Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino 8.3: Feedback Thread

[DE]Rebecca

If the concern is that the fixed damage buffer will run out vs high level mobs, then I propose that they institute a minimum duration timer. It'll be shorter than the old timer, but long enough to be useful and at least set a reliable minimum duration, so players aren't caught with their pants down.

nooo ... i want the radial blast back.... that was my fav. skill with rhino.. ive used it 50 times or more in missions... and the roar doesnt helps me in solo runs.

for me.. its useless. now i need to wait for the stump and it costs more energy and i cant use it in air... so i cant use the skill all the time... why u just added the roar skill and let the player choose 

Edited by R4F_Malik

His new power and ult change seem cool, but why not do a percent damage reduction instead of a damage cap on iron skin?

As a non-rhino player who groups with a rhino player I kept telling him to just hang tight that DE would rework rhino soon. I agree w/ the combo of the 2 powers to form a more fitting ultimate but rhino skin needs a % reduction again to be useful. A flat damage absorb ability is never going to be useful in higher tier content.

Rhino's roar should give some kind of glow so we know its active and it should instill fear into my enemies!!! If I roar and there are enemies right on me (melee range) they should flee. That'd be some sweet &#! crowd control. A taunt and a fear.

Edited by Sheetaki

S4!t.

And I failed to pick up a Rhino after I reset.  Figures that he'd now do something more amazing and playable.

I'm happy for Rhino players.  This seems to be a good fit to the play-style I've seen that Warframe instill in it's Tenno.  Not too sure how I feel about the way it works, but whatever, right?  I didn't go in for that whole "slow as balls and heavy as a bus full of lead" feel Rhino had going.  I always thought he needed more armor and combat ability, as the Frost outclassed him so thoroughly.  I hope he has the highest armor rating now, because he still needs more ability to take abuse.  That is his thing, after all.

New ability spread looks much better.  I'm particularly pleased to see the Stomp roll into Radial Blast.  When I ran a Rhino I thought those two seemed to need to be part of the same thing.  It felt like a move had been split in half.  Glad to see that remedied.

The roar sounds good.  Going to need to see it in action.

I always thought Iron Skin should cause armor plates to grow on the Rhino, and that they'd be shot off a piece at a time.  This is just a visual tweak away from being exactly what I'd hoped for anyway, so I'm good with it.

So far I'm loving the changes

Rhino Charge: Graphical change which is nice :3
I recently discovered it is Identical to Slash Dash but Slash Dash does less damage but ignores grineer armor (since I have a fully leveled SD and it usually one shots grineer...RC does not.)
I feel like Rhino Charge should do BLUNT Damage much like how Fraggor is. It makes sense. Your charging and BAM BLUNT FORCE!!

One thing though is that CONTINUITY Affects the range of the charge and since the Iron Skin Buff I have no use for Continuity and to affect 1 mod is ludicrous. Have it affected by STRETCH So I don't have to waste a TIME Duration a charge ability and use the mod for another frame that needs it like Trinity or Ash.

Iron Skin: No more duration = more mod space and the increase to damage absorption is great! Adding a Focus is also good but as a lot of people say it's useless against higher level mobs. Now this only really applies to Defense missions but look at it this way.
Ash can dissapear and take no damage loki too
Frost makes a massive shield protecting against all projectile damage

Nyx can make enemies fight each other and focus on themselves than her (Or your group)

The buff to Iron Skin is Nice. But it really isn't a "FIX" in terms of how Defense mission End game (As of now it's the only End Game.)

Roar: Yes! 1000X Yes! I feel great doing a roar and having all my weapons and abilities do a whopping 50% extra damage! It's very nice! Pop Roar run in and decimate some fools.
Although I would love to see some type of glow effect or an aura to show that you have the buff up.

