Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea for the upcoming Secondary Riven mods.

Multicom-EN-

Instead of replacing Primary Riven mods (See latest Devstream), why not just allow us to select what we want the Riven mod for once we earn it? 

Say I do the Sortie, get a Riven. Why should we then not be able to select if we want it for Primary or Secondary? 

All I'm asking for is to simplify it. Don't toss in more BS than there already is. Please.

Edited by Multicom-EN-

I was a little worried about that yeah, I'd already been selling anything of value I had so I could grab all the primaries I wanted before they become half as common per say.

Heck, I got three rivens to roll for my Dera and hope at least one gets damage bonus without negative status/multishot. I've rolled about 15 times on them so far, not looking great.

At the same time I can't wait though, rivens made my Flux Rifle and Prisma Tetra pretty awesome, now I want to try them on my Spectra and Dual Cestras.

I do concur that allowing us to pick between a Rifle/Pistol Riven when we earn one at the end of a Sortie is a great idea.
But, why not remove one of the useless Sorties drops in favor of the Pistol... excuse me... Secondary Rivens? (Like Forma, which is rare for some reason. Or the Nitain Extracts)

We don't really need that stuff polluting the drop tables, when we can easily earn them from Fissure missions/Alerts quite easily.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I do concur that allowing us to pick between a Rifle/Pistol Riven when we earn one at the end of a Sortie is a great idea.
But, why not remove one of the useless Sorties drops in favor of the Pistol Rivens? (Like Forma, which is rare for some reason. Or the Nitain Extracts)

We don't really need that stuff polluting the drop tables, when we can easily earn them from Fissure missions/Alerts quite easily.

Fair point.

4 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

But, why not remove one of the useless Sorties drops in favor of the Pistol... excuse me... Secondary Rivens? (Like Forma, which is rare for some reason. Or the Nitain Extracts)

Nix the Formas, we already get enough opportunities from relics and the odd alert... Nitains are harder to get... they're referred to as Alertium for a reason, after all.

5 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Nix the Formas, we already get enough opportunities from relics and the odd alert... Nitains are harder to get... they're referred to as Alertium for a reason, after all.

True, but they are obtainable from more than just alerts. If I recall, Sabotage missions have a small chance of dropping them. I'm just saying if they drop somewhere else, such as alerts and sabotages, why let Nitain take a place in Sorties that could be used for newer Rivens? When Sorties are the only place that can drop them currently.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

10 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

The problem with Nitain is that once you have enough and start getting a surplus, it's useless. DE probably won't release something that takes 50 Nitain because it'll infuriate the player base, and the general solution to resource inflation has been new resources (Nitain, Kuva, Void Traces, new Plant scans). 

Player in sorties may not want Nitain because it's useless to them. I have 130+ of the stuff and a roll of Nitain is worthless to me. I DO support making it more available, just NOT in sorties. Put it somewhere else where you are deliberately trying to get it so it doesn't have a chance of being a bad roll for the people who do not want it there at all.

I don't have a problem with having Rifle and Secondary in the same reward table.

They said we'd be disappointed about getting a Rifle over Secondary but I don't see that.

Considering you could get an awful Riven of either type. The disappointment is there regardless.

This is besides that you might get 1 Riven every 10 runs for a supposed Common drop.

Disappointment is synonymous with Sorties.

What I can think of is that, in the Reward Table in the Sortie, There are two Riven Mods ( Pistol and Rifle) which would also replace the other rewards that may found useless to us or we can have one Riven Mod and let RNG handle which type of Riven Mod we can get (either Pistol or Rifle). Those are just my ideas and feel free to judge.

I like this idea of selecting riven for which type of weapon after we get it in sortie. There are players that play mostly with primaries only and opposite. There are also players that don't play much or simply aren't lucky enough to have a lot of or at leas some primary riven mods and you would just cut them out from possibility to get them for some time till you release them again.

