Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loading screen minigame for more starting energy

dadaddadada

I have some weird problem where if I am hosting, getting into a game can take upwards of a few minutes, so this would actually make it a lot less boring, but I do think it shouldn't have any real impact on the game itself, just be a fun little thing like how chrome does the dinosaur jumper when your internet is down. They even have 2 minigames already made in the game.

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

Nice thing, but due different loading times on players a waste or even kidna disadvantage, besides for higher starting energy just place a energy pad down. Why do people seemingly forget this exist?

Because most of the time it's not worth waiting for the restore to finish before starting the mission, if it's anything other than an endless. And if you're going to put a restore down for 100 energy and then run off, you've wasted 300 of it on wanting to do something that will probably amount to little in the long run.

Just now, BlaineKodos said:

Because most of the time it's not worth waiting for the restore to finish before starting the mission, if it's anything other than an endless. And if you're going to put a restore down for 100 energy and then run off, you've wasted 300 of it on wanting to do something that will probably amount to little in the long run.

Then wait till your energy is full, are those like 10 seconds really to much of your time? If others rush of it is there fault. Same way resoruces are wasted by some also by not opening every locker or container, same people complain then not having not enough resources later, so for god sake taek your time maybe then and let it fill. No one puts a gun on your head forcing oyu to rush of.

Just now, Marine027 said:

Then wait till your energy is full, are those like 10 seconds really to much of your time? If others rush of it is there fault. Same way resoruces are wasted by some also by not opening every locker or container, same people complain then not having not enough resources later, so for god sake taek your time maybe then and let it fill. No one puts a gun on your head forcing oyu to rush of.

If you would like to participate in the mission and get the same affinity, you kind of do have a gun on your head. If the mission is an Exterminate, getting even one room behind means you're not going to get to fight anything. That means your vast well of energy won't actually do anything unless you're a speed-augmenting frame that can catch up. People are convinced the only way to play Warframe is to do it fast, and I don't feel inclined to waste my resources building restores to get next to no use out of them. I use them in endless missions where I know I can rely on it having a use. Your average public game, it's not worth the cost.

Just now, BlaineKodos said:

If you would like to participate in the mission and get the same affinity, you kind of do have a gun on your head. If the mission is an Exterminate, getting even one room behind means you're not going to get to fight anything. That means your vast well of energy won't actually do anything unless you're a speed-augmenting frame that can catch up. People are convinced the only way to play Warframe is to do it fast, and I don't feel inclined to waste my resources building restores to get next to no use out of them. I use them in endless missions where I know I can rely on it having a use. Your average public game, it's not worth the cost.

If people have time to rush, then obviously not need that energy to begin with and get energy orbs of enemys anyway faster.

Seriuosly i said the idea is nice but troublesome due different loading time, since sometiems you have no loading at all while other times it even trows you out of groups, and i can even imagine people might cause longer loading screens on purpose then somehow.

It's a opinion of my side and i said what we have ingame, besides if people forget such will cause more loading time proably since it has effect on the loaded thing that it loads. Not just a minigame to pass time, it has to convert the data of it to the mission then.

Problem with this idea:
I have a pretty good connection and goo computer and load into mission really fast, sometimes 10-15 seconds faster than my friends.
With your idea I would get punished by starting with less energy simply because I have a better computer/internet.

I wouldn't mind a loading screen mini-game but it would have to be for no rewards in order to not disadvantage the people who load in quickly while rewarding the people who take a long time to load.

I disagree on a minigame because outside of the issues others have already brought up, it is a feature that is not needed in anyway and will create more problems than it would fix (if it has any...). However, I do believe that the loading screen could use some sort of visual makeover at the developer's leisure.

As someone previously brought up, it is strange how we don't start with full energy. Seems pretty foolish to go in unprepared with only a fraction of your max energy. Although to be honest, that's a different topic and a whole different debate.