Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My personal Apology to the Fans

IgnusDei

While I am sorry to see you go, I believe that any artist that is truly passionate about their creations is a good artist. You may've got a bit hot headed, but I personally can't blame you. Passion is an artist's resource. Don't be ashamed of your actions. Move forward and keep creating amazing work.

peace o3o

11 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

It means open to other employment, as his LinkedIn says, in any case he did one deluxe skin, which I already felt was marred by the leg tumor, and either DE seem to not be wanting him to do more or he is not interested in doing more deluxe skins, going off his vetted art that he isn't even sure DE want, it seems likely for the latter to be true.

Your other problem is you think too small and think it's just about not buying skins as opposed to voting with wallets.

I spend money to buy platinum sure, but things like this or the likes of installing this shady Riven mod ploy, make me pause at continuing to do so.

I'm sure you are paid well to discourage people from doing that though.

Anti-consumer prefers to diminish the effect of the audience, community awareness and vetting and the threat they hold if informed..

No one's holding a gun to your head. If you stop enjoying Warframe, you're more than free to take a break.

In the end this is a game by Digital Extremes. They do listen to the community, and the result may be something you may or may not like, but that is to be at the hands of the studio. If that ever changed that'd be a bad course of action, as some of the suggestions we usually give to them as the userbase would actually mean less reasons to play or more broken stuff than what we might think.

Be careful to not confuse what you as an individual might enjoy as the course of action to take for the better long run health of the game. Because I assure you sometimes they don't meet well.

Edited by NightmareT12
OMNOMNOM I eat words now

I'll be honest, wouldn't be the first time DE have decided to change the design up, Look at the Banshee Deluxe for example.

Sad to see you go, you had some awesome skin ideas and i'm glad that you have managed to share them with the community this way.

Edited by Latiac

11 hours ago, Fylas said:

the problem with the nova skin : it is based on middle eastern hindu mythology while the rest of the deluxe skins take a far eastern design approach so while both cultures are roughly in central asia the aesthetical differences between chinese, japanese and korean art and designs are far smaller then hinduism, which is also a reason the nova skin looks out of place, it's like mesa in a mcdonaldd uniform next to some japanese peeps in fancy kimono doing archery practice with japanese longbows.

I kinda want to see Mesa in a Mcdonalds uniform now...

7 hours ago, LeCauchemare said:

But your point doesn't really prove anything, honestly... Not to mention, I still fail to see the clipping issues after getting the skin.

Yeah, it does. If you're gonna say it's down to the modellers and not the designers for the clipping, I'm going to say it it was designed appropriately it's unlikely there would have been clipping in the first place.

That's kind of ironic considering your comment about Banshee. Look at the top of the arms. They clearly clip right into her chest.

1 minute ago, Naith said:

Yeah, it does. If you're gonna say it's down to the modellers and not the designers for the clipping, I'm going to say it it was designed appropriately it's unlikely there would have been clipping in the first place.

That's kind of ironic considering your comment about Banshee. Look at the top of the arms. They clearly clip right into her chest.

To be honest though, Warframe isn't a an easy game in which to avoid clipping. It's never going to go away.

I mean, we're not controlling 100% humans (well, in the traditional sense) in a game with a single protagonist that has a limited number of animations all to fit him alone.

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

To be honest though, Warframe isn't a an easy game in which to avoid clipping. It's never going to go away.

I mean, we're not controlling 100% humans (well, in the traditional sense) in a game with a single protagonist that has a limited number of animations all to fit him alone.

It isn't but some of the clipping we have/had is/was just poor, to be frank, and does give off the impression of lazy sometimes.

Edited by Naith

Honestly I think DE jumped the gun when it came to firing you. 

Like I imagine they would feel a bit miffed about you starting an argument for changing up your initial concepts (for better or for worse is based on an individual's taste), but I think straight up firing the guy who made some of THE best concepts for skins that are very beloved by the community over a single conflict of interest is a bit short-sighted on DE's part.

