Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javlok feedback.

Multicom-EN-

Everytime I used it I kept wanting it to melee like a staff when I jabbed the melee button... in essence I basically wanted the jaffa staff.  I found the javelin element really pointless and not very accurate imo and the 'bullet' side of things was really slow for a primary gun.  Then there's the lack of any real damage and the broken mechanics where you actually need to manually change back to it.... 

If this was a pole melee and had the shots as a charged weapon aspect like the sarpa or redeemer it wouldn't be so bad but as a primary it doesn't really any redeeming features.

If only I could build multiple and have them as a stack, just throw them at enemies like a javelin. or build multiple so it could be thrown as a cluster-bomb?

maybe make it max out at 7 jav's, add alt fire toggle for single and cluster mode. with cluster mode also firing all 7 at once?

silly idea but it feels anything would be better at this point for getting people onto using it past being mastery fodder.

18 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

-Its not a charge-up. Its delayed shooting weapon. Clicking cause to charge up to maximum and fire automaticaly.

-Charging the throw allow to control velocity, so how far it can go. Yes, it can kill you, especially with Firestorm.

-Its not energy weapon. Its uses detonite, the combustible something, probably liquid.

-Javlok capacitor was bad idea for delaying us getting this thingy for free. Yet, it could be done in less than hour when you know how to make Prosecutors to spawn.

Overall enjoyable weapon with unique mechanics. Sortie viable when used with Nova or other buffer. 

This. Most of your critique of the weapon is based on what you want it to be rather than what it actually is. I love the weapon, its fun and unique. 

3 hours ago, Futurehero said:
  • Laughable 6 shot magazine (why does an energy staff weapon even need a magazine?)

you can increase it to 8 with ammo mods such as:

latest?cb=20140831184522latest?cb=20160512175408

and it's made by the grineer, they're too stupid to figure out how to give it infinite ammo (that and DE didn't want it to be you know...overpowered)

• Needing its own , special resource to farm (that of course, only drops from ONE enemy, on ONE planet, that'll NEVER be used again).

you know you can just buy it from the market right?

Lastly, the month old hype this thing got in devstreams

was well deserved

Eh, I enjoy it. I'd suggest getting 'Tactical Reload', the ''reloads % of the clip whilst holstered''. 

Throwing the weapon counts as holstering it, saves a lot of time.

3 minutes ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

don't own it, never used it, so I wouldn't know if it's overpowered

You stated DE wouldn't make a powerful weapon have infinite ammo because it would be OP. The Redeemer is a powerful weapon with infinite ammo.

Edited by DeMonkey

I love the Javlok. It's fun, it's powerful (no really, its shot are roughly as powerful as most bows), and it's a good example of how a new weapon type can be introduced that really adds to the variety of the game. I've been almost exclusively using it ever since it released.

Edit: I don't actually understand where the hate for the Javlok comes from. The damage is really high, as is the status chance, as is the crit chance. About the only issue is the reload time and the smallish magazine, but if you modify it for Gas then you can easily get 15 or so kills out of one clip, which is amazing ammo efficiency.

Edited by Littlerift

4 minutes ago, Mewfan said:

I love it, actually, even if it's not "perfect"

It's one of those weapons I like to use. off-meta, even sometimes considered bad, but FUN to use, and potentially viable Sortie with the right mods.

Then again, what do I know: I like the Miter, Panthera, Tetra, and Machete.

This won't do, everybody knows that if you don't use either the Simulor, Boltor, or Tonkor, then you have to be a filthy casual.

Javlok is love.

Just now, Littlerift said:

This won't do, everybody knows that if you don't use either the Simulor, Boltor, or Tonkor, then you have to be a filthy casual.

Javlok is love.

Simulor was interesting,l but I made it and it feels boring.

Boltor's a bullet hose, No thanks

And I've never liked weapons like Tonkor.

I'll stick to being a "Filthy Casual", thanks. Javlok's a hella fun weapon.

1 minute ago, Mewfan said:

Simulor was interesting,l but I made it and it feels boring.

Boltor's a bullet hose, No thanks

And I've never liked weapons like Tonkor.

I'll stick to being a "Filthy Casual", thanks. Javlok's a hella fun weapon.

I agree. Give me filthy casuality or give me death.