Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

- 103% damage Riven

Phalanx22

39 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

If you're sick of seeing differing opinions and thoughts, probably best that you don't browse a forum.

'Sides, OP has a bit of a point. I could see just grinning and bearing it as a solution to a Riven that reduces damage by 25, maybe 50%, but 100+%? If you use this mod it will make the weapon basically worthless without the use of Serration. And that's not even going into the other problems with the trade-offs in this system.

It's entirely possible to get mods that have positive effects that do literally nothing for the weapon in question, because apparently DE couldn't be bothered to remove nonsensical possibilities from the list. Why can people get -recoil on weapons like the Quanta, a weapon with no recoil to begin with? Why can people get +IPS stats on purely elemental weapons, so they add literally nothing to the weapon in question? Projectile speed bonuses on hitscan weapons? 

Hell, I've even seen a mod that added IPS stats onto the Lanka (a purely electricity-based weapon) so they did nothing, but also added on to the reload time, with no additional benefits. By equipping this mod, the gun was literally made worse. There was no "trade-off." It was just a blatant waste of time spent farming hard-earned Kuva.

Don't tell people to stop complaining about stuff like this when the system is still obviously broken.

I've continually rolled things like this. Took three rerolls on my Lanka one BEFORE they reduxed the kuva farming to get a good roll. Before I was getting things like + impact damage, + crit chance, and - damage on the thing. Still getting that for the other three ones that I keep rerolling.

8 hours ago, (PS4)HSomDevil said:

-103% dmg

"trade off"

raf,220x200,075,f,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

yes it is a trade off for what is a higher tier weapon that many use. Listen you DON"T NEED riven mods they are just there for extra and high tier weapons are designed to have negatives while less used weapons will have more positives most of the time. It is a trade off! 

20 hours ago, Phalanx22 said:

Today after finishing the sortie i got a riven mod with an easy enough reguirement : find 2 cache in a day, so i did and was treated to this "beauty":

Mutalist Quanta Ampitak 18 D

+89.2% Ammo maximum

+87.5 Reload speed

-103% Damage

MR 12

And all that for just 7650 endo and 369,495 credits

and apparently this mod is just as good as galatine prime...(mr12)

Oh boy..where do  i begin ? lets ignore that increasing max ammo and reload speed is kinda redudant and adress the big elephant. To quote DE the purpose of rivens is to make older weapons more apealing (yet for whatever reason top tier weapons have them..) so answer me this: would this make you wana play the Mutalist quanta? Is healing the enemy a new meta?

Since theres hundreds or riven mods complaints ill keep this short: PLEASE remove the Damage from the negative modifiers PLEASE remove zoom entirelly and PLEASE make riven mods for weapons that we care about (maybe a poll to determine that?) i for one would love a riven for destreza or the furax or dozens others cool but underpowered weapons

This mod will actually allow you to heal your allies.

11 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

The example of it working.... when the target is under the effect of a radiation proc from an extremely high damage laser that would near-instantly down most frames?

After futher review, the ruling on the play is reversed. 

They need to remove all the useless +/- modifiers entirely. I'd also like to see the random percentages removed. If we can't lock in stats at all, and the price continues to increase forever, we should AT LEAST be guaranteed that if we roll the three or four stats we wanted we don't end up with a mod half as strong as it could be, arbitrarily.

IE, I had a Burston mod roll + 160% damage, +90% slash. Sounds good, right? Next reroll was ~250% damage and ~160% puncture damage. That just feels bad to think about.

1 hour ago, DogManDan said:

yes it is a trade off for what is a higher tier weapon that many use. Listen you DON"T NEED riven mods they are just there for extra and high tier weapons are designed to have negatives while less used weapons will have more positives most of the time. It is a trade off! 