10 hours ago, NeloAngelicus said:

I still very pissed because Ignus have to go (i expect that Frost deluxe skin don't get in the middle of this trouble)... but in DE defense some of the changes were "good" for my eyes.

sizWX3x.png

I didn't like this one all that much but god damn did I want that left arm Ignus made for Banshee.

I'd drop $$$ for that.  I'm still tilted on this ****.

"Yeah lets just throw some random RPM disc on her shoulder.  That should do the trick!"

I'm surprised they didn't have a gramophone coming out of her top left shoulder to play some music just to get their artistic vision across more clear.

On December 13, 2016 at 2:15 PM, IgnusDei said:

Hey folks.

I #*($%%@ up.

I got too passionate. I butted heads with the art team over some decisions it made to Ember Deluxe's design, and it butted back harder. I knew this was going to happen, but at the time, I really didn't care. Suffice to say, bridges got burned, bad.

I won't be able to design more deluxe skins for you any more.

I'm sorry.

Sincerely,

IgnusDei.

I'm confused. Sorry, I'm not familiar with big name PC guys since i'm not on PC.. So you were tasked with making Ember Deluxe, DE made changes that strayed too far from what you had in mind, so didnt work out? So how come it didn't just become Tennogen then or something if wasnt what they wanted? 

Edited by (PS4)Poloboyzz93

4 minutes ago, AcceI said:

I didn't like this one all that much but god damn did I want that left arm Ignus made for Banshee.

I'd drop $$$ for that.  I'm still tilted on this ****.

"Yeah lets just throw some random RPM disc on her shoulder.  That should do the trick!"

I'm surprised they didn't have a gramophone coming out of her top left shoulder to play some music just to get their artistic vision across more clear.

...Actually, the disc on the shoulder was my idea.

But hey, while we're on the subject of Banshee — see that butterfly knot on her flank? Well, nobody else saw it, and assumed it was a garter. In fact, I imagined Banshee to be wearing a black bustier under the blue dress, with the sides cut and held together with crisscrossing cords that ended with those knots. Key word here is imagined - I didn't show that off in the final product. Oh well :/

Edited by IgnusDei

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Poloboyzz93 said:

I'm confused. Sorry, I'm not familiar with big name PC guys since i'm not on PC.. So you were tasked with making Ember Deluxe, DE made changes that strayed too far from what you had in mind, so didnt work out? So how come it didn't just become Tennogen then or something if wasnt what they wanted? 

Tennogen doesn't allow for model changes like the Deluxe skins do.

8 hours ago, Naith said:

That's honestly a matter of how you look at it, I guess? I can't make myself see the clipping there as annoying or "bad". A bit lazy? Yeah, probably. But I honestly barely notice that ingame.

Just like Banshee's naked butt that clips once in a while doesn't make the skin look completely bad. Outside of some proportion issues, Banshee's model is pretty "unique" considering her helmets/neck - her Deluxe just looks wierd on her model, making her a big headed giraffe. Still, that doesn't make something terrible or rubbish. It's just a mistake that can be fixed, just like with Nova's clipping.

What I'm still trying to say is that your argument about "Bad design will make people do bad models" is downright silly, becuase bad models can be made from any kinds of designs, and the chance is exactly the same with having a good model. Because those two things are irrelevant, and model's quality is only 3d modeller's job result.

As many people stated before, initial design has a long way to go from 2d to 3d. During that time, usually, details that make the final product look "rough around the edges" (i.e that Nova "clipping" you somehow hate so much) should be fixed. 

What does that prove? That proves that DE modelling team goofed up. A lot of times too.

Does it prove that concept designs are somehow represent the quality of the final product? No. Ignus's Banshee was goofed up as much as Nova. It all comes down to modellers, and not concept artists.

Does it prove that every other Deluxe skin from now on is going to be rubbish? It doesn't. Nova deluxe is a great skin, no matter how many people will say it's ugly, not to mention there's Valkyr and Saryn, both of which are fantastic and not designed by Ignus.

