Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've Seen More Hate Speech in 2 Days than Past 2 Years

ssh83

3 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

What solution would you propose?
To go after the people using this sort of language or the event that created these circumstances?

At any rate, it'll be over soon anyway, when people are no longer forced to do PvP for general cosmetics.

This event was a desperate cry trying to save the infested limb of warframe we know as "conclave"

4 minutes ago, -Akeva-Banshee- said:

This event was a desperate cry trying to save the infested limb of warframe we know as "conclave"

conclave is not dead lol. Someone posted they're matches in another thread to someone that said the same thing, in the conclave server they hosted the numbers we're 2k+ in a day. So it's not dead, simply it's not of ur interest.

Edited by Sirfol

1 minute ago, Sirfol said:

conclave is not dead lol. Someone posted they're matches in the conclave server they hosted and the numbers we're 2k+ in a day. So it's not dead, simply it's not of ur interest.

This maybe true but nearly my entire clan of 80 cringe when anyone says conclave. Let alone doing it. This event was no exception, if not it was worse.

Just now, -Akeva-Banshee- said:

This maybe true but nearly my entire clan of 80 cringe when anyone says conclave. Let alone doing it. This event was no exception, if not it was worse.

in the clan i am member half do pvp and enjoy it (mountain 300+). so like i said it's simply not of ur interest.

It's just sad they thought this could be a fun Christmas event. You go into it expecting funny snowball fight, but you get insulting comments and general frustration. It was my first (and probably last) time in Conclave. I didn't know these maps, movement was feeling awkward and I don't even use throwing weapons a lot. So instead of fun I got a lot of struggling with new mechanics. Maybe it's fun for people who play Conclave, but I think they could have their own event separate from the main one. Seriously, why can't we have few different events once a year? Event for syndicates, for Simaris, for Conclave... So everyone can play how they like

3 hours ago, Blatantfool said:

Hey man. I get where you are coming from, really I do - but you need to step back a moment and reflect how you are allowing this issue to make you sound in turn. 

"Everyone knows that competitive games have the most toxic communities" is a generalization and paints a massive chunk of gaming as a whole with an incredibly broad brush. There ARE competitive communities with incredibly bad attitudes overall - true. We've all tried out League of Legends at some point right? Doubt I have to explain that one.

But that toxicity and attitude is less about general player attitude and more about the frustration associated with the pressure to preform well versus others. This is magnified by the feeling that you may have ended up on the lesser team - which is a pessimistic assumption people naturally jump to when they feel they are less than well off in a match.

This is a primarily PvE game. Most players ignore the PvP in my experience. So we've got a bunch of guys who mostly leave the game mode alone grinding it for the sake of the event. That alone is frustrating enough for a portion of us to be extra salty. Add to that the other common tribulations of the PvP battlefield like the feelings we get from preformance pressure, teammate troubles and latency issues and you get a melting pot of mad. Some people skip salty and upgrade right to boardwalk fries

Show your fellow Tenno love. Don't kick them while they are down. We shouldn't throw shade on others just for being frustrated at a game mode they may legitimately find harder or like less then the typical fare. At least wait till after Christmas. ;P

I'd just like to say.. I agree with everything you said, save for one thing. I feel like this was a very poor idea on DE's part to encourage these types of feelings during the holiday season, when good feelings are the ones that need to be encouraged. It feels like a heavy handed way to push people into a game mode that most just won't enjoy.

Hey man. I get where you are coming from, really I do - but you need to step back a moment and reflect how you are allowing this issue to make you sound in turn. 

"Everyone knows that competitive games have the most toxic communities" is a generalization and paints a massive chunk of gaming as a whole with an incredibly broad brush. There ARE competitive communities with incredibly bad attitudes overall - true. We've all tried out League of Legends at some point right? Doubt I have to explain that one.

But that toxicity and attitude is less about general player attitude and more about the frustration associated with the pressure to preform well versus others. This is magnified by the feeling that you may have ended up on the lesser team - which is a pessimistic assumption people naturally jump to when they feel they are less than well off in a match.