For starters: what am i trading here for? whats the positive ? heavy caliber is a trade off because i trade accuracy for damage here i trade damage...ALL OF IT for more bullets that do NOTHING, this is the most couter productive mod i can think off if anything NOT MAXING it makes it better .Secondly  mutalist quanta is a weapon i legit never seen anyone use and if its high tier as you claim (could be i never used it) then this means this weapon is the worst candidate for a riven mod being both too strong and too undersireable at the same time 

Lastly and to put a nail on this coffin : this is a SORTIE reward the closest thing we have to end game the hardest set challenge . I had to do 3 missions then a riven challenge and i can only hope to get a riven once per day and i usually average 3 per week AND THEN i need to do kuva missions that are still buggy and pray i get what i like as soon as posible otherwise the cost is gona skyrocket making me work for this bloody thing even more by the minute while at no point providing any guarantee im gona like the new upgrade for a weapon i neither care for nor needed more power as  you claim

Honestly i get its rng but this doesnt mean they cant put some restriction i mean lets ignore its for mutalist quanta what weapon would benefit from this? what positive modifier proportional to 18 cost would be worth to give up 103% dmg?

On 12/4/2016 at 2:02 PM, DogManDan said:

yes it is a trade off

No it isn't, unless doing literally no damage is an acceptable trade-off to you for daring to use a Riven mod.

what is a higher tier weapon that many use.

Like @Phalanx22 said, people just don't use this thing, mostly because it is faaaaar from "higher tier." I'd honestly rank it as one of the worst guns in the game, up there with the MK-1 weapons. I really don't know why you classify it as a high tier weapon that many use. Get it confused with the Quanta Vandal or something? The Quanta Vandal and Mutalist Quanta have their own separate Riven mods with separate dispositions, just like the Mutalist Cernos and Cernos aren't classified as the same weapon, Riven-wise.

Listen you DON"T NEED riven mods they are just there for extra and high tier weapons are designed to have negatives while less used weapons will have more positives most of the time.

Well, this is probably one of the least-used weapons in the game, and I don't think you can call doing literally no damage just a negative. And while you don't "need" it, there should be some quantifiable reason to use it, even if it's only subjective. Sure, I could see increased reload speed and magazine size as a positive... but when you are doing (need I say it again?) literally NO damage to enemies, the benefits of those QOL improvements aren't exactly properly "traded off" for.

Edited by Jackviator

13 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

No it isn't, unless doing literally no damage is an acceptable trade-off to you for daring to use a Riven mod.

Well, this is probably one of the least-used weapons in the game, and I don't think you can call doing literally no damage a positive. And while you don't "need" it, there should be some quantifiable reason to use it, even if it's only subjective. Sure, I could see increased reload speed and magazine size as a positive... but when you are doing (need I say it again?) literally NO damage to enemies, the benefits of those QOL improvements aren't exactly properly "traded off" for.

Least use weapons in game based on what your opinions? Your thoughts? certainly you have some kind of evidence to back that up! It is still a trade off and well if it is the least used weapon in game I assume you don't use it so there is no real loss at all for the negative damage. You still don't really get it all all these are not needed and this has nothing to do with QoL improvements.

On 12/4/2016 at 11:46 PM, DogManDan said:

It is still a trade off

Sure, by base definition it's a trade-off. But explain to me how doing (drumroll) NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER (how many times do I have to point that out?) is beneficial to the gun, or is made up for by the increased reload speed and magazine size. Seriously, I'm curious, how? Give me a single reason why having a gun that does no damage is beneficial or a fair trade. Just one. ...Don't worry, I'll wait.

Yeah, it's a trade-off, by definition, can't really argue against the definition itself. But if you use this mod you are trading off ALL of your damage. Hell, more than all of it, somehow. So explain to me how that's worth it, how that's even remotely ok.

least use weapons in game based on what your opinions? Your thoughts?

More like my 1.3k hours of playtime and seeing all of <10 people using that weapon in all that time, in all the PuG's and private groups I've been in. I'd hazard a guess that it may not be too popular, no?

if it is the least used weapon in game I assume you don't use it so there is no real loss at all for the negative damage.

:facepalm:  Oh god did you really just say that...

