Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When your favorite weapon has strong riven disposition

Spiritfarer

Here's my Penta riven and build, and I couldn't be any happier:

e4OuGbM.jpg

Hidden behind the riven is a P Cryo Rounds. Combined with Chroma, the blast element on this is enough to kill enemies on contact and send them sky-high, good times. Also, this is meant to airburst, so the only reason you would have more than one volley out at a time (+101.5% multishot, so 2 nades every time) is if you want to stack grenades onto a tanky target. It basically turned my Chroma into self-propelled artillery, which is what I named the loadout slot.

On 12/13/2016 at 7:55 AM, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

Supra. the Riven i got for it gave like +50% Fire rate, -40% Recoil, and +45%Reload speed. that thing was a monster. rolled it to try and get some better stats. now I'm sitting on 125% Multishot, 3.1m Punchthrough and -30% zoom. hoping to get +Dmg, Multishot , Status chance and/or any of the stats previously mentioned. 

latest?cb=20130530153929

w7SmGvz.jpg

<3<3<3

20 hours ago, Blakrana said:

Agreed. However, they did mention there would be 'Prime Buffs' during the last Devstream...though that's all...whether or not that'd be the underperforming examples or just a few particulars, or relating to Frames...Big question mark.

Any event, it'll be something to be seen I suppose. Though I also think we could afford to see some more Burst-fire pistols. We've only got the Sicarus and Ballistica families in that category, if memory serves right.

Don't forget the Kraken.

On 2016-12-14 at 7:09 PM, Miser_able said:

The rakta cernos and cernos prime are very strong so that makes there riven weak. The dex sybaris is really good. The of his is as cheesy as it gets and the Paris prime is strong with the right build so of course all of these weapons get faint dispositions.

The regular Cernos is not powerful, nor is Paris MK1.

1 hour ago, Mastikator2 said:

The regular Cernos is not powerful, nor is Paris MK1.

A good Riven will make this weapons decent until the player can get their hands on the upgraded versions.

The purpose of Rivens is to make people go back and look at unique and underused weapons, not make people go back and use strictly inferior versions of Prime/Wraith/Quanta/etc weapons.

18 hours ago, ArbitUHM said:

A good Riven will make this weapons decent until the player can get their hands on the upgraded versions.

The purpose of Rivens is to make people go back and look at unique and underused weapons, not make people go back and use strictly inferior versions of Prime/Wraith/Quanta/etc weapons.

A good riven would be faint on regular cernos and Paris MK-1. Penta is strongly disposed and Paris MK-1 is faintly. Don't even try to rationalize that, it's a huge oversight and you know it.

Paris MK-1 should be strong, Penta should be neutral.

On 12/13/2016 at 8:44 PM, rapt0rman said:

All of those except ignis have high tier upgraded versions that use the same rivens, and DE has seen what people can do with ignis with the right cheese setups, so it's not random, just inconveniently balanced at the higher end.

And really, the pentas and ogris pale in comparison to tonkor, the simulors, and the zarr, they deserve all the help they can get.

On topic:

speaking of ogris...

7MFGhU9.jpg

146.5% flight speed, feels like I'm shooting explosive lanka rounds.

OMG, I'd rebuild and reform an Ogris for that!    I loved that weapon when it didn't suck.

3 hours ago, (PS4)forChristsake said:

I was wondering if I should build a zarr. my first riven with only 1 reroll gave my zarr 2.6 punch through,  +108% multishot and - something% slash (doesn't do slash, so I forget). needless to say I'm enjoying my new gun and already have a forma on it.

I love my zarr.  Tons of fun with mirage, although the massive self damage probably keeps it from being a top ten weapon.  I rolled my Zarr Riven 4 times, now I have +116.5 electricity, +59 reload, and -65.2 slash.  Should I keep it?

Your riven might be worth keeping if the punch through helps prevent self damage.

21 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

I love my zarr.  Tons of fun with mirage, although the massive self damage probably keeps it from being a top ten weapon.  I rolled my Zarr Riven 4 times, now I have +116.5 electricity, +59 reload, and -65.2 slash.  Should I keep it?

Your riven might be worth keeping if the punch through helps prevent self damage.

My mod doesn't prevent self damage, but the punch through helps the secondary fire clear a group

On 12/16/2016 at 8:20 AM, Mastikator2 said:

A good riven would be faint on regular cernos and Paris MK-1. Penta is strongly disposed and Paris MK-1 is faintly. Don't even try to rationalize that, it's a huge oversight and you know it.

Paris MK-1 should be strong, Penta should be neutral.

No, Paris MK-1 deserves a faint rating. The progression from Paris MK-1 -> Paris -> Paris Prime is a strict upgrade path - that is how Primes and MK-1 versions have always worked. There is no reason for DE to incentivize using a MK-1 weapon; doing so would undermine the whole idea behind Primes (and other upgraded versions like syndicate weapons, Wraiths, etc). The disposition for the Paris line is based on Paris Prime, and that's how it should be.

Like I said, Rivens should encourage people to use weapons that have unique mechanics but are not up to par anymore. The Paris MK-1's mechanics are duplicated by the other weapons in the Paris line, so there's no reason to give it a strong disposition.