Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE WTF | I'M REALLY MAD AT THE GLAST GAMBIT

MrM1

The Glast Gambit is all fun and games until you get this mission 'Win with max 10 points ahead'.

DE: ''Hey, that's a pretty nice idea, right? Let the player pay 160k credits and if they fail, they'll lose all of it. Shouldn't be a big deal, huh?''

Oh, you want to know what I mean? Why I am mad? Ok, listen up: It sounds quite easy. If you get the 10 points and the enemy has 0 for some reason, you don't expect anything bad. But suddenly some random enemy invests 11 or even 20 points at the very last moment. Because you have to be ahead only up to 10 points, it is quite difficult to keep the balance. And if you got 20 points for those cases, you'll realize that it is either too less or too much, so you lose. After losing 3 times (=480k credits lost) I decided to get another strategy: Let the enemies invest in small parts and invest just by 1-2 points ahead each time. Sounds great, but in practice it is also a terrible idea. I couldn't handle that. ''Try  coop, maybe it'll work'' was my worst decision ever. ''Why?'' you ask? -Trollers. Those people who invest about 30 or more points to let you lose. ''Maybe that player didn't understand your objective, mistakes happen'' yeah tell that to the people who do that 4 times in a row, maybe even more since I just quit after those 4 times.

This mission is impossible in solo, and in coop, it is also just terrible because of the trollers.

''You're just salty, take some time and get better strategies'' Huh, yeah. I lost about 2 million credits on this.

DE, this is by far your WORST mission I've ever played. It's a shame because the idea is good but it was brought to the game like you don't even care about people like me (unlucky af).

PS: I still didn't complete the mission.

3 minutes ago, Coach-Aprax said:

Pathetic . DE must learn what ¨entertaining content¨ means.I play video games to have fun and relax. This is the most boring and tedious piece of content ever. I´m pretty sure after 4 years I´m done with this game.

Indeed at first point I was surprised how interesting is the idea of this event, with defending these doors, but then, i got into broken piece of so called Index which I never enjoy before and nor i'm doing it now simply because it's BORING. 

The first impression was ruined by give onto the void.. 

Yeah... sorry... but this is a git gud moment...

I never had any trouble with the quest, all of them success (except one, but that was for... other... reasons). And I don't see why it is that bad, if I remember correctly The Index had a pretty favorable standing with the community after its debut, sure three missions just to get in was a bit excessive, but at least The Index keeps you a bit more engaged than traditional missions. Each mission is less than 10 min, and one of which is like 3. That adds up to less than an hour... get over yourself.

3 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

they should have recycled something else for this part of the quest, the endless hours of farming index is still too fresh.   or perhaps at the least break things up a little too vary the grind a bit more then it is atm.

That's not fair, this is the quest theoretically introducing The Index, of course it is going to be Index heavy. You can't blame DE for you burning yourself out on the preview.,

17 minutes ago, Coach-Aprax said:

Pathetic . DE must learn what ¨entertaining content¨ means.I play video games to have fun and relax. This is the most boring and tedious piece of content ever. I´m pretty sure after 4 years I´m done with this game.

its time to move on really...this is become really joke  we ask for content they put  grind walls.. and call tidus content? who is 5 times weaker then inaros? really

Yeah, I was pretty pissed when it happened to me, but that was mostly because I didn't pay enough attention.

Anyway, what I did:

>use Nezha (because she's speedy and she has Warding Halo) and Tigris

>get around 7-9 points and cash them in

>camp near the enemy "cash-in" point and slaughter anyone who comes close

It's a good idea to keep a few points on you all the time just in case you have to even the odds very quick.

As for the whole "lose your credits" ordeal...

I'm pissed. Losing 160k credits is annoying as f*** for someone who doesn't do the usual Secura Lecta credits meta farming.

I wish there was an option to retry once without losing your cash instead of "okay screw you" after failing only one round.

10 minutes ago, Siekier said:

Yeah, I was pretty pissed when it happened to me, but that was mostly because I didn't pay enough attention.

Anyway, what I did:

>use Nezha (because she's speedy and she has Warding Halo) and Tigris

Nezha's a dude.

Try being in that damn index mission, the host leaving, the team being kicked back to multiplayer menu and losing the money you invested like I can afford to throw away 160k.

Screw that.

I'll pass on this quest but thanks all the same DE. It hasn't been implemented very well. I'll add this to the Limbo and Atlas warframe quests i'll never do.

Edited by Ailissa

1 hour ago, Coach-Aprax said:

Me too . . .now, what time will I be on tonight, lol ;)

I was also trolled during this. It feels like it's not worth the effort and I was really excited to work towards the new frame but I have to invest all my time into getting credits instead. Too easy for anyone to just apply more points over the margin, took away all my credits and feelings of fun.

29 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

Try being in that damn index mission, the host leaving, the team being kicked back to multiplayer menu and losing the money you invested like I can afford to throw away 160k.

Screw that.

I'll pass on this quest but thanks all the same DE. It hasn't been implemented very well. I'll add this to the Limbo and Atlas warframe quests i'll never do.

Thnx, guys, you have saved me some money. Limbo and Jordas Precept are my long dumped quests never to be done so unless the latest is fixed in some way it can join those 2.

As a long term player I came to the conclusion that I needed to drop the dross and customise the game just to my liking.

So, I do relevant alerts but mainly Syndicate and Relic stuff, and that's it, there is a whole, enjoyable game around just those. At MR20 [and clear to take MR21 but find it only suitable for 10 years old so kicked into touch . . . 'power ups', Jesus! how old do DE think we are ?] I can at last also kick MR tests into touch, which also means I don't have to chase weapons I don't want as I no longer need the points, and frustration magically disappears.

I know that just about all games come with their own degree of frustration but there are ways to lessen this if you stop and just see what actually interests you the most and dump the rest from your gameplay.

PS. Did none of you guys smell a rat when your own credits have to be gambled ?

Edited by CaptainEras