Rhino Stomp: Wonderful! Combining Radial Blast and Stomp was a good idea makes it a very nice 4th.. I do think that it should have Blunt damage to be more effective against Grineer since Radial Javelin and Bladestorm do tons of damage to Infested. Would balance out Rhino to be more effective against grineer

I love playing Rhino! My favorite Warframe! He's Big Bulky and can wreck everything! Loving the changes so far though and with it Just Forma'd my Rhino I did another D slot which I regret >_> considering that now with the changes I can make a full damage Rhino with
Rage
Focus
Stretch
Rejuv Artifact

So my post in a nutshell
Love the changes
Change his damage abilities to deal BLUNT Damage instead of SLASHING Damage like Ash and Excalibur.
Continuity is not needed for Rhino, Change Charge to use Stretch (Same goes for Excalibur)

Thanks for reading! :D

Edited by MetroidHunter26

Thank you for ruining Rhino and ripping off the best Rhino Skill (Radial Blast) !
In return you give us what... a damage Buff for others in Range ? Well, i can't remind of a single game when someone stay's near a slomo Rhino by choice. Everyone is rushing like headless Chickens...
However. You should've taken the most useless Skill in Warframe 'Rhino Stomp' in exchange for the new Skill...

Anyway. I'm very disappointed and sad that you took the best Skill from Rhino and give us .... well.... this!

Did i said that i'm disappointed ?.. OK i AM :(  Roar is not what i paid for, so here is my
VETO

p.s. this is my personal opinion. you dont have to accept with it, nor you dont need to flame it. thx

Thank you for ruining Rhino and ripping off the best Rhino Skill (Radial Blast) !

In return you give us what... a damage Buff for others in Range ? Well, i can't remind of a single game when someone stay's near a slomo Rhino by choice. Everyone is rushing like headless Chickens...

However. You should've taken the most useless Skill in Warframe 'Rhino Stomp' in exchange for the new Skill...

Anyway. I'm very disappointed and sad that you took the best Skill from Rhino and give us .... well.... this!

Did i said that i'm disappointed ?.. OK i AM :(  Roar is not what i paid for, so here is my

VETO

p.s. this is my personal opinion. you dont have to accept with it, nor you dont need to flame it. thx

You seem to be missing a lot of things, such as Rhino Stomp's armor ignore effect, which radial blast didn't have before, as well as it's 20m range. (and 10 second immobilize for anything that manages to survive). Also, roar is incredibly overpowered due to a certain bug. Have fun guessing what it is.

You seem to be missing a lot of things, such as Rhino Stomp's armor ignore effect, which radial blast didn't have before, as well as it's 20m range. (and 10 second immobilize for anything that manages to survive). Also, roar is incredibly overpowered due to a certain bug. Have fun guessing what it is.

No i dont miss anything. It's my personal choice to like Radial Blast and to disklige Roar alot. Also i dont' use rhino stomp at all. It's useless. I don't need "time-bonus". I need a skill where i can get rid of a bunch of small enemies interupting me, not making them fly around no getting harmed (And thats the case most of the time). Thats the reason why Radial Blast was perfect for my playstyle and thats why i bought the Frame. Now i can flush it somewhere. gladly your frame is not getting nerfed hm?

Just played some defense missions and Rhino was basically turned into a caster frame that only casts his fourth ability and you need a lot of energy for that.

Did cast Charge and Roar a few times but on the higher waves i wasnt going to spend any energy on anything outside of Stomp.

This dude now really needs flow/streamline

No i dont miss anything. It's my personal choice to like Radial Blast and to disklige Roar alot. Also i dont' use rhino stomp at all. It's useless. I don't need "time-bonus". I need a skill where i can get rid of a bunch of small enemies interupting me, not making them fly around no getting harmed (And thats the case most of the time). Thats the reason why Radial Blast was perfect for my playstyle and thats why i bought the Frame. Now i can flush it somewhere. gladly your frame is not getting nerfed hm?

You know Rhino Stomp does 800 armor ignore damage in a 20 meter range right? That's enough to wipe out the entire map on Kiste. Oh, and it's affected by Roar, Focus, and Stretch. It's far better than either skill ever was before. Heck, Rhino Stomp can compete with Saryn's Miasma. I play rhino.

