Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[FIXED] Sortie - Kuva Fortress Defense

Mattoropael

I can second this post. Our defense operative wanders into the toxin cloud generators and circles them like he is sniffing them to get high. Revive after revive, even Limbo doesn't help protect him. We had to bring Nezha to plant cleanse-fire under his arse at all times. Not because of our own performance, but because our operative is a moron purposely huffing toxin clouds.

The operative is immune to traps maybe. Ours stood in lightning the whole time and didn't take damage. (We had an EV trin, but I didn't see her blessing all the time or the operatives health going down while standing in traps.)

Was anyone else's flamethrower trap invisible?!

2 hours ago, Yuni_Hermit said:

I can second this post. Our defense operative wanders into the toxin cloud generators and circles them like he is sniffing them to get high. Revive after revive, even Limbo doesn't help protect him. We had to bring Nezha to plant cleanse-fire under his arse at all times. Not because of our own performance, but because our operative is a moron purposely huffing toxin clouds.

I can third this, as I ran Valk in this mission with Yuni

and even then Nezha's Fire Walk didn't seem to help too much as it appeared to be just straight-damage rather than a Proc...

Honestly something I found total crap was the fact that I couldn't Ripline the Operative away from the gas chambers, we had to just let him waltz around like a lemming (which don't actually kill themselves I know)

Hysteria, Divine Spears, and Iron Skin saved our asses in that mission IMO, though your Limbo's Banish, while not protecting against the Gas Chamber, certainly did help versus all those Eximus Radial fireblasts and all those grineer ganging up on the Hostage... screw that mission so hard. at least we got a Riven out of it

22 minutes ago, TonyWong said:

The operative is immune to traps maybe. Ours stood in lightning the whole time and didn't take damage. (We had an EV trin, but I didn't see her blessing all the time or the operatives health going down while standing in traps.)

Was anyone else's flamethrower trap invisible?!

I also got invisible flame traps on my second attempt.

One easy way to do this is have a Limbo put operative and himself into the rift and just sit there and babysit the operative if you stand in his way he can't go anywhere and you can control where he goes so just keep in mind where are the traps at and guide him wherever there aren't any I just did it this way and it was pretty easy but it sucks that your team kinda has to carry you because you can barely do anything apart from babysitting the operative.

9 hours ago, Chimpers007 said:

Also played with Limbo and the operator did not get any environmental damage what so ever.

We had a limbo the first time, and the toxic clouds killed both limbo and the operative, regardless of rift status. He stood in the cloud for 4 or 5 waves, and the cloud wouldn't go away. We ended up failing after rezzing him like 8 times. Tried again with 2 trinities and had no problems, mainly because the operative decided not to stand in the middle of the toxic cloud this time.

I think they should just make it a regular defense mission on that tile, instead of the operative. There's no other way to fix it that's reasonable. The sad thing is I've played that mission outside of sorties and I loved it. I think the tileset is really cool. I just don't want to defend an operative there.

Since I knew the map, I decided to play Trin and my friend went with Loki. Were teamed with a Frost and Limbo. My friend teleported the Operative to the starting area and the Limbo babysat him.

It reminds me of the time when we failed a radiation hazard sortie defense on Mars. Next round my friend teleported him to the beginning and up the stairs, and protected him. Didn't stop the guy from jumping down the stairs into a crowd of enemies multiple times. A funny memory now. :)

I do think that Sorties should encourage out-of-the-box thinking to solve such situations. But the operators should NOT try to actively kill themselves by stepping into gas/radiation/... clouds or try fighting hords of enemies without a weapon. He should at least try to find cover and stay alive.

Took me three tries and a nice stack of energy/health restores to complete this nonsense of a mission.

Operative wandering off into traps is total BS (and I don't mean Bladestorm), so is "must bring a frame that can keep this suicidal lemming disguised as a defense target from walking into traps". Oh and having to search every nook and cranny for Grineer that got literally lost somewhere up on those catwalks is not fun either. Kuva Fortress defense either needs serious work or it's better to remove it from Sortie list for now. 

22 hours ago, Catacomb said:

Does limbo not work?

No, environmental damage seeps through the Rift. I thought it would work, but the operative decided to take a nap in the gas chamber for 5+ waves and we had to revive him 20+ times before we all said "f*** this, let's leave".

On 12/9/2016 at 6:10 PM, UvBenServed said:

Maybe the toxic clouds are currently bugged? I'm pretty sure there have been issues in the past with limbo and allies unintentionally taking environmental damage while in the rift. But when I did the sortie mission, our operative and the Limbo on our team were staying alive a lot more than the rest of us. Maybe they would have taken damage from the toxic clouds, but the other traps didn't seem to be doing anything to them.

i was limbo in that mission.

somehow operative outlived me a few times.

i got burned to death a few times while revive other players on the invisible fire platform. i still dont know where the fire coming from...

On 12/11/2016 at 0:47 AM, Blink.Ensu said:

Practically unfinishable. You need luck on your side unless you bring something that can move the operator. Having to defend from bad AI is a broken game mode.

Operative movement control techniques/abilities, Trinity, tank frames for reviving, take one or more.

It's not unfinishable if you know what to expect, but that doesn't make it any less unfair.

• 3 months later...
On 12/10/2016 at 1:59 AM, Miszt said:

Yea that one was really frustrating. After countless death of teammates and operatives, our Nova managed to cage him into a backroom that had no traps via portals.

Hide contents

5ARfkTg.jpg

Good to see a PORTAL player out there! xD Thinking with portals!