This is a primarily PvE game. Most players ignore the PvP in my experience. So we've got a bunch of guys who mostly leave the game mode alone grinding it for the sake of the event. That alone is frustrating enough for a portion of us to be extra salty. Add to that the other common tribulations of the PvP battlefield like the feelings we get from preformance pressure, teammate troubles and latency issues and you get a melting pot of mad. Some people skip salty and upgrade right to boardwalk fries

Show your fellow Tenno love. Don't kick them while they are down. We shouldn't throw shade on others just for being frustrated at a game mode they may legitimately find harder or like less then the typical fare. At least wait till after Christmas. ;P

I'd just like to say.. I agree with everything you said, save for one thing. I feel like this was a very poor idea on DE's part to encourage these types of feelings during the holiday season, when good feelings are the ones that need to be encouraged. It feels like a heavy handed way to push people into a game mode that most just won't enjoy.

Maby people struggle with the same thing I do, how to get better at PvP in Warframe. 

I have played many FPS games in PvP and there was allways a clear progression in getting better and then really good.

Knowing exactly when to fire to time it with a jump, doing jump, strafe and fast 360 turns to kill 5 enemies in fast succession.

In warfame I am killed and am left with a big question of HOW. It FEELS like some players are cheating, because it's so damn hard to get a feel for how it is done.

So when you get annihilated real bad, I can imagine people loosing their cool.

The mode is probably better balanced than any previous conclave I've played. It doesn't matter what frames you have, what weapons you have, or presumably what mods you have (less sure on that piece), you're all on the same footing. So I guess that's the silver lining. 

I hate PvP, though, so whatever. To be fair, I did slog through every conclave rank to get a Lex P skin (and this event gave me enough conclave standing to get one more skin), but that was incredibly stressful and un-fun (albeit my own choice). 

I guess I just don't really get why this had to be conclave. In particular, I agree with those that said they felt this creates the wrong kind of environment for the holiday season. If they wanted player interaction, they could've set up a space in the relays (or in the dojos) for players to just throw snowballs at one another for fun. They could've done some kind of Rathuum/Index style thing where we have (friendly?) snowball fights with iconic WF characters (e.g. Nef, Hek, or even maybe the syndicate reps?). It would have been much more lighthearted/good spirited than "go beat up (or get beaten up) by that other squad of Tenno."

5 hours ago, ssh83 said:

Everyone knows that competitive games have the most toxic communities.  PvP are the creme of the crop in toxity.

This event underlines that fact. I have seen more hate speech, racial slurs, and out right verbal fights between team mates in past 2 days than i have in past 2 years.

This needs to end.

Conclave pisses people off because it's broken, laggy, and buggy, but you're complaining about the angry slurs? Complain about the problem not a symptom.

2 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Unfortunately, complaining about parents not bringing up their kids properly is unlikely to have much effect on these forums. :wink:

Yeah sure, passive aggressive politically correct posturing is just so much better.

It's incredibly comical, because all the toxic people I have met have been players never seen in the conclave community before. 

All the toxics you're seeing is the PVE special snowflakes that aren't used to a competitive atmosphere. No joke, next time you see someone flaming, check their conclave stats - I bet you they have less than 500 kills (which is low, considering the pace of each gamemode)

In all the games I've played during this even I haven't seen a single guy writing anything offfensive.

If it really was as bad as you're describing, I'm left wondering where you guys are from and if that's a problem with your culture.

I can assure you it's not the PvP regulars I know, anyway. Those guys are a chill bunch of people.

This was my first time really trying Conclave. I actually joined on accident, not realizing the snowball thing was PVP, lol. I saw no one talking at all in the match - my team lost (sorry team, I know I suck..I only had melee kills, lol), but it was kind of fun. I'm just not into PVP unless I know my team and we have voice chat - I don't like PVP in any game, when I have to play with people I don't know. PVP is why I quit playing Destiny (mostly because they kept changing the guns PVE players needed due to PVP complaints). Once a game's PVP dictates how PVE play goes, I'm out.