Friendly Torid clouds deal damage to Iron Skin. I am not sure about your own Torid clouds.

Yeah, this bug seriously needs to be fixed. Melee attacks that can hit multiple targets can also break a teammates Iron skin, for example, heavy weapon charge attacks. As well as Ogris, which can one shot it.

Here's the way you should fix Iron Skin.

Apparently Ember's Overheat is perfectly balanced:

* 50 Energy

* 70% Damage reduction (Increased to 91% with Focus)

* 100 Damage per second AoE

* 13 Second duration (Increased to ~17s with Continuity)

* Immune to Disruption

* Not Immune to Knockdown/Stun

And Frost's Snow Globe is also balanced:

* 50 Energy

* 30 Second duration (Increased to 39 with Continuity)

* Radius of 10m (Increased to 14.5 with Stretch)

* Slowed (Frozen) mobs inside the globe

* Constant immunity from outside fire/projectiles

So, seeing as how these are the two most powerful influences in defense currently available, let's balance Iron Skin to the same degree. I think the skill should look something like this:

Iron Skin:

* 50 Energy

* 10 Second duration (increased to 13 with Continuity)

* 70% Damage reduction from melee (increased to 91% with Focus)

* Attracts nearby ranged fire

* Reflects all projectile attacks; blocks allies ranged projectiles as well

* Immune to Knockdown/Stun but not Disruption

I would say that's pretty fair. Not as offensive as Ember, not as "area wide" as Frost. Just enough personal defense to withstand a tough fight longer than any other frame without a "God Mode".

and that what IS should be - i was thinking of staying with the dmg cap with percentage reduction (30% or so would be fine) and scaling with his armor

You know Rhino Stomp does 800 armor ignore damage in a 20 meter range right? That's enough to wipe out the entire map on Kiste. Oh, and it's affected by Roar, Focus, and Stretch. It's far better than either skill ever was before. Heck, Rhino Stomp can compete with Saryn's Miasma. I play rhino.

In terms of energy efficiency no.

But I like standing around spamming souped up rockets though.

Yeah, this bug seriously needs to be fixed. Melee attacks that can hit multiple targets can also break a teammates Iron skin, for example, heavy weapon charge attacks. As well as Ogris, which can one shot it.

it's not JUST special damage. Just shoot the guy with iron skin. In about 10 shots i can completely kill my friend's fresh iron skin cast. ALL damage is tallied by iron skin. This is absolutely $&*&*#(%&. How could this be put out? You can't tell me that in the testing you MUST have done, DE, that not ONE of you tried SHOOTING it to see what happens?

he BLEEDS.  Come on!

it's not JUST special damage. Just shoot the guy with iron skin. In about 10 shots i can completely kill my friend's fresh iron skin cast. ALL damage is tallied by iron skin. This is absolutely $&*&*#(%&. How could this be put out? You can't tell me that in the testing you MUST have done, DE, that not ONE of you tried SHOOTING it to see what happens?

he BLEEDS.  Come on!

Bullets break it too? I've only tried hitting iron skin with despair, which didn't seem to break it. But if all normal bullets can hit it, that's even worse.

I love the ultimate change(not sure about the damage for high level content but having damage on it is useful), simply because it combined two sub-par powers into one power that is now at least useful!

Roar: Great stuff! I love it! Great to combo with Volt now! One major gripe, it needs a visual effect. If I want to keep it up for a boss battle I can't tell when the duration ends or which teammates it's in effect upon. Definitely needs a glow of some sort to show its working. Probalby same thing with Volt.

Iron Skin: I love the removal of the timer, I actually feel super tough again. That said, it doesn't scale at all, so it does have a maximum potential of use. I do like that earlier fellows idea of letting it act like armor for shields. That would be pretty great, better yet instead of a duration have it as a energy upkeep sort of thing. While on, reduces max energy by 50 or 25% or somesuch.

edit- Updated roar feedback.

Edited by Virilitas