Another option would be to link the assignment of the weapon type with the unveiling: If you put the Riven mod into a Secondary weapon and unveil it, then it becomes a Secondary Riven Mod. If you use a Rifle, then the mod becomes a Rifle Riven Mod. And so on.

31 minutes ago, tsoa said:

Another option would be to link the assignment of the weapon type with the unveiling: If you put the Riven mod into a Secondary weapon and unveil it, then it becomes a Secondary Riven Mod. If you use a Rifle, then the mod becomes a Rifle Riven Mod. And so on.

I like this. It is even possible to add the melee mods, eventually when they release it.

Seriously, with the amount of rng to get the mod you want, for the weapon you want and if you add on top of that the category.... That will be just too much.

Another option is the so much player's requested token system to trade for what you want. No more 2k endo or lenses finally 😀. Hopefully DE will consider some of the ideas discussed here

7 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

inb4 someone says "coz DE wants munee xd"

I don't get why they can't just add both.

In fact, forget the token system. You can even keep the 15 mods limit. Just turn the Sortie missions into ABC rotations, so it would be like this:

Sortie Mission #1 -- Rotation A

Sortie Mission #2 -- Rotation B

Sortie Mission #3 -- Rotation C

• 2000 Endo
  • Secondary Riven Mod
  • Rifle Riven Mod
  • Focus Lens
  • 4000 Endo
  • 3d Booster
  • x3 Nitain
  • Greater Focus Lens
  • Tomato BP
  • Forma
  • Bluetato BP
  • Goldato BP
  • Legendary Core

Adjust reward-%s for each rotation and voila! The RNG is still here, the chances of getting something specific are still RNG'd, but this time you'll actually get rewarded(!) for doing Sortie w/o seeing a mid-finger for getting Lens/Nitain/2k Endo day after day not even seeing a Riven mod. You will get a reward for each Sortie mission you complete.

Own experience: before Sortie changes I was getting a RIven mod in 8/10 times I ran Sortie, after Sortie update I was getting anything but a Riven mod (3 times in a row for 2k Endo, then 4k Endo, then Lens, then a Greater one, then Potato... finally got a Riven 2 days ago).

Edited by Thundervision

I like the idea of making the veiled rivens generic and allowing the player to decide what gun they're for.  

DE seems to think that all anyone would make rivens for is the meta weapons, if they could.  But, the truth of the matter is that there are a lot of players who's favorite guns are nowhere near meta level and desperately want rivens for them.  

Yeah, people would probably start out making a lot of tonkor mods.  The price of tonkor mods would drop through the floor by virtue of the stupid high supply.  People would get bored of running the tonkor and decide to make mods for other guns, knowing there are great possibilities with higher dispositions.  

Personally, I want rivens for my shotguns, and that's not even gonna happen until long after secondaries are released...  Meanwhile the dream of my 100% status drakgoon lives on.

What if we didn't get "Rifle" or "secondary" Riven mods but instead we get a general Riven mod? Like say we wanted a Riven mod for rifles we would equip it on a rifle primary and after we do the challenge the mod is unveiled to be a random rifle mod but say we wanted a secondary mod we would just equip it on a secondary and the same thing would happen. 

Tbh I want them to wait until we also have melee rivens and just have them completely cover the gold sortie rewards. So getting a gold drop means a guaranteed riven just you wont know what type until extraction.

I know that sounds crazy, holding off something like this until rivens are fully implemented to the main three weapon types but its really not a huge requirement right now and would rather wait until it actually serves a purpose in sorties than have it replace something else worthwhile in that table.

Why not keep both and let us pick if we win one?

Like in that one commercial about soft tacos and hard tacos! XD

This is a better idea than the idea of removing all rifle Riven mods and replacing them with secondary Riven mods. It would be more work for DE to reinstate the other riven types after they've removed them.

Just keep them as obtainables even after the new rivens come out, it'll save the team time and effort.