Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Hotfix 19.3.2 + 19.3.2.1

[DE]Drew

60 plat? Yeah sure, we are definately a lot of registered loosers....

As if the archwing slots wouldn't be pricy enough with 1 per 12p but this?
If the argument is rivens being endgame and the players in the endgame should have the plat, why is it available for everyone that early?
Even if you guys change it back, that price is just an insult, nothing more, nothing less. If not, grats, you just ruined a promising part of the game.

20p a slot? This belies the intent of Riven mods. Clearly this is just a P2W move. Rivens were supposedly there to encourge using older weapons (even though they were released for meta weapons). Now we're encouraged to use the older weapons but only 15 older weapons, between all weapons types. There are many many unused weapons, but we'll get 5 riven for primaries, 5 for secondaries, 5 for melee (effectively). Of course we can buy new weapons slots for 6p each, but the riven to go with the weapon is 20p.

This encourges me to just use the meta weapons and forgo Rivens. Too much hassle. I have to like a sub par weapon, then pay 20 to get the riven mod slot to use it, assuming my 5 riven slots per weapon type are alreayd taken by the weapons i love to use now. Should I want to "tryout" some older un-used weapons in addition to my main weapons, that's 20p a slot (or forgo rivens for my main weapons).

im not saying that paying for riven slots is fair, but they are not mandatory or at least is what DE have tough always about mods/modding in general, they already stated that they have a big impact on their DB/servers so i guess is fair to say they need the money to improve their capacity, people act like is the end of  the world and is becoming a P2W game which in reality(at least for now) it isnt

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

Hotfix 19.3.2.1

• Fixed Mesa's Shooting Gallery not functioning.
  • Fixed crash that could occur when deactivating a warframe ability.
  • Fixed incorrect colors appearing on Sigils.
  • Fixed infested Maggots continuing to feed off their victims even after being destroyed.
  • Fixed dedicated server stats not tracking properly.
  • Fixed loss of functionality that could occur when transferring to Operator.
  • Kuva Siphon missions are now locked sooner to prevent players from joining after event has completed.

Please fix map resetting from overlay to a corner after each 5 waves of endless mission and many other situations.

This bug is super old and pretty annoying...

Rivens being bad on DB memory and stuff like that is because of their idiotic implementation, which is multiple layers of rng, all they need to do is make a list of names the riven mods can have and lock the stats and percentages of those stats to that name, done, it would even make the increasing kuva costs reasonable this way because the rng wouldn't be half as bad

4 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

20p a slot? This belies the intent of Riven mods. Clearly this is just a P2W move. Rivens were supposedly there to encourge using older weapons (even though they were released for meta weapons). Now we're encouraged to use the older weapons but only 15 older weapons, between all weapons types. There are many many unused weapons, but we'll get 5 riven for primaries, 5 for secondaries, 5 for melee (effectively). Of course we can buy new weapons slots for 6p each, but the riven to go with the weapon is 20p.

This encourges me to just use the meta weapons and forgo Rivens. Too much hassle. I have to like a sub par weapon, then pay 20 to get the riven mod slot to use it, assuming my 5 riven slots per weapon type are alreayd taken by the weapons i love to use now. Should I want to "tryout" some older un-used weapons in addition to my main weapons, that's 20p a slot (or forgo rivens for my main weapons).

This is in no way PTW. There is a reasonable debate to be had over if it is a good price or if it is fair to charge for Riven slots or Riven mod implementation. but not whether or not it is Pay to Win.

Just now, Neptlude said:

Whats with people complaining about plat slots... cmon DE rarely ask for plats in game wtf `-`

Do ye really want to play the game 100% free? How will DE make money then...

• cosmetics
  • boosters
  • rushing crafting
  • prime access

You know, all the good stuff for lazy kids who don't mind supporting DE.

White-knighting unfair tactics from company which advertises their game as free to play is pretty desperate.

Warframe is considered "freemium" by many players, and they are not wrong because even character and weapon slots cost plat, no matter if it's you or other player - someone HAS to purchase it. How hard it is to understand?

Read terms of use - no player owns anything about Warframe, all accounts can be deleted without warning or reason.

All we do in this endless beta is support DE in their experimental phase which is an excuse to milk money and it's absolutely fine as long the gameplay is enjoyable.

But for the good of this game and the community - stop pretending it's free to play and stop shaming people who trade for plat and use other player's money to progress!

1 minute ago, Sannidor said:
  • cosmetics
  • boosters
  • rushing crafting
  • prime access

White-knighting unfair tactics from company which advertises their game as free to play is pretty desperate.

Warframe is considered "freemium" by many players, and they are not wrong because even character and weapon slots cost plat, no matter if it's you or other player - someone HAS to purchase it. How hard it is to understand?

Read terms of use - no player owns anything about Warframe, all accounts can be deleted without warning or reason.

All we do in this endless beta is support DE in their experimental phase which is an excuse to milk money and it's absolutely fine as long the gameplay is enjoyable.

But for the good of this game and the community - stop pretending it's free to play and stop shaming people who trade for plat and use other player's money to progress!

You buy slots for convenience, because you want to have all of those frames and weapons at your fingertips not because they are needed to play the game hence free to play. HEll, you could have just a Mirage and a Synoid Symulor in your inventory and you would be able to beat 99.9% of what the game throws at you. The other .1% could be handled by a Lex Prime or Vaykor Marilok. Congratulations, you just beat Warframe with 2 weapons and a single frame.

