Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help from valkyr/prime user!

(PSN)DarkerChimeraHD

Question

15 answers to this question

Valkyr is worth getting if you main melee weapons or have a kitty obsession, but she doesn't really bring much in terms of team play like frost / nova / vauban would.

Favorite loadout is the synoid simulor with any melee weapon so she can contribute more to objective play.

Take the eternal war augment, so you can have an almost permanent attack speed buff.

Slide Attack with hysteria does obscene damage. u vu

Yes she is. Start with the regular one first so you can get to know here without the cost/effort to grind relics then parts. I play a Eternal War based Valkyr built for durability and carry a set of weapons that can cover what i need to do in any given mission ~ she's a good melee frame but don't skimp on having guns for when you need to shoot something.

Get Rage on her and don't worry about shields, you have a decent heal on demand with her 4th

Is she worth getting? That depends on how you measure the worth of a Warframe. Are you likely to use her for every mission? No. She certainly does have her uses, though, and she can also be rather fun.

As for the loadout I use, I have my Valkyr set up to focus exclusively on Warcry.

Vitality for more health, Steel Fiber and Armored Agility for more armor, Blind Rage, Intensify, and Energy Conversion for power strength, Rage to gain back energy, and Eternal War to keep Warcry going. (I use Steel Charge and Rush in the Aura and Exilus slots, respectively.)

I then equip a long reach weapon with high critical damage but unimpressive speed. With Valkyr's Warcry you become a whirlwind of death. If you need health, hit Hysteria and attack something to refill your health, then cancel it.

I typically prefer a pure health build (Armor+health+shields) add on the eternal war augment for when you melee, and then a few quality of lifers.

PRimary I prefer and accurate semi auto; Grinlok, Javlok, Latron, etc

Secondary needs to offset the primary, so typically Akstilleto p, Rakta ballistica (For more stealthy runs).

And melee is whatever you find fun, just toss in life strike/Healing return. Valkyr is a bit squishy in high teir corpus/Grineer. So you'll have to eat bullets and health fast if you wanna melee

Depends on your preferred playstyle I suppose. If you like more close range in your face playstyles like Atlas, Wukong, Chroma then she will be a good fit.

Most people mod for Warcry and its augment as Hysteria is a big energy drain.

I have seen effective builds around Prolonged Paralysis as well that are pretty entertaining to watch.

She is an excelent frame for soloing but doesn't bring a lot to the table in team play besides being able to rez allies without being hassled too much.

Edited by xRufus7x

The way I play valkyr is very unique and very risky. I play maximum power strength without energy conversion (Trans Fort, Blind Rage, Intensify, Power Drift, Growing Power Aura), I use Vitality and Steel Fiber, Narrow Minded, Primed Flow and eternal war. I run Arcane Guardian and Grace. My build uses the Secura Lecta with Healing return and maiming strike to allow scaling into endless missions and sorties. The status chance of lecta is very nice for Healing return and growing power.

This build is 100% warcry, and using hysteria would lose a lot of energy. I do not like how hysteria is and this is my valkyr. It is very fun and could be tweaked with rage or energy conversion or quick thinking. It is really up to you, but I rarely go down with this setup (only exception is a secura lecta slide and I go too far into a nullifier bubble).

Unless you run Perma Hysteria she's not really better than alternative choices. Esp while Naramon is a thing.

Maybe when Naramon is gone she will be worthwhile as Eternal War build but she still won't hold a candle to Chroma or Rhino for general melee.

About her only perk is Paralysis forcing executions on enemies.

My valkyr loadout:

4tVxcCm.jpg

Kcfu6kU.jpg

2QlIVIn.jpg

One tip I have is to not underestimate ripline, if you can get it to the 4x combo you can be doing ~7,500 damage per hit.

also while it might not be necessary I find Hysterical assault to be insanely fun and can save quite a bit of time, gets more useful when you're losing 15 energy/s.

4 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

My valkyr loadout:

Hide contents

2QlIVIn.jpg

One tip I have is to not underestimate ripline, if you can get it to the 4x combo you can be doing ~7,500 damage per hit.

also while it might not be necessary I find Hysterical assault to be insanely fun and can save quite a bit of time, gets more useful when you're losing 15 energy/s.

Why in the world are there 22 0_0

6 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Why in the world are there 22 0_0

I got bored and liked the weapon so I fugured I'd just keep leveling it and see where I get.(also I'm pretty indecisive about what to put in those 2 slots at the bottom)

Edited by -Amaterasu-

I'd have to say no. Hysterias main aspect is the invulnerability while actually lowering your possible melee damage.

I've played her for a long time and don't get me wrong, warcry/eternal war puts amazing damage on the table with melee weapons BUT Volt/primes speed does the same, while trading the invulnerability of the kit for strong CC.

The invulnerability can even be compensated by a energy tank build...

Volt thus bests her in her own game.

She is worth getting when you're relatively new to the game and looking for a frame that makes your space ninja life easyer but she looses her place once you're actually strong enough to face enemys without that cute god-mode...

14 hours ago, (PS4)DarkerChimeraHD said:

So im thinking of geeting valkyr and i would like to ask those who use her frequently if she is worth getting What loadout you use and any tips to start with her!  Thank you.

Valkyr Prime is good if you want a high damage frame with invincibility.

She comes with large amounts of armor and can be built for even more and her out makes her invincible.

For builds you will want a critical build melee weapon. Her ult scales off of melee mods and has a 50% base crit chance. 

Make sure to build armor and health inner, as well as efficiency. Power sternly can up her damage but so does the melee counter and both efficiency and duration allow you to stay invincible longer. 

Check out her profile video or the wiki for more info on her.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

I'd have to say no. Hysterias main aspect is the invulnerability while actually lowering your possible melee damage.

Long as Drifting Contact works with Hysteria this isn't really true.

Of course it's currently considered a bug but since what you said would be true otherwise; all the more reason it needs to stay as is.

Cuz doing less damage with a melee specialized ability than general melee is just stupid....

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Long as Drifting Contact works with Hysteria this isn't really true.

Of course it's currently considered a bug but since what you said would be true otherwise; all the more reason it needs to stay as is.

Cuz doing less damage with a melee specialized ability than general melee is just stupid....

Welp, that's what the constant complain about excal and co got us to...

only access to basic mods, excluding on the newer gen, which yea, definitly excludes them from anything that gives you extra combo duration.

Valk and excal at least got lucky...valk has her invulnerability and excal his nerfed but still present extra damage on range but poor wukong was meant to compensate the mods trough a slight combo duration boost...and now he can't use combo mods 😒 it's a joke

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108