Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When your favorite weapon has strong riven disposition

Spiritfarer

Supra. the Riven i got for it gave like +50% Fire rate, -40% Recoil, and +45%Reload speed. that thing was a monster. rolled it to try and get some better stats. now I'm sitting on 125% Multishot, 3.1m Punchthrough and -30% zoom. hoping to get +Dmg, Multishot , Status chance and/or any of the stats previously mentioned. 

latest?cb=20130530153929

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

Supra. the Riven i got for it gave like +50% Fire rate, -40% Recoil, and +45%Reload speed. that thing was a monster. rolled it to try and get some better stats. now I'm sitting on 125% Multishot, 3.1m Punchthrough and -30% zoom. hoping to get +Dmg, Multishot , Status chance and/or any of the stats previously mentioned. 

latest?cb=20130530153929

Yes... For all their faults rivens do seem like a good way to give less common weapons some love.

I'm kind of pondering if I should reroll the penta one to try to get rid of the ammo thing, or just run it with carrier and settle for what I have... never really struggled for ammo even with an unranked sniper ammo mutation, back when that was a thing, so not too worried about it. The multishot and damage though...

anyways, good luck with the supra mod!

4 minutes ago, AllSystemsGo said:

Yes... For all their faults rivens do seem like a good way to give less common weapons some love.

I'm kind of pondering if I should reroll the penta one to try to get rid of the ammo thing, or just run it with carrier and settle for what I have... never really struggled for ammo even with an unranked sniper ammo mutation, back when that was a thing, so not too worried about it. The multishot and damage though...

anyways, good luck with the supra mod!

agreed

You can always roll the Riven and keep your current stats if the new ones are unfavorable.

Impressive Penta roll there...5th cycle in, still nothing particularly impressive yet.

Other hand, I've got a Grinlok Riven which is giving me 121~% Fire and 194~% Crit chance at the moment. It's...pretty nice.

Could certainly go for a Vulkar and Latron Riven. And come the Secondary Rivens...Sicarus Prime Riven. I will be...speechless if it turns out that it doesn't have a Strong Disposition.

1 minute ago, Blakrana said:

Sicarus Prime Riven. I will be...speechless if it turns out that it doesn't have a Strong Disposition.

they will come up with a new Disposition just for the Sicarus. Godly

But real talk, its a shame that the older prime weapons suffer from being overshadowed by MR5 weapons that can be bought in the market

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

agreed

You can always roll the Riven and keep your current stats if the new ones are unfavorable.

32 minutes ago, Kidkilla said:

And with the Kuva flood alerts, re rolling is now less of a risk.

I also have tens of thousands of kuva banked (went farming with friends but I didn't have any riven mods for a while)... but I'm just wondering if I should save it for other mods down the road, especially if I get one for a weapon I like with weak disposition...

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

when launchers like the Tonkor and Simulor exist, you can see why the Penta has a strong disposition

And... with this multishot, I won't even be able to fire twice before I have to wait for the grenades to fly over to the enemies and detonate them.

Edited by AllSystemsGo

2 minutes ago, AllSystemsGo said:

I also have tens of thousands of kuva banked (went farming with friends but I didn't have any riven mods for a while)... but I'm just wondering if I should save it for other mods down the road, especially if I get one for a weapon I like with weak disposition...

I've been thinking of getting a 30 day resource doubler and just going to town on the kuva missions and stocking up on it.

The re-roll cost can get kinda expensive, so i would hold onto some of it and probably stop rolling the Penta mod at 15 rolls or so and move on and return to it later when you get some extra time and no other Rivens to play with. Keep up on your sorties and you'll get some Rivens, or you could trade for them (whether it's for plat or 1:1 trade like Tonkor for Simulor or something)

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

I've been thinking of getting a 30 day resource doubler and just going to town on the kuva missions and stocking up on it.

