The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

Since i have nothing better to do, ill just answer few of the things people ''speculate'' upon

1 Helminth is not the fish swimming under the room [the big fish concept art can be found in the codex images under wildlife 2nd picture and its the 3rd creature in it]

2 ''infecting'' people does not affect your ''karma'' in the profile, the reason why some are slightly to moon or sun is simply because in the last part of the quest the moon and neutral options were bugged.

That is all.

27 minutes ago, Verrenen said:

Too bad that Grineer had is still on him.Looks quite good tho

Lets just think about it. Infestation devours all living things. So DNA of its victims is all stored and used in mutations etc. Am i right? Helmith is definitely an infested being so he has the tools to mutate all the accumulated DNA.

Just a theory xp.

Just now, Whit3Powd3R said:

Lets just think about it. Infestation devours all living things. So DNA of its victims is all stored and used in mutations etc. Am i right? Helmith is definitely an infested being so he has the tools to mutate all the accumulated DNA.

Just a theory xp.

This would be a nice story to try apologize for something everyone else knows thats as DE's lack of time / attention on this detail

Just now, Whit3Powd3R said:

Just a theory xp.

Nice theory,but i can't 100 % agree.Every unfested unit except Ancient(no idea what about them) need a body to mutate into bouncer,charger etc. It can't create them out of nothing.From the other hand,helmith can create metal and Grineer technology just from infestation?

Just now, Verrenen said:

Nice theory,but i can't 100 % agree.Every unfested unit except Ancient(no idea what about them) need a body to mutate into bouncer,charger etc. It can't create them out of nothing.From the other hand,helmith can create metal and Grineer technology just from infestation?

Technocyte can infect metal. What I believe is that infestation can store genetic data aswell as other things. The cyst being technocyte it probably re-purposes bits of the kubrow embryo, and shell to create it's new body.

Just now, Knight_Ex said:

So we have to repeatedly drain the cyst every week when it grows to full size? that still sounds like allot of BS without any real payout, don't really care about infested Kubrow/charger...

Do you not know how cysts work? Lancing, and draining them is the primary method of removal. There is probably also gona be an immunity thing like chicken pox. You only catch it once.

2 minutes ago, wolfking2k said:

Do you not know how cysts work? Lancing, and draining them is the primary method of removal. There is probably also gona be an immunity thing like chicken pox. You only catch it once.

I really don't want to have to go through this crap with every one of my Warframes.

Just now, wolfking2k said:

Probably shouldn't of switched between them every time one got infected. 

Only one of my 'frames is infected, and I put it into quarantine immediately and stopped playing multiplayer. However, the infection is almost certainly going to stay in the game forever, as Nidus warframes continue being built and infected. Inevitably, if you use a 'frame which has not gone through the infection yet, it will be infected and it will be necessary to put up with this again.

2 minutes ago, wolfking2k said:

Probably shouldn't of switched between them every time one got infected. 

...no, that's unreasonable. If you have to get each frame infested, then wait a week and then create a new charger for each warframe? That's just stupid. I'd put more expletives in there if I could, but it's really, really stupid.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Only one of my 'frames is infected, and I put it into quarantine immediately and stopped playing multiplayer. However, the infection is almost certainly going to stay in the game forever, as Nidus warframes continue being built and infected. Inevitably, if you use a 'frame which has not gone through the infection yet, it will be infected and it will be necessary to put up with this again.

Steve said in his tweet that there is going to be a cure for this cyst,if you don't want to have it on your  Frame.Knowing DE it could be purchased for plat

Anyway, besides the enormously disappointing charger, what else is the point of all this?

I sincerely doubt this pet that will be effectively be mastery bait and then discarded was all there was to the infested door tease. It's tempting to say that it was a tease for Nidus himself, but then why make this elaborate room and not have it be part of acquiring him and why is he the only one to open it?

I'm still expecting that non-Nidus frames will now be able to open the door, so it'll be interesting to see what happens in that regard.

Just now, Smilomaniac said:

Anyway, besides the enormously disappointing charger, what else is the point of all this?

I sincerely doubt this pet that will be effectively be mastery bait and then discarded was all there was to the infested door tease. It's tempting to say that it was a tease for Nidus himself, but then why make this elaborate room and not have it be part of acquiring him and why is he the only one to open it?

I'm still expecting that non-Nidus frames will now be able to open the door, so it'll be interesting to see what happens in that regard.

Probably Infested room will be related to future updates/quests.We still don't know the purpose of that bed(?) behind Helminth chair

11 minutes ago, Verrenen said:

Steve said in his tweet that there is going to be a cure for this cyst,if you don't want to have it on your  Frame.Knowing DE it could be purchased for plat

If you have to pay plat it's DE being a big greedy #$&(%

Edited by DaRollinThunder