2 minutes ago, Sannidor said:
  • cosmetics
  • boosters
  • rushing crafting
  • prime access

From what I see the game still stand with the free to play concept...o. o Compared to other MMO we can trade actual cash currency around easy... A full free player would still be able to get plat easy `-`

Everything is still accessible. 

Also not sure if we are in the same page here...

2 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

You buy slots for convenience, because you want to have all of those frames and weapons at your fingertips not because they are needed to play the game hence free to play. HEll, you could have just a Mirage and a Synoid Symulor in your inventory and you would be able to beat 99.9% of what the game throws at you. The other .1% could be handled by a Lex Prime or Vaykor Marilok. Congratulations, you just beat Warframe with 2 weapons and a single frame.

I think... Frost is better than mirage xD

15 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

This is in no way PTW. There is a reasonable debate to be had over if it is a good price or if it is fair to charge for Riven slots or Riven mod implementation. but not whether or not it is Pay to Win.

it is absolutely p2w. If you want your weapon to be as strong as the next guys weapon you need a riven which costs you 20p. haveing to pay real money so your weapon can be stronger than the next guys weapon is kinda p2w, the 5 free slots mitigate a little, but IF the actual goal is to make lesser weapons better and to encourage their use, and each of us already has 5 weapons they like and want rivens for, then for Rivens to accomplish any part of DE's stated goal whatsoever, we have to pay money.

17 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

Whats with people complaining about plat slots... cmon DE rarely ask for plats in game wtf `-

Please read Riven Mods Devstream Workshop Post #1.  Specifically, this:

"We want to give players something unique to them that can speak to their wider Arsenal. We want to give new life to the Arsenal in a non-static way."

The word to pay attention to in the above is "give."

"Riven Mods were added to incentivize end-game players to revisit old weapons and to change up their play style."

Now players have to pay to be incentivized?

Firstly, the whole thing about Rivens being an incentive to used old weapons is a lie.  And now, the statement about "giving" players that incentive is also a lie.

GG

Server storage issues be damned.  Rather than fix the problem on their end, because they started this mess without any idea of what trouble it would cause, the problem just gets passed onto the players...and their wallets.

Again.  GG.

Just now, xRufus7x said:

Just now, Neptlude said:

From what I see the game still stand with the free to play concept...o. o Compared to other MMO we can trade actual cash currency around easy... A full free player would still be able to get plat easy `-`

Everything is still accessible. 

Also not sure if we are in the same page here...

That would be true with an exchange, for example: 1000 ducats for 5 plat.

Even a progressive system of:

• 500 ducats for 1 plat
  • 1000 ducats for 5 plat
  • 5000 ducats for 40 plat

would make grind somewhat more justified

Since there is no way to get weapon slots outside of rare events (event weapons now drop in pieces to not go with free slot, duh) and obviously frame slots, I can't say it's really free to play - it's free to test and switch around with no option to replay quests giving many frames! That's the main reason why we could not repeat them - if you delete Mirage you have to buy her, this is not a glitch, it's an unfair tactics.

We have not been spoiled, many players gives DE money willingly knowing about all the questionable prices, that's why an honest concern about game's state is a good thing.

Just now, Shockwave- said:

it is absolutely p2w. If you want your weapon to be as strong as the next guys weapon you need a riven which costs you 20p. haveing to pay real money so your weapon can be stronger than the next guys weapon is kinda p2w, the 5 free slots mitigate a little, but IF the actual goal is to make lesser weapons better and to encourage their use, and each of us already has 5 weapons they like and want rivens for, then for Rivens to accomplish any part of DE's stated goal whatsoever, we have to pay money.

Except you get 15 slots for free. That gives you more than enough slots to make your gear just as powerful as the next guy. The rest of your complaint falls under the implementation of Riven mods in general not PTW. You are essentially paying for the convenience of being able to powercreep more than 15 weapons which is nice but not needed to give you any sort of advantage. Your riven mod for a tonkor is just as good as mine no matter how many slots you have.

4 minutes ago, FlinttheImmortal said:

Please read Riven Mods Devstream Workshop Post #1.  Specifically, this:

"We want to give players something unique to them that can speak to their wider Arsenal. We want to give new life to the Arsenal in a non-static way."

The word to pay attention to in the above is "give."

"Riven Mods were added to incentivize end-game players to revisit old weapons and to change up their play style."

Now players have to pay to be incentivized?

Firstly, the whole thing about Rivens being an incentive to used old weapons is a lie.  And now, the statement about "giving" players that incentive is also a lie.

GG

Server storage issues be damned.  Rather than fix the problem on their end, because they started this mess without any idea of what trouble it would cause, the problem just gets passed onto the players...and their wallets.

Again.  GG.

And they did give o. o 15+ will just cost you, but that was 15 given to ye and people would like use like 3 to 6(adding 2ndary and melee) of the actual mods.

5 hours ago, Angrados said:

60 plat for 3 slots. 

As I understand it, that's 20 plat a slot.

That's about the same as a warframe slot. I dunno, man... I have a hard time having an issue with this. Maybe that's just me being me.

Exactly, it is the same as a warframe slot and warframes are the game core. It costs 12p for a pair of weapons slots, the rivens are for the weapons, so  I think something around that  price is way more realistic. The more  type of rivens are implemented the more space will be needed, now there are 40ish warframes and 50ish rivens, in the end, the total cost to be allowed to have a good number of rivens will be huge, so I think they should be way cheaper.

Spoiler

I don't know if this is true, but as I understand we can only buy the bundle, and this by itself is a problem.