People just need to chill and stop looking into the future so much. Nothing terrible is going to happen, art team won't fall apart because your favorite artist isn't working with them anymore. Please, deal with it.

EDIT: I actually think it's more appropriate to blame animators team instead?.. Probably both, honestly. I guess that applying skeletons and animations to models is the primary reason for all those nasty clippings.

Edited by LeCauchemare

1 hour ago, IgnusDei said:

But hey, while we're on the subject of Banshee — see that butterfly knot on her flank? Well, nobody else saw it, and assumed it was a garter. In fact, I imagined Banshee to be wearing a black bustier under the blue dress, with the sides cut and held together with crisscrossing cords that ended with those knots. Key word here is imagined - I didn't show that off in the final product. Oh well :/

Rip no offence but I like the non cd changer one :p also want you original ember not de's attempt.

23 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

People tend to forget DE did make Valkyr's Gersemi skin. 

And that they don't have to stop outsourcing for deluxe skins. 

But despite how much I prefer IngusDei's deluxe skins to every other deluxe skin design, I am hoping someone on the art team will hone a unique style I might dig.

And back to outsourcing one of the artists that freelance for DE could knock something out of the park. Might even find a great Tennogen artist who can work in traditional mediums.

This isn't the end of deluxe skins. We just won't have any new skins from IngusDei, which will always suck. His artwork is irreplaceable. 

Something I feel, and maybe others do too, is that Mynki and the art team are best and (beast) at designing original warframes because they know that aesthetic so well. They can create an ugly-beautiful-alien-warmachine-ethereal-demigod-wrath-and-ruin looking thing that just screams Warframe the first moment you see it.

Do you all remember how you felt when you first saw a warframe in the "flesh"? I'd never seen anything like them and it took some weeks to get used to.

In gaming, what you see (art), hear (sound) and do (gameplay and mechanics) is what makes a game so memorable (not to mention the story you live out, which includes all the elements mentioned). DE's art team's work, Mynki's work, is and always will be memorable. The guy's been with them since Dark Sector days. Please fully understand the weight of that.

To make Warframe what it is visually takes tremendous artistic talent and it's being pushed aside in the heat of the moment over this incident.

From there, I pivot to IngusDei. Want to know why I like his designs so much? Because they built on the original look of Warframe and made them into these show-stopping deluxe designs I could rock and look even more badass than I already did. The utilitarian aspects of a vanilla are upscaled not unlike Prime versions of the same vanilla. I can make a workhorse vanilla 'frame look great without waiting to get all the parts for, build, level, forma, and re-level (rinse, repeat) a new Prime.

Rhino Palatine built on existing artwork and elevated Rhino to a true knight in shinning armor. His other artwork does the same for other 'frames, except when it doesn't (Loki Deluxe, and no, I'm not going to go into the debate over why that is).

But to do this, IngusDei was part of a team. There's no I in team. He worked with others to bring these creations to life. The original designs were his (and were for the most part faithfully recreated). If the team had to make changes (some of which I admit I didn't agree with, or in some cases I didn't understand), it was deemed necessary. 

This was always true, and it didn't just start now. He didn't have "full creative control" because he was never meant to. He signed on as a freelancer to work with a team. 

Some elements we may love in the original art were (as other members have pointed out here and on the subreddit) impossible to implement into the game. Other things were added to make it fit into the game

That's how teams work. They compromise. And DE opening its doors and taking a chance on a freelancer could have easily failed or bombed. But because it turned out to blow us--and DE--away people are ignoring the compromise, the risk it took DE to make that decision. It isn't always just about money, folks. They took a chance on a fan and it turned out great for Ingus, great for DE, and great for us.

(I wrote the ugly version of the above yesterday, decided against it and closed. Chrome remembered my unposted post, as usual. I toned it way down since then. Thanks, Chrome!)

22 hours ago, unknow99 said:

From one of our reddit brothers, tyrannoAdjudica :

9o1Vmxk.gif

Thank you for that. 

I'm coming to terms with the changes to the dark side, but the helmet and hip are still good changes. The changes to the crotch and making her a little thinner overall up top (and her head) are fine.

