The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Hotfix 19.3.2 + 19.3.2.1

[DE]Drew

De wanted to give new life for old weapons, 60 p for 3 slots, haha nope, checks my riven mod collection, dissolve all non meta weapon riven mods and keep the good meta weapon ones...

Objective  accomplished DE, congratulations you guys are genius!

Edited by minidelight

Are you kidding me? We've gotten to the point where DE isn't grateful for their player base anymore, they aren't acting like a company that supports their players, their acting as a company that only supports itself and in the greediest way. There shouldn't even be a capacity on riven mods. 

16 hours ago, Praxxor said:

I'm mainly a F2P player and I think that the price is adequate, someone gotta pay for all that server space and parity you know?

They already get a S#&$ ton of money from prime access, people buying plat for the market, and people buying prime vault DE is being plain greedy. Now the people who haven't paid a cent have to work against another obstacle or buy plat.

7 hours ago, infamouscycle said:

Please fix the relics, I lose a Vauban Prime BP to this. Fix the relics becoming spontaneously unequipped and fix people not receiving the reward they chose.

They should be truly ashamed of this bug and make it their highest priority.

What they've done is said they fixed it and buried their heads in the sand.

Seems like implementing ways to make more money is far more important than fixing a monumental bug like this.

1 hour ago, TheSouls said:

Are you kidding me? We've gotten to the point where DE isn't grateful for their player base anymore, they aren't acting like a company that supports their players, their acting as a company that only supports itself and in the greediest way. There shouldn't even be a capacity on riven mods. 

That point was a long time ago now m8.

18 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

To anyone wondering about the plat: the issue remains in the database size. Paying for it means that there's an inversion DE will be able to use later to increase said database further. More or less

Sure it does...xD

We're not talking pictures or videos.

2 hours ago, minidelight said:

De wanted to give new life for old weapons, 60 p for 3 slots, haha nope, checks my riven mod collection, dissolve all non meta weapon riven mods and keep the good meta weapon ones...

Objective  accomplished DE, congratulations you guys are genius!

The sad thing is, this is exactly how it will turn out. They have totally shot themselves in the nuts and did the opposite of what they wanted to do in the first place.

I don't mind them being monetised but the current price makes them more expensive than weapons or new frames - both of which give you significantly more flexibility than a Riven linked to a particular weapon type that also has high MR requirement and is limited in slot capacity.

Given that you get 3 weapon slots for 12 plat, then Im sure if they sold 5 Riven slots for 15-20 plat (still making them more expensive per item than new weapon slots) they would not only get fewer complaints - but also will be more likely to get people spending plat on Rivens much more frequently.

The other thing they could do to reduce database usage is to stop Rivens having random rolls for effect strength - and simply only make the prefix and suffixes random - with all other strength modifiers using fixed scaling against fusion level.  That massively reduces the number of riven types in existence that need storing in the database - effectively treating them no differently to other mods added to the game.  

I was actively farming sorties for new Rivens - but after this decision then Im simply going to quit doing sorties from now on and instead go back to grinding keys and materials - because at least then I get chance to get new prime items plus Ducats and Plat for any spare items that drop.............................

Edited by Draksyl

19 hours ago, DeadlyBannana said:

The only thing Riven mods are good for is selling them to people who want to waste plat.

Just because you only care about numbers, doesn't mean that everyone does. If I like a weapon but it sucks, I can pay to make it better. And that's why Riven mods are here in the first place.

• For those of you who have reached the max Riven Capacity, you can now increase your Riven Capacity by purchasing additional Slots. Visit the market to get a bundle of three slots for 60 Platinum. The maximum capacity is still capped at 60 Riven Slots total for technical reasons. 

No, just no. To have cap on riven mods was very strange in the first place, now we now why that was implemented.

But there are technical reasons. :crylaugh:

Nope, that statement is a a joke. I really hope DE will focus on making new end game content and stop doing this.

13 minutes ago, DisturbedTwin said:
  • For those of you who have reached the max Riven Capacity, you can now increase your Riven Capacity by purchasing additional Slots. Visit the market to get a bundle of three slots for 60 Platinum. The maximum capacity is still capped at 60 Riven Slots total for technical reasons. 

No, just no. To have cap on riven mods was very strange in the first place, now we now why that was implemented.

But there are technical reasons. :crylaugh:

Nope, that statement is a a joke. I really hope DE will focus on making new end game content and stop doing this.

but de's endgame is how to best snatch our wallets 

20 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Riven Mod Additions/Changes/Fixes:

I'm not against the idea of spending plat for more Riven Slots. I expected that'd be the case from the moment I saw Rivens and the capacity. But 60p for 3 slots is too damn high. Even as somebody that would love to have a (good/god) riven for every weapon, I could not justify this price in the slightest, I will most likely just dissolve or sell the Rivens for the lesser-used weapons to make room for others. Congrats DE, you're intentions with Riven Mods is only backfiring even more with this move. Either reduce the price for the pack or increase the number of slots we get. Since 60p for 3 slots (which for those too lazy to do the math would be 900p to reach the cap of 60 slots) is unreasonable and looks to be nothing more than a blanient cash grab.

From a "Veteran" of the game; Please DE make the pack cheaper or change how many slots we get.

15 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

Except you get 15 slots for free. That gives you more than enough slots to make your gear just as powerful as the next guy. The rest of your complaint falls under the implementation of Riven mods in general not PTW. You are essentially paying for the convenience of being able to powercreep more than 15 weapons which is nice but not needed to give you any sort of advantage. Your riven mod for a tonkor is just as good as mine no matter how many slots you have.

You didn't read. If there are only 5 slots per weapon category then the system is broken, and won't do what DE says they released it to do, which is encourage players to use other weapons. We'll stick to our 5 favorites in each category.

15 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

Except you get 15 slots for free. That gives you more than enough slots to make your gear just as powerful as the next guy. The rest of your complaint falls under the implementation of Riven mods in general not PTW. You are essentially paying for the convenience of being able to powercreep more than 15 weapons which is nice but not needed to give you any sort of advantage. Your riven mod for a tonkor is just as good as mine no matter how many slots you have.

You didn't read. If there are only 5 slots per weapon category then the system is broken, and won't do what DE says they released it to do, which is encourage players to use other weapons. We'll stick to our 5 favorites in each category.