What if... radical idea here, but bear with me... what if you wanted to use this weapon? What if, hypothetically, just an idea here, you wanted to use this weapon, and make it be effective in Sortie-level missions, and not be a slave to the meta, getting progressively more bored of having to use the Soma Prime or Dread to be effective, after hundreds of hours of playing with them? What if, I dunno, you then wanted to utilize a tool that DE specifically implemented to help you do exactly that, and fix underused weapons so you don't have to be a slave to the meta to be effective in combat?

Do you not understand the reason that Rivens were introduced in the first place?!

Plus, are you really saying that because something is broken, there's no point in fixing it because people aren't using it because it's broken at the moment? Because that just might be the faultiest logic I've heard all night.

You still don't really get it all all these are not needed

And yet, Rivens were implemented anyway, because DE wanted people to have the combat-effective option of not being slaves to the meta if they didn't want to. Sure, they're not technically necessary, people can just continue to use the same boring weapons they've continued to use to be effective, but they were supposedly introduced with a purpose of stopping that. Except with these BS stats they aren't fulfilling that purpose effectively.

Edited by Jackviator

2 hours ago, DogManDan said:

Least use weapons in game based on what your opinions? Your thoughts? certainly you have some kind of evidence to back that up! It is still a trade off and well if it is the least used weapon in game I assume you don't use it so there is no real loss at all for the negative damage. You still don't really get it all all these are not needed and this has nothing to do with QoL improvements.

We literally had a prime time where Reb and Megan used it and Atlas in a sur mission because they cited it from play stats as Atlas and that pos gun being the least used gun and frame in the game.

11 hours ago, Racter said:

They need to remove all the useless +/- modifiers entirely. I'd also like to see the random percentages removed. If we can't lock in stats at all, and the price continues to increase forever, we should AT LEAST be guaranteed that if we roll the three or four stats we wanted we don't end up with a mod half as strong as it could be, arbitrarily.

IE, I had a Burston mod roll + 160% damage, +90% slash. Sounds good, right? Next reroll was ~250% damage and ~160% puncture damage. That just feels bad to think about.

You had to have a negative value of some sorts on that second reroll, otherwise you wouldnt get 250% base damage boon. While stats are random - they are not THAT random, and they are derived from MR based "budget", so to say. And negatives are good, as they increase the value of positives.

There should be negatives but those negatives should be limited to specific combinations. 

I personally got a + Crit Damage with a -Crit Chance. There should be a guideline to what's being dished out while still counting as a trade off.

I find it amusing on status weapons modded for radiation procs. Since the amount of enemies that can exist at any given time is limited, locking half the possible spawns in the entire map in a constantly CC'd state while keeping them from killing each other is an amusing gimmick, and it can be useful in radiation effect sorties, where you can chase allies around and heal them by emptying mags into the back of their head.

In general, it's indeed, quite useless, but I still really enjoy that it exists.

Wow that RNG is just wrong unless you want to have a way to heal allies/enemies alike with your weapons?  Hmmm does anyone know how our Chinese Twin Brother of Warframe, "Star Armor" are doing with all this RNG added I can't help to think they would love this, most games I play from from their country are this grindy... and that's why we are getting so much of it here on the West, maybe? 

Edited by 0zryel

I do not see  much point to Riven mods.I mean what is actually their purpose?Some say they are here to make cool but not very useful weapons good but then again we have a limit of 15 riven mods and everyone is after soma,simulor,cernos mods...It's more likely that they exist to make OP weapons even more OP.

On 4.12.2016 at 10:53 AM, ZavarkaGovna said:

Just have a laugh and reroll. What's the problem?

It would be a lot more boring if you would always got something good.

4 riven mods open, all S#&amp;&#036;. Reroll, even more S#&amp;&#036;.

"It would be boring", you haven't even opened em don't ya?

On 12/5/2016 at 11:10 PM, Pinkkifantti said:

4 riven mods open, all S#&amp;&#036;. Reroll, even more S#&amp;&#036;.

"It would be boring", you haven't even opened em don't ya?

I have 11 of them for different weapons. ~90% of rerolls you'll get S#&amp;&#036;/mediocre, but other times you get something good that you can push for 200-500 plat or just straight use it if you like the gun. I'm totally fine with how things are.