Left elbow still looks weird, but I can't speak to the reasoning behind it.

Melee weapon changes are still unneeded.

20 hours ago, uncaringbear said:

To be honest, making a post like this is not really showing you in a positive light. As a creative, the design process is a two-process between the client and the artist. There's always going to be changes required, and it's an iterative process that often requires compromise. We know the client doesn't often make the right decisions, and many times they request changes that are face-palming. But just as much as they rely on you for your creative and artistic skill, you also need to keep in perspective that they have their own requirements, many of which are not obvious to a designer. I get being passionate about your design work - but throwing a fit over a change of this scale is just a bad decision, professionally. Learning to live with changes from the client is a fact of life for designers. We learn to live with it. Sometimes you have to make an ultimate stand, but most times, you deal with it, negotiate and be flexible.

Respect should always be maintained between the client and the designer and it goes both ways. You probably didn't intend for it, but a post like this unfairly casts the client in a bad light. No one wants to burn bridges, and this certainly doesn't help.

I agree overall, save for one point: IngusDei isn't painting DE in a bad light, or himself in  positive light. The people casting him as a martyr and DE as the villain do so of their own will, and wrongly.

As I said earlier tonight elsewhere, while I don't know DE's side of the story, I believe what IngusDei's said, and it doesn't conflict with your points, actually. It agrees with it. His behavior wasn't what they expect from employees (staff or freelancer) and it was the reason he was let go. That isn't to say Mynki and the art team couldn't have done something differently--I don't know what happened, or their side of the story.

But what can't happen is you can't get into a fight over it (even verbal), you've got to find a way to work together. That breakdown of communication is something IngusDei manned up and took the blame for. He made that clear by admitting he "f****d up", was the aggressor who started the argument, and that he could have handled the changes better.

At that point, whether or not the changes were called for is irrelevant due to his behavior, and I think that's what he acknowledged. People just tend to overlook his actual words because he either:

A) didn't apologize to DE (which they took as proof he isn't in the wrong, maybe)

B) they love his artwork too much and are choosing to fault DE.

C) they would have blamed DE even if he had apologized or not, and whether he made this post or not. Because they often fault DE (rightly or wrongly), and it's "just another straw" to them, as @UrielColtan said. There's no option (other than keeping IngusDei on board) that people like him would have accepted. That isn't IngusDei's fault, it's the fault of the members who see things that way.

I've seen far s***tier, more childish rants, outbursts and refusals to take responsibility for actions on creative teams than IngusDei's post. This soon after the actual incident, his posts struck me as more mature and respectful than some of the posters who've lashed out at DE for letting him go. He will continue to have my respect for that.

I will agree that his best intentions have gotten away from him and this thread should be closed soon. 

19 hours ago, Evanescent said:

This is getting a little bit tiresome. People, put down those pitchforks, put out those torches.

We don't know the exact details of what occurred outside of IgnusDei disagreeing with and having an argument with the Design team. We do not know how far or exactly how nasty the argument might have gotten(and rightfully so, it's none of our busienss)-not questioning Ignus' character, but he himself admits he got too passionate. 

He was commissioned for his artwork, his clients had the right to to do whatever they want to to fit their vision and their needs. It's their game. He had the right to let his viewpoint on its implementation be known, he did it, and there's the end of that. 

Please stop jumping on the bandwagon and bashing DE. They made the entire game and 99% of everything else, and if it didn't suit your taste you wouldn't be here talking. Please stop acting like the future of Warframe cosmetics is doomed-the statement is grossly disrespectful of the design team and the individual artists.

Thank you for reading.

Thanks for posting. This and many other posts were good counters to other posts I've read.

18 hours ago, leperkhaun said:

Gonna be honest, this is probably not a skill issue, but a business issue. He said he burned bridges, and its likely that he said some stupid stuff to DE staff. The result is that DE went "you know what, thats not professional and we are not willing to have our staff abused like this, go pound sand".

If he got into "burning bridges, bad" territory then DE's choice to no longer use that artist is 100% justified and he should not freelance for them anymore.

