The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A worry. Rescource farming and the future

arch111

Hi fellow Tenno.

I am worried. Worried for the future of Warframe and the growing number of materials and the growing time we must dedicate to finding them.

It allmost feels like we fight to get rescources - like the action is becoming second to farming.

Why is that a problem? Because I am worried the next step for the Tenno and their warframes is to farm Focus and kuva in addition to a new rescource DE will invent when Umbra,  new Sentients and other enemies show up.

I worry because we allready have a fair number of these needed rescources like Nitain, and the systems that uses them keep adding Time as a Gate to increase gameplay and active playing time.

When Kuva was added I felt I didn't have time to bother with it. I allready farm Syndicates for Relics and mods, level weapons and warframes,  farm Relics,  Traces, Nitain and Prime parts as well as the usual materials we all need for Modding and Crafting.

What is your opinion on farming?  So you think its fine and more farming will not bother you, or do you think there is a limit where its too much?

generally speaking i don't farm with a specific goal in mind , i just accept what the mission gets me witch makes me plan carrefully what to build.

I do however see your point , its like the missions are just added as a nuicance to get  what you want for some tenno. But not for me , for me its the journey to what i want to build that counts and gives me sattisfaction when i finnaly get  that weapon or frame i want to build.

Edited by Drbananas
did'nt finisch my sentence

For the most part I don't need to farm anything because I'm drowning in every resource except nitain and kuva. Argon is a quick 20 or so minutes to grab as needed if I don't already have some stocked up.

I will say this though, i think it would be a mistake for DE to add too many new resources. At a certain point you've gotta start utilising what you already have and not adding more to increase time gating. Its not a bad thing, but there are other ways to moderate player progress other then RNG and farm walls. Difficulty being one, but thetas a whole other beast. personally though, I think we have a long way to go before I'd be worried. Plenty of other games out there with way more resources with a stupid amount of catches and gimmiks.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

7 minutes ago, Drbananas said:

generally speaking i don't farm with a specific goal in mind , i just accept what the mission gets me witch makes me plan carrefully what to build.

I do however see your point , its like the missions are just added as a nuicance to get  what you want for some tenno. But not for me , for me its the journey to what i want to build that counts and gives me sattisfaction when i finnaly get  that weapon or frame i want to build.

I feel the same way, I pace myself and have not had a big burnout thanks to that yet.

If the game forces you to only farm to progress tjough? Kuva is only on a few nodes. It is required in large amounts.

The Focus will get a rework for Operators soon. I bet we will need kuva for that too, maby a scarce mat too tied to time or rng since that is the pattern.

That's not take what you get. That's what causes burnout if you are bot careful.

most of them will all just become useless very soon anyways

there's only 3 useful ones and that's those two things you use to make forma and kuva

my day goes like this, do six syndicate mission, do sortie, do 10k kuva... do I want to play anymore? nope, next day

10 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

For the most part I don't need to farm anything because I'm drowning in every resource except nitain and kuva. Argon is a quick 20 or so minutes to grab as needed if I don't already have some stocked up.

I will say this though, i think it would be a mistake for DE to add too many new resources. At a certain point you've gotta start utilising what you already have and not adding more to increase time gating.

This. We have so many Resources that aren't even used for anything right now, and i think DE even said they want to get some kind of use for them, but they haven't showed anything yet.

Not to be a troll or anything, but I've seen multiple times where people complain about ______ Mods and kuva farming. 

What people fail to realize is that ______ Mods and Kuva farming was their answer to Veteran END GAME content (Quoted right from their DEV stream)

So to you newer players. Please don't worry about them .. and just collect them for later.

Me as a player, has built every weapon in game except for 2 and completed all other content. So currently I quite enjoy the new ______ Mod system as it allows me to relook at some of the older weapons i didn't feel like doing anything with. It gives me other opportunity to continue playing with something to farm and I can honestly say the DE nailed it perfectly.

Edited by Deger27

..I mean warframe is all about grinding.  the only other thing is the base gameplay.  If grinding is something as a concept you don't enjoy you probably shouldn't be playing warframe.  Personally I don't care about new resources.  Only one that's annoyed me so far is nitian specifically because it's not farmable.  I don't even play warframe everyday and as a solo player I never have a resource problem.  If I want something specific I can get it usually within a weeks time.

7 minutes ago, Deger27 said:

Not to be a troll or anything, but I've seen multiple times where people complain about ______ Mods and kuva farming. 

What people fail to realize is that ______ Mods and Kuva farming was their answer to Veteran END GAME content (Quoted right from their DEV stream)

So to you newer players. Please don't worry about them .. and just collect them for later.

Me as a player, has built every weapon in game except for 2 and completed all other content. So currently I quite enjoy the new ______ Mod system as it allows me to relook at some of the older weapons i didn't feel like doing anything with. It gives me other opportunity to continue playing with something to farm and I can honestly say the DE nailed it perfectly.

That's good for you then. Glad you like what DE did in this case.

