Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many Riven mods did you get from Sortie so far?

Witzel5ucht

Just now, (PS4)Asdeft said:

What ever happened to the sortie token system idea where you get a token for completing the sorties and you exchange them for various rewards or differing prices. These sorties are beyond infuriating still. I preferred endo to lens dupes as well. 

I mentioned token systems and some of my clanmates mocked me for it. Lucky players who got more drops don't want the value of their Riven mods to decrease, even if that means some of us are completely missing out on the one big new thing TWW brought.

I suspect this is what DE intended. It's trying to get unlucky players to buy plat to trade for Riven mods. A token system would defeat that entirely.

10 sortie + 1 for TTW, no Trading

And basically all the re-rolls I've gone through on them

https://imgur.com/a/KC0LK

So I feel comfortable in saying: Rivens are totally whacked, and not in a good way. Everything from their impact on the Database, to their power creep, and their RNG acquisition and padding is just not well designed. They don't even feel like Beta content. The OG Closed Beta Mod/Skill-grid made more sense than Rivens. And I've already given my listed feedback about what needs to change more than enough already.

Edited by Brasten

1 minute ago, Syvarin said:

When they first came out, I got 2 in 5 sorties.

Since then, I had a drought of 27 sorties before I FINALLY got one today.

It was for the Flux Rifle. FML.

If the datamined rates are accurate (which I seriously doubt it is) and the drop rate is 20%, the chance of a 27 sortie drought is .8^27=0.0024, half of one percent. Only 1 in 400ish players would get this unlucky. It's a bit biased since you did get two drops earlier on, but it's not that far off.

16 minutes ago, Brasten said:

10 sortie + 1 for TTW, no Trading

And basically all the re-rolls I've gone through on them

https://imgur.com/a/KC0LK

So I feel comfortable in saying: Rivens are totally whacked, and not in a good way. Everything from their impact on the Database, to their power creep, and their RNG acquisition and padding is just not well designed. They don't even feel like Beta content. The OG Closed Beta Mod/Skill-grid made more sense than Rivens. And I've already given my listed feedback about what needs to change more than enough already.

Since I only have 3 Riven mods in total (1 TWW, 1 Sortie drop, bought 1) and I wanted to play new content like the Kuva mission (once again, this Riven drop rate is not letting me), I rolled them 10+ times each. The only great roll I got only happened after 21 rolls.

At least with the removal of exponential reroll cost, 20+ rolls is actually achievable now. DE was completely out of touch of how players actually felt when it came to their reluctance to put a cap on the reroll cost.

Edited by Witzel5ucht

2 minutes ago, Witzel5ucht said:

If the datamined rates are accurate (which I seriously doubt it is) and the drop rate is 20%, the chance of a 27 sortie drought is .8^27=0.0024, half of one percent. Only 1 in 400ish players would get this unlucky. It's a bit biased since you did get two drops earlier on, but it's not that far off.

I'm aware. Though many of the runs were before the drop rates were set to 20%.

Believe it or not, I wouldn't argue the drop rate should be increased. 1 in 5 is a very generous drop rate. It's the RNG nature I take issue with. Since sorties can only be run once per day, there's absolutely nothing unlucky players can do about it. The sortie reward system shouldn't rely on pure chance.

I've completed every sortie since they added Rivens and I think I may have gotten 5 or 6 including the one from TWW. Now currently I'm sitting on 23 Rivens but that's because I've bought them as Veiled off of people. The last 3 days I've gotten an Exilus Adapter BP 3 days in a row. Rivens as a common drop is alot of BS imho. I kinda wish the Chinese law to show drop chances would be ported over here so we could see how true DE's statements are.

I think I've gotten four or so...

However, when I get a Riven, I sell a Riven.  Beyond screwing around with the two I have (for the Dera and Daikyu), I'm going convert all future ones I get to platinum until DE pulls the RNG out of the Riven mods.  They are not worth my time to screw with as they are now because they are too unreliable to get the good stats so I have an alternative to Soma Prime.

4 minutes ago, Neear said:

The last 3 days I've gotten an Exilus Adapter BP 3 days in a row. Rivens as a common drop is alot of BS imho. I kinda wish the Chinese law to show drop chances would be ported over here so we could see how true DE's statements are.

Welcome to the 3 Exilus BP club... although if the drop rate is 20% you're not that far off the expected value.

2 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

I think I've gotten four or so...

However, when I get a Riven, I sell a Riven.  Beyond screwing around with the two I have (for the Dera and Daikyu), I'm going convert all future ones I get to platinum until DE pulls the RNG out of the Riven mods.  They are not worth my time to screw with as they are now because they are too unreliable to get the good stats so I have an alternative to Soma Prime.

I like playing Kuva floods. I don't mind rolling for the RNG but I don't get a lot of Riven mods to roll... I just don't like how my only option is to buy one with plat.

1 minute ago, Witzel5ucht said:

I like playing Kuva floods. I don't mind rolling for the RNG but I don't get a lot of Riven mods to roll... I just don't like how my only option is to buy one with plat.

I wouldn't mind having a workstation in my spacecraft that would let me add in specific modifiers for the Riven mods, so that way I can bank on having a mod that will shore up any deficiencies in a Riven mod, rather than having to keep clicking the roll button, and hope that one of those 10 clicks works out in my favor.

Possibly 5, but they were all turned into endo since by the time i already had 15 mods, currently i have over 30 and i am now farming kuva to make sure i can reroll certain rivens for side arms, shotguns and melee weapons as i will certainly buy the mods for the weapons that i have.