I like his skins, but I cant say DE made a bad choice here.

People forget that companies are made up of people. If people don't have good working relationships, they can't work together. 

It isn't only bad for the company, it's bad for the product, the work environment, and the health of all those involved. The correlation of stress to emotional, physical and mental health of everyone involved in matters like these (in any work environment) is so overlooked it's scary.

I'm glad DE didn't overlook that stress and did what was best for their company.

18 hours ago, Kastorius said:

Artists are known to take it pretty personally when people insist on making dumb changes to their art. Spending hours of work and care designing something elegant only to have someone make a bunch of alterations that completely ruin the piece's aesthetics is probably infuriating.

They've altered his designs before, I'm fairly sure they insist on their changes being made and won't take no for an answer,

You don't know that. Also, please see IngusDei's last post to this thread where he responds to Accel's hate of Banshee's shoulder disc. It was IngusDei's idea, but it wasn't in his original design.

As stated earlier, they're a team. They work together. It isn't, and shouldn't, be one designer's way or the high way. Even if we like that designer's way. 

You're also speaking in generalities (artists don't like dumb changes) and ignoring some specific reasons many have raised as to why the changes might have been made. They don't know either, but their cases seem based in logic and reasoning rather than opinionated or subjective views, feelings.

and it looks as though he finally blew his top. People aren't robots, and professionalism only goes but so far. The third choice is to quit politely, but that's a bitter choice to make when someone's butchering your artwork—artwork that the players love, that makes DE cash money, but that they refuse to allow him full creative control over.

Y'all have got to stop using money as the rod to beat DE with. They're still the company that gives their premium currency to players through their trading system. Premium currency that we can then use to buy those same skins. So someone like me with a couple deluxe skins never paid a dime for them.

DE is a lot of things, but I continue to believe (based on evidence and my experience with other games) that greedy isn't one of them.

Also, see my point above about how they took a risk to bring IngusDei on and its only because it worked out that we're upset.

The overwhelming majority of respondents ITT and elsewhere dislike the changes made to his Ember deluxe skin design, and the Banshee skin as well. That's because they're bad changes that ruin the aesthetics of the piece.

Subjective point, but here's one more objectively true: the majority of respondents do not understand the changes to the IngusDei's Ember deluxe skin design. I sure as hell didn't understand the ones I disliked the most yesterday. The helmet and hip are fine, though. Yes, subjective.

17 hours ago, Kastorius said:

I'm not making them look bad. They're making themselves look bad by butchering Ignus' designs.

Again, reasons. Do you know why they made the changes? Do any of us know, for sure?

What if they have good reasons like technical possibilities and impossibilities and fitting in with the WF aesthetic (something they know better than anyone).

Again, it's about compromise, and working in a team.

In the before-and-after images of his designs, the alterations proposed by DE's art department are terrible. Then again, this is the art department that actually had the stones to show the deluxe Nova skin in public with a straight face, so I'm not surprised. Even more amazing to me is that anyone actually defends it.

I dislike the Nova deluxe skin. It's nowhere near as beautiful as it's inspiration. I do not like the helmet. I think it was a great concept, but a poor execution. I may or may not buy it eventually and then see how I can color or helmet swap it. I will continue to rock the first prime I ever built, Nova Prime. I wish I could have Nova's Tennogen skin (the one with the Pilotka-inspired helmet) but I'm locked out by Steam and Valve on that one.

Not that that will matter to your point, but people are different. If they like something I don't, so what? 

That's the very nature of liking or disliking something--it's subjective. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. 

I know what DE is. I'm one of their customers, a paying one as a matter of fact, and I'm entitled to my opinion, whether you like it or not.

You do realize that answers your questions on a number of things you disagree with or don't understand...right?

Everyone has their own opinion, and that's doubly true for aesthetics.

They've been making a slew of asinine decisions this year, and staying quiet (let alone sucking up to them) isn't on my agenda. The usual cycle of life around here is that DE makes bad decisions, everyone complains for a week, then they start sucking up to DE again.

Again, you say you're entitled to your opinion, but you inherently judge others for not agreeing with you, or thinking like you do.

You classify it as sucking up. 

If we classified what you're doing as bashing DE, it wouldn't be right either.

Not me. I hold grudges for years. I'm still pissed off about them trying to sell the Hydroid nerf as a "buff," for example.

Okay. 

Thing is, I don't particularly love most of DE's vanilla art direction (there are exceptions). I don't play the game for the art. Don't get me wrong: The art direction is fine, it doesn't "offend" me, but most of it doesn't take my breath away and I find their designs pretty ho-hum and mediocre. Examples: Rhino's default skin, Vauban's default, at least half of the overly-gaudy, messy Prime skins, awkward old Grineer designs like gunners, older syandanas that look pretty forgettable or flat-out ugly, etc. DE's art designs have been getting better and better recently (the new tileset, newer official syandanas, etc.), but overall, Tennogen and people like Ignus produce the coolest-looking stuff.

That's the thing. IngusDei and Tennogen artists don't have to do the work DE's art team has to do. They design the vanillas, the primes, NPCs, quest artwork, tilesets, and many other assets (of course there are teams within the teams, but the point stands). 

IngusDei and Tennogen artists' work can afford to look the coolest, in your opinion. In mine, IngusDei's deluxe skins were the best, but Excalibur's Proto and Nyx's deluxe were top tier. Saryn Orphid was nice once I recolored it and put on an alternate helmet. Same with Valkyr. You gotta throw the right helmet on it, though.

Spoiler

valkyr_in_ze_of_earth_s_new_moon__same_as_the_old__by_armormatrix-da8xyzo.jpg

What the art team knows best is a huge part what makes WF what it is, even if you don't play the game for the art.

What IngusDei knows best were deluxe skins. 

Any comparisons we make between those deluxe skins and other assets are completely subjective, though.

Subjective: Ash is the most gaudy thing I've ever seen primed, and I never cared for his vanilla unless it was all black or near it. That's entirely subjective. I look forward to getting the Koga eventually and rocking it. Not even an Ash main.

I really love Ignus' designs, though, and I mean I REALLY love them. So when DE's art department not only keeps screwing with his designs in a way I dislike, but does so to the point that he blows his top (whether that's "right" or "professional" is immaterial to me) and goes his separate way, such that he won't even be doing any more skins....

That upsets me quite a bit, and I don't particularly care if people's fee-fees get hurt.

We were all upset.

However, the bold. Take a moment to see why it would for DE as a company. 

If that were your company and a specific department was experiencing some infighting, would you just leave things be just because you want to please your customers who liked a specific product line out of the department that's having fights?

You sure?

Even if the fights will affect the department and the product?

15 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

You know, what worries me most is that now people are going to bring up anything they don't like, think the dev team are youknowtheword, that Mynki is some kind of easily triggered guy, put some monocles and moustaches on their faces and tell anyone that thinks otherwise they're just white knights.

*sigh*

You say that like it doesn't already happen, and won't keep happening.

I worry that DE won't be able to keep all the balls in the air (seriously, Steve, gang, stop juggling so many projects, even unfinished projects, and focus, please: new content, yes, but fix and balance old things between reasonable slates of new content), that they're understaffed and their business model will either have to change or they won't be able to keep this up.

Yet every time they make something for purchase people act like they're the greediest devs they've ever come across in all of gaming.

If they go to cons to promote the game (which is advertising and growing the playerbase, which is keeping the company afloat) they're just wasting time they could've used to develop something.

If they ask for plat for Riven slots, it's proof it was always a money-grab scheme.

If DE ever runs out of money, God forbid, the same voices will be back saying why didn't DE tell them what their books looked like.

DE might be fine financially (the partnership not long ago was a huge boost, TWW was a huge boost). I could be completely way off base, but that's what worries me.