Can you feel the new guys though? When they understand that they will need to spend a very long time just hunting rescources and fighting RNG, how many will stick around? 

I have been here through it all, so I have gotten used to it. 

34 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I will say this though, i think it would be a mistake for DE to add too many new resources. At a certain point you've gotta start utilising what you already have and not adding more to increase time gating. Its not a bad thing, but there are other ways to moderate player progress other then RNG and farm walls. Difficulty being one, but thetas a whole other beast. personally though, I think we have a long way to go before I'd be worried. Plenty of other games out there with way more resources with a stupid amount of catches and gimmiks.

Fair point. I have this nightmarish image of Operators needing to farm ridiculus amounts of RNG and timegating stuff to level and that this will be the real endgame.

I am still questioning the invention of Riven too. Good intentions but unsure consequenses.

33 minutes ago, Extroah said:

This. We have so many Resources that aren't even used for anything right now, and i think DE even said they want to get some kind of use for them, but they haven't showed anything yet.

Well, they did let you buy big piedestals for your ship, right?

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

Well, they did let you buy big piedestals for your ship, right?

Yeah, but we also have Nav Coordinates and other Resources that have no use or barely any use. Those could be used to build stuff instead of adding even more Resources.

2 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Yeah, but we also have Nav Coordinates and other Resources that have no use or barely any use. Those could be used to build stuff instead of adding even more Resources.

You will fly through your Nav Coordinates once you get into vault farming. All resources have their purpose

Rivens are not end game. The weapons and mods I have on weapons like soma do not need more power creep. DEs attempt just breeds power creep mentality and huge plat sales because soma and simulor mods are around 4k plat depending on its stats. I will never farm kuva after finishing the weapons that need it UNLESS I get a mod for an almost top tier weapon that could use it and not sacrifice my build. Trade chat is so bad after U19 :/

27 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

Rivens are not end game. The weapons and mods I have on weapons like soma do not need more power creep. DEs attempt just breeds power creep mentality and huge plat sales because soma and simulor mods are around 4k plat depending on its stats. I will never farm kuva after finishing the weapons that need it UNLESS I get a mod for an almost top tier weapon that could use it and not sacrifice my build. Trade chat is so bad after U19 :/

I am under the impression that Riven is to make people use old or bad weapons.

Naturally,  people mod their best weapons to be monsters. That's human nature.

48 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Long time players have no use for resources, other than kuva.

1900 hours on my account.  I have no oxium and no cryotic.  15 Tellurium, 2 million nanospores.  I have a couple hundred kuva left.  Funding my dojo last month, I ran out of poly bundles.  (I'm up to 50k now thanks to extractors)

It's great that YOU have farmed over 100k cryotic, and 60k oxium but as a 3 year veteran, there are resources I desperately need, and I guarantee I've only farmed the minimum amount of oxium needed.

I don't enjoy high level excavations, enemies get too tanky too fast, and I despise nullifiers.  I'm a vocal minority when I say that the problem is the difficulty is too high and the rewards too miniscule for the annoyance level to be worth it.  If my 3 forma Soma Prime takes more than 20 bullets to kill, I'd rather not bother with that enemy or that mission.

9 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

The only difference between grinding and farming is the implied negativity of grinding, functionally they're the same thing.

I  can run missions more casually farming what they give me.

If I really need cryotic or rare mats, that require grinding.

So to me yes there exist a difference. 

3 hours ago, arch111 said:

What is your opinion on farming?  So you think its fine and more farming will not bother you, or do you think there is a limit where its too much?

Veterans usually have massive quantities of older resources and DE does their best to slow item acquisition down.  The idea is simple, when players play for longer periods of time they're more inclined to spend money in order to sidestep time walls.  It isn't elegant, but it works.  DE will continue bringing new resources into the game no matter what we say or suggest, it's an effective hamster wheel mechanic to generate profits.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

20 minutes ago, EvilKam said:

1900 hours on my account.  I have no oxium and no cryotic.  15 Tellurium, 2 million nanospores.  I have a couple hundred kuva left.  Funding my dojo last month, I ran out of poly bundles.  (I'm up to 50k now thanks to extractors)

It's great that YOU have farmed over 100k cryotic, and 60k oxium but as a 3 year veteran, there are resources I desperately need, and I guarantee I've only farmed the minimum amount of oxium needed.

I don't enjoy high level excavations, enemies get too tanky too fast, and I despise nullifiers.  I'm a vocal minority when I say that the problem is the difficulty is too high and the rewards too miniscule for the annoyance level to be worth it.  If my 3 forma Soma Prime takes more than 20 bullets to kill, I'd rather not bother with that enemy or that mission.

Then I really don't know what you are doing when you are online. I'm not even farming for resources, it all comes naturally from playing.

its hard to balance the excessive resources vets have and what should be a reasonable goal for new players.

also- it gives us reasons to play. Thats all their is to this game, reasons to farm and keep playing. 

personally, i think they should implement a cap and how much resources we can store, then give us vets some cosmetic resource sinks to use them on.