack even if they already own the cosmetics - especially on console where they can't get direct platinum discounts for login rewards.

Finally, long duration resource boosters from unvaultings would go hand in hand with resource and credit boosts from Prime Accesses.

What do people think about my proposal?  How well do you think resource boosters would work out and what are your thoughts on their duration?

Just now, (PS4)LiamRising said:

on the offcial twitter Rebecca replied saying theirs 3 packs both together and an ember/ frost bundle so no separate accessories pack. personally i would be furious if the accessories are sold separate as i bought the frost one just for the misa prime since i had everything else.

oh good to know, thanks!

To be perfectly fair the original accessories cost 50$, and came with boosters an no plat.
The unvaulted packs cost 60$, and each one comes with 60$ worth of plat.

Simple fact is that they can't really lower the price all that much.
Otherwise why bother buying the accessories with the PA when I'll just get it later for cheaper?

At the absolute worst you're getting 60$ in plat and the accessories you want along with slots.
And that's a pretty fair deal IMHO.

Edited by Tsukinoki

To be perfectly fair the original accessories cost 50$, and came with boosters an no plat.
The unvaulted packs cost 60$, and each one comes with 60$ worth of plat.

Simple fact is that they can't really lower the price all that much by having a seperate accessory bundle for the unvaulting.
Otherwise why bother buying the accessories with the PA when I'll just get it later for cheaper?

At the absolute worst you're getting 60$ in plat and the accessories you want along with slots.

26 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

My solution: Don't buy them if you already have the frames and find the packs too expensive - and don't support ripoff tactics like that. Rebecca already confirmed that there won't be an accessories pack "this year" - lookie here:

This is insanely not cool.... I have the frames and the weapons... I'm not forking out 60-120 dollars for two items i really want.... :(

Fashion is fashion but jesus......

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

Simple fact is that they can't really lower the price all that much by having a seperate accessory bundle for the unvaulting.

oh wait i didnt know it comes with plat :O i thought it was the items only... now that i think of it it's actually pretty good xD

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

i was kind of upset because i have ember prime and frost prime weapons so i felt it would be abit useless to have dups so it wouldve been a bit better for the people who have to get the iitems as sets and not built in

seeing as DE ignored people's suggestion for wanting that energy prime armor from the last unvault to be sold separate, apparently there were enough people to just go "oh well better buy the full pack anyway" making that whole attempt null. With that mindset nothing is going to change.

3 minutes ago, Naburakty said:

oh wait i didnt know it comes with plat :O i thought it was the items only... now that i think of it it's actually pretty good xD

Frost Prime Vault came with 1050 plat, which is about 55$.
Mag Prime Vault came with 1200 plat, which is about 60$.

So while its not confirmed how much plat will come with the two vaults coming on the 6th it stands to reason that it'll be about the same.

2 minutes ago, Wevi said:

seeing as DE ignored people's suggestion for wanting that energy prime armor from the last unvault to be sold separate, apparently there were enough people to just go "oh well better buy the full pack anyway" making that whole attempt null. With that mindset nothing is going to change.

Its because it was how the original sets were sold, and they want to be fair to people who bought it in the first place. Same as Excal prime and all that.

4 minutes ago, Wevi said:

Simple fact is that they can't really lower the price all that much.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)The_Moustache said:

No, I've owned the frames and weapons for a long time. I've also hated the vaulting of Primes since they started the practice. I still remember DE saying that the new starchart and void system would fix the clutter and have everything available.

This, technically, fixes the clutter. Just not how players desired. 

As for my excitement; other than Reaper Prime, and accessories, I have the rest. As everyone has already lamented, can't get accessories separately, and getting the Reaper Prime will be fairly easy.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Tyreal2012 said:

Itll be nice to have the frames as I was just starting when Frost was Vaulted so I wasnt equipped to farm him, and Ember had been vaulted long before that so itll be nice to have her too.

Frost Prime was the first item to ever be vaulted.  What are you talking about?

Edited by Callback

4 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i never understood why Ember prime plat prices were so high on trade. before the vaulting, her set was almost considered all trash parts and people didnt even like the frame. She was widely considered to be the WORST frame in the game for a while (only thing her "rework" did was remove the need to spam 4, but shes practically the same). 

Conversely, Rhino prime, Loki prime and boltor prime dont seem to be worth much and everyone loved those before. 

Ember Prime was the 2nd best buffer, and this was before they gave her a 2nd insanely strong buff augment to stack a 2nd natural talent on everyone plus even MORE crazy damage to where she surpassed even a perfect TE Mirage.