12 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

I said I would rejoin the discussion, but it's pretty much ended if it hasn't outright derailed. This isn't a blame thread, or a flame thread, or even a rant thread, this is an apology thread that boils down to "I done goofed up bad, so you won't be seeing my work again, and I'm sorry." It's even in the title. Hijacking the thread for the sake of posturing and hurling petty barbs at DE for perceived slights is juvenile, derogatory towards both DE and IgnusDei, and irrelevant to the thread. Honestly the best you can probably do is offer your condolences or regards or whatever and be done with it.

Posts like this are an external reminder to us all to try and listen to the better angels of our nature and not the other side. Thank you.

3 hours ago, AcceI said:

3 hours ago, IgnusDei said:

The two above posts perfectly illustrate why the emotional outrage over this isn't the best expression of the hurt we all feel over DE and IngusDei parting ways.

I'm no saint, and God knows I am trying to keep the the bast**d in me on a leash when responding here, but I really, truly think this thread needs to be closed sooner rather than later.

We'll always have it for reference, and if DE feels the need to comment, they can do so in another thread. For the record, we're not owed any explanation about their internal matters, but they have noticed by now we're not happy and might want to address that.

Edited by Rhekemi

@IgnusDei I'm sad to see you go, I loved (also bought) all of your designs. I'm not a fan of the basic Ember (and all her helmets) and I've been praying for a good deluxe skin for months so I was beyond happy when they revealed it. The only thing that bothered me was the weird spike on her head. Seeing how we could have actually gone without it, well, I would have fought too. Too bad you lost. Good luck in your future endeavours!

3 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

I worry that DE won't be able to keep all the balls in the air (seriously, Steve, gang, stop juggling so many projects, even unfinished projects, and focus, please: new content, yes, but fix and balance old things between reasonable slates of new content), that they're understaffed and their business model will either have to change or they won't be able to keep this up.

Yet every time they make something for purchase people act like they're the greediest devs they've ever come across in all of gaming.

If they go to cons to promote the game (which is advertising and growing the playerbase, which is keeping the company afloat) they're just wasting time they could've used to develop something.

If they ask for plat for Riven slots, it's proof it was always a money-grab scheme.

If DE ever runs out of money, God forbid, the same voices will be back saying why didn't DE tell them what their books looked like.

DE might be fine financially (the partnership not long ago was a huge boost, TWW was a huge boost). I could be completely way off base, but that's what worries me.

Oh, and I'm worried about that too. And it's already happening. When you see stuff like the teams not being able to adress issues because they have literally no one to put in charge of them... It's worrying.

On the Riven being moneygrabs from the start... I'm not so sure. Given the nature of stuff they do seem to keep in their databases what may seem minimal may be actually huge.

And DE running out of money? Doubt it. As long as they have a good playerbase anyways.

5 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Oh, and I'm worried about that too. And it's already happening. When you see stuff like the teams not being able to adress issues because they have literally no one to put in charge of them... It's worrying.

On the Riven being moneygrabs from the start... I'm not so sure. Given the nature of stuff they do seem to keep in their databases what may seem minimal may be actually huge.

And DE running out of money? Doubt it. As long as they have a good playerbase anyways.

What's also worrying is that we've never had a response from DE shedding some light to the situation, sure Ignus did explain yet he still sounded somewhat vague. 

What i'm trying to say is that DE is always late to respond when it comes to huge s***storms like this. 

15 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

What's also worrying is that we've never had a response from DE shedding some light to the situation, sure Ignus did explain yet he still sounded somewhat vague. 

What i'm trying to say is that DE is always late to respond when it comes to huge s***storms like this. 

Ignus did shed some light on it and from what i could it it was his own fault, sucks for him.

Also, Riven Slots for Plat may sound like a moneygrab, but their reasoning behind that is fairly logical.

And where are the S#&$storms? Can't read any. I can only see bandwagon hoppers that jump on the first opportunity to join and bash DE with no valid points. Like saying it's DE's fault that Ignus is gone because they are so bad and only care about Money and what not, when in reality they just added her Mohawk because that's Embers thing, stuff like that. People just blow it out of proportion here.