The re-roll cost can get kinda expensive, so i would hold onto some of it and probably stop rolling the Penta mod at 15 rolls or so and move on and return to it later when you get some extra time and no other Rivens to play with. Keep up on your sorties and you'll get some Rivens, or you could trade for them (whether it's for plat or 1:1 trade like Tonkor for Simulor or something)

Yes, I think I'll do that.

TBH I don't want a simulor riven at all. I've had a few friends that try to reroll those meta weapon rivens endless and just keep getting bad stats (erm, they're how I got all that kuva xD), but... that just seems to be a path of frustration. Turning less common weapons into something nice... For me, personally, that's what interests me.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

latest?cb=20130530153929

My Supra riven kept giving me things like status duration, but I got a re-roll last night that gives +112% Puncture, +80% Heat, and +46% Reload Speed. That takes reload time to exactly 2.0 seconds, which is extremely nice...and since it's replacing a +90% elemental mod, it was an easy swap. Maybe not the perfect Supra riven, but I'm quite happy with it.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

My Supra riven kept giving me things like status duration, but I got a re-roll last night that gives +112% Puncture, +80% Heat, and +46% Reload Speed. That takes reload time to exactly 2.0 seconds, which is extremely nice...and since it's replacing a +90% elemental mod, it was an easy swap. Maybe not the perfect Supra riven, but I'm quite happy with it.

That's how i would see it. Supra's IPS is just enough to make the +Puncture viable. Flat+Dmg would always be better, but what you have is very nice. 9/10 would keep but still try rolling for better. haha.

8 minutes ago, AllSystemsGo said:

Yes, I think I'll do that.

TBH I don't want a simulor riven at all. I've had a few friends that try to reroll those meta weapon rivens endless and just keep getting bad stats (erm, they're how I got all that kuva xD), but... that just seems to be a path of frustration. Turning less common weapons into something nice... For me, personally, that's what interests me.

agreed. im not to interested in the Meta weapons either save a couple (Powercreepy Tigris Prime, Dex Sybaris to name a couple). I'm looking to do what DE designed Rivens to do, make underutilized weapons better.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

they will come up with a new Disposition just for the Sicarus. Godly

But real talk, its a shame that the older prime weapons suffer from being overshadowed by MR5 weapons that can be bought in the market

Agreed. However, they did mention there would be 'Prime Buffs' during the last Devstream...though that's all...whether or not that'd be the underperforming examples or just a few particulars, or relating to Frames...Big question mark.

Any event, it'll be something to be seen I suppose. Though I also think we could afford to see some more Burst-fire pistols. We've only got the Sicarus and Ballistica families in that category, if memory serves right.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

when launchers like the Tonkor and Simulor exist, you can see why the Penta has a strong disposition

Um no? I could maybe see them giving it a neutral disposition.

But considering that good old Cernos has faint, as does Sybaris, Ignis and Paris Mk 1. No. The riven disposition looks entirely random and does not promote balance.

39 minutes ago, Mastikator2 said:

But considering that good old Cernos has faint, as does Sybaris, Ignis and Paris Mk 1. No. The riven disposition looks entirely random and does not promote balance.

All of those except ignis have high tier upgraded versions that use the same rivens, and DE has seen what people can do with ignis with the right cheese setups, so it's not random, just inconveniently balanced at the higher end.

And really, the pentas and ogris pale in comparison to tonkor, the simulors, and the zarr, they deserve all the help they can get.

On topic:

speaking of ogris...

7MFGhU9.jpg

146.5% flight speed, feels like I'm shooting explosive lanka rounds.

Edited by rapt0rman

16 hours ago, Mastikator2 said:

The rakta cernos and cernos prime are very strong so that makes there riven weak. The dex sybaris is really good. The of his is as cheesy as it gets and the Paris prime is strong with the right build so of course all of these weapons get faint dispositions.

I got my 5th riven as damn near perfect.

Cernos

+112% impact

2.2 Punch-through

-33% Magazine Capacity

47.3% Fire Rate

Now if this damn Daikyu mod could churn out good stats.

Best reroll(after 7) I have gotten for it is,

53.5% reload

111.7% puncture

